• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

...because they are predominantly vaccinating with A-Z, which of course only needs one shot, so for them, it is a success, not a half-added stop-gap trying to pretend things have magically improved over the last 48 hours.

Come back with the latest ‘full-vaccination’ figures for Canada, and some of the members here may consider that you’re something other than a heavily-biased Trudeau shill, who hates Ford and is intellectually incapable of considering the positive nature of Ontario vaccinating almost 3 million citizens.
And maybe once you acknowledge that Premier Ford was lying through his teeth when he said he was having supply issues, people would think you're something other than a heavily biased anti Trudeau shill who loves Ford and is intellectually incapable of considering the positive nature of Canada jumping to third place from dead last in the G20 in 1st dose delivered.

LYING.

...because they are predominantly vaccinating with A-Z, which of course only needs one shot, so for them, it is a success, not a half-added stop-gap trying to pretend things have magically improved over the last 48 hours.

Come back with the latest ‘full-vaccination’ figures for Canada, and some of the members here may consider that you’re something other than a heavily-biased Trudeau shill, who hates Ford and is intellectually incapable of considering the positive nature of Ontario vaccinating almost 3 million citizens.
Also,

The U.K.'s decision to delay giving people the second dose of a coronavirus vaccine is proving controversial, with experts, advisors and the vaccine producers all weighing in on the strategy.

Britain was among the first countries in the world to kick off a mass vaccination campaign against the coronavirus, after approving the Covid-19 vaccine developed by Pfizer and BioNTech at the start of December. On Monday this week, it started rolling out the University of Oxford and AstraZeneca's vaccine, having approved it for use just ahead of the new year.

As both vaccines require two doses per person, the U.K. government said initially that a second dose would be given either three or four weeks after the first dose, depending on which vaccine was being given and in line with the dosing regimens tested in clinical trials.

However, it is now recommending a gap of up to 12 weeks, in an effort to give more people a first dose – and some initial protection against Covid-19

Well I did hear on the radio this morning that Toronto area closed down 3 huge vaccination set ups for lack of doses. I believe one was at Canada's Wonderland but I was ordering an Ice Cap while it was on.

Fords pulling the E-brake. He's going to save the province and through us, Canada.

Alberta and Saskatchewan just got a large delivery, which is why I took a screenshot of the situation yesterday.

Yesterday Alberta was around 90 percent.

And looking at Alberta, they to date were using up all their supply and getting a new shipment exactly when they used up their supply.

Again, I was targeting Ontario because premier Ford was LYING.

I'm sorry but your assessment of Ontario's vaccination efforts are unfair and don't consider all the factors of vaccination efforts of this size.

It appears you're only interested in pumping political tires than actually discussing fairly the challenges that each province faces and why things will take different amounts of time.

I personally don't have any issue with Doug Ford asking for more vaccines. I don't think that's to be unexpected. His province is going through the vaccine at the same rate as everyone else.

I'm also not seeing anyone attacking Liberal run provinces saying their efforts are somehow worse because of who's running them. Those provinces are doing just fine with what they have on hand as well. Everyone, in every province and even other countries, has surplus doses, and everyone wants more. That's regardless of political affiliation. ANY party that is power right now, federal, provincial, it doesn't matter, everyone is either trying to make or procure more doses and everyone is asking for more. It seems even the federal government is doing the same thing as Ontario; they are trying to procure more.

I'm sorry but your assessment of Ontario's vaccination efforts are unfair and don't consider all the factors of vaccination efforts of this size.

It appears you're only interested in pumping political tires than actually discussing fairly the challenges that each province faces and why things will take different amounts of time.

I personally don't have any issue with Doug Ford asking for more vaccines. I don't think that's to be unexpected. His province is going through the vaccine at the same rate as everyone else.

I'm also not seeing anyone attacking Liberal run provinces saying their efforts are somehow worse because of who's running them. Those provinces are doing just fine with what they have on hand as well. Everyone, in every province and every country, has surplus doses, and everyone wants more. That's regardless of political affiliation. ANY party that is power right now, federal, provincial, it doesn't matter, everyone is either trying to make or procure more doses and everyone is asking for more. I can assure you the federal government is doing the same thing as Ontario; they are trying to procure more.
I'm not attacking ANY other provinces.

Not Alberta ,not Saskatchewan and they are conservative run. I think they are doing well. And they are conservative run.

So why Ontario? Because they are blaming the federal government for supply issues. No other province is doing that, but they are. While they have hundreds of thousands sitting unused.

The fact that Ford deleted his lies only validates me calling him a liar.

And maybe once you acknowledge that Premier Ford was lying through his teeth when he said he was having supply issues, people would think you're something other than a heavily biased anti Trudeau shill who loves Ford and is intellectually incapable of considering the positive nature of Canada jumping to third place from dead last in the G20 in 1st dose delivered.

LYING.

Doug Ford was "lying" when he said he was having supply issues? Honestly, is their any place on earth right now that isn't having supply issues?

It doesn't matter who you are or where you live, everyone is having supply issues. There's literally nowhere that is 100% vaccinated.

If there wasn't "supply issues" we'd all have access to the vaccine right now.

Please show us how many unused vaccines the other provinces have and percentage of doses delivered administered and let's see if that number is really "shocking" or just completely normal and in line with everyone else.
I won't.

You know why?

Other provinces are not lying about their supply.

People really need to stop arguing success or failure based on who their political favourites are. The bias in this thread is flowing amply. Same people behind the same flags every time regardless of facts.

I'm not sure why you state that the AZ vaccine "of course only needs one shot."

The UK govt website above states that it is a 2 shot vaccine, with the second shot administered 4-12 weeks after the first.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Doug Ford was "lying" when he said he was having supply issues? Honestly, is their any place on earth right now that isn't having supply issues?

It doesn't matter who you are or where you live, everyone is having supply issues. There's literally nowhere that is 100% vaccinated.

If there wasn't "supply issues" we'd all have access to the vaccine right now.
They are having distribution problems.

They have 500k vaccines sitting around.

How can you ask for more vaccines when you haven't used your current vaccines?

Also, premier Ford was saying Ontario got 800k less vaccines than anticipated in March.

They are lying. Which is why I am focusing on them.

Last edited:
Alberta and Saskatchewan just got a large delivery, which is why I took a screenshot of the situation yesterday.

Yesterday Alberta was around 90 percent.

And looking at Alberta, they to date were using up all their supply and getting a new shipment exactly when they used up their supply.

Again, I was targeting Ontario because premier Ford was LYING.

A deleted tweet that reached under 1000 people re-posted by someone with the same political view as you and now Ontario is doing "badly" and "lying".

This is political shilling, not a fair discussion about vaccine distribution.

That's why you never post the full picture or show unused vaccine doses in other provinces as well.

As I have no political axe to grind here, anyone reading this thread will need to just go look at the date themselves and decide who they want to believe.

...because they are predominantly vaccinating with A-Z, which of course only needs one shot,
If you don't mind me asking, do you have a source for that?

Reason I ask is I already had my first AZ shot, and am booked for the second.

A deleted tweet that reached under 1000 people re-posted by someone with the same political view as you and now Ontario is doing "badly" and "lying".

This is political shilling, not a fair discussion about vaccine distribution.

That's why you never post the full picture or show unused vaccine doses in other provinces as well.

As I have no political axe to grind here, anyone reading this thread will need to just go look at the date themselves and decide who they want to believe.
There is one province complaining that they have supply issues.

One.

One premier went in front of the media and said the Feds dropping the ball resulted in them not being able to supply certain regions.

One.

If other provinces were doing likewise I would be calling them out on it as well.

Heck, if Alberta did it, I may even side with Jason Kenney. Because Alberta using all of their allocated vaccines just as they are getting their new shipment, leading to the belief that they have room to ramp up.

So I am NOT being partisan. I calling out one premier who is trying to deflect blame when we can easily fact check his claims, and show that he is not being honest.

I'm not sure why you state that the AZ vaccine "of course only needs one shot."

The UK govt website above states that it is a 2 shot vaccine, with the second shot administered 4-12 weeks after the first.

Maybe I'm missing something?
Not sure if it changed, but I have family members and friends in UK who only received one A-Z dose with no follow-up.

Perhaps confusing the fact is it’s described as a single-dose vaccine with booster.

Single-dose Oxford–AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine followed by a 12-week booster. (The Lancet)

If you don't mind me asking, do you have a source for that?

Reason I ask is I already had my first AZ shot, and am booked for the second.
See above.

Back