• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Care & Control/ Refuse to breathalyze

You are clearly in denial. If you were having a social drink you would have planned ahead, or just taken the breathalyzer.
Seek help through counseling. Get your supervisor involved let him know you have a problem and need help.
This is not a wrong place wrong time issue. You made a choice now you have to deal with the consequences.
Sounds cold but just talk to any member of MADD. Cost of membership is extremely high.
Best of luck in you trial but I think seeking help through your CoC should be priority.
Whatever happens on the admin side is now beyond your control.

wesleyd said:
You are clearly in denial. If you were having a social drink you would have planned ahead, or just taken the breathalyzer.
Seek help through counseling. Get your supervisor involved let him know you have a problem and need help.
This is not a wrong place wrong time issue. You made a choice now you have to deal with the consequences.
Sounds cold but just talk to any member of MADD. Cost of membership is extremely high.
Best of luck in you trial but I think seeking help through your CoC should be priority.
Whatever happens on the admin side is now beyond your control.

+1
As a supervisor who has a subordinate in a similar legal predicament I have zero sympathy for the OP as he is clearly not taking responsibility for his actions and looking for scapegoats.  My guy at least took responsibility, sought counseling, resolved his issue and we worked to keep the impact to his career as limited as the regulations allow.

As an aside, I have a friend who was charged with a DUI after being found passed out in the middle of an intersection with his car still on and in gear.  His lawyer assured him that he had a very strong case and was more than happy to take $5K to represent him.  The results was that my friend was still convicted but had an additional $5K in costs that he wouldn't have had if he resolved the case in a different manner.

A former girlfriend of mine is a lawyer, and her advice was always blow unless you were involved in an accident where someone was injured or killed.

Back