• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAP: What NOT to bring

I hope that some of you remember to bring some common sense with you too.

It's not on the kit list.

Luckily, nor are smart assed comments and bad attitudes.

eliminator said:
My course (including the battle school prep week) goes from Sep 9th-Nov 23rd, and thats all 5 mods

You're going on a field course in Gagetown that runs into November and are considering not bringing your whole sleeping bag?

See you at the UMS.

eliminator said:
Are there any things that are totally useless?

Yes, and space as at a premium.

Webbing?- dont we just get issued tac vests once we get there?

You'll get a Tacvest issued at the Infantry School - leave the webbing.

Is complete sleeping bag over kill? : inner, outer, hood, and liner.

No - bring it all.

-Parade boots and oxfords?

Yep - bring your DEU's complete.  The Infantry School's kit list is out of date and confusing.  Every course they go nuts because there is confusion over the DEU's.  Just bring yours and you don't have to be the guy that says "I don't have mine".  Also, you'll need it all for Nov 11.

Air matress?

Yes.

Combat overshoes?

Is it on the kitlist?  If so, bring it.  If she's a cold and/or wet winter (which I bet it will be), you'll appreciate them in the tent.

DEU stuff: 2 long sleeve 2 short sleeve, 2 pairs of pants?

See above.  You'll need it all for inspection.

Thanx for all the imput guys. I'm going to bring pretty much everything, but I'm 50/50 on the webbing at this point.

Its been years since I've been in the field, so I guess it's better to have than to have not.

the countdown to CAP continues....

All I can say, is if they give you a Kit List, bring what is on that list.  Don't bring things that are not on that list, like some in the past have done, such as Golf Clubs and Tennis Rackets.  ;D

Kit lists are there for a reason. If you don't have everything then bring what you do have, the rest will issued to you on a Temp Loan Card when you get to your course.

My 2 cents worth.

Nfld Sapper said:
Kit lists are there for a reason. If you don't have everything then bring what you do have, the rest will issued to you on a Temp Loan Card when you get to your course.

My 2 cents worth.

This covers it all.... worth much more than just 2 cents.

looking for a trade said:
I may try and convince my CO to get me loaded on the course.

Hvae you already been OT'ed to another trade ?

Back