• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN on Pay and PIL

PPCLI Guy said:
As of Monday this weeek, the team was working on files recieved on 21 Feb.  They have comp0leted over 9K of the 44K total files that have been submitted.

Awesome update. I don't doubt the numbers provided (it sounds realistic) but I'm wondering your source for this info. We've had so many conflicting posts that now people are looking for a reliability factor, if you know what  I mean.

AirDet........just take my word for it that his sources would be the best available.

AirDet said:
Awesome update. I don't doubt the numbers provided (it sounds realistic) but I'm wondering your source for this info. We've had so many conflicting posts that now people are looking for a reliability factor, if you know what  I mean.

My source is unimpeachable and irrefutable, and I understand that the info above has been issued on the command net in 1 CMBG.

Was there ever any indication to how many % of the 44K were 50%ers, how many were 100%ers (all reg time), and how many were "complex" i.e. mixed or all res time?

lulu said:
Where r u located? I am still waiting!!

(Reading through the "msn speak", I think you're wondering as to my location.  With this assumption, I make my reply below.)

I'm at a school at CTC in Gagetown.

Thanks for the update, Gents. I have a few guys with wives that are  bugging them daily WRT the PiL. I'll be sure to pass that update. It may not be the information many of them are hoping for but it shows them that some solid progress has been made (almost 25%  complete).

I think the worst part of this is the lack of updates. That tends to lead to frustration. If you could post each time they start a new month I'm sure you'd make a lot of happy people.

Thanks again. You guys  (PPCLI and Bruce M) rock.

AirDet said:
......... I have a few guys with wives that are  bugging them daily WRT the PiL.

That really brings back memories of Field Pay and why one should not be telling spouses about monies above and beyond normal pay.  There is that other matter of "not spending the money until it is in your bank account" that we also tell people deploying: "Don't go out and buy things with Tour money, until you actually have gone."  It happened to me where I was bumped off Tour, the day before I was to get on the plane.  Telling your spouse that you have a large amount of cash coming (ie. PIL) with no due date is just asking for complications, as witnessed here. 

[quote author=AirDet]
[/quote]

Observing my roomate conducting the East Coast SDA audits 7 years ago, I agree PPCLI Guy numbers would be bang on.

George Wallace said:
Telling your spouse that you have a large amount of cash coming (ie. PIL) with no due date is just asking for complications, as witnessed here.

Totally agree. The thing is they all chat on the "spouses" site. While that can be a good thing I'm also sure it's started a few arguments.  :facepalm:

I received an email on June 11 stating that my file had passed first verification and gave me the gross amount. It stated that my file would be sent on to the next stage for final verification and issuing of funds....it's been 2 months since that email, just curious, does this seem the right time frame? Anyone have any info on this, from their experience perhaps?  Thanks

I received the same email a few days ahead of you (first week of June 12). My file was first sent on 14 Dec 12 which was the first day you could do so....I'm afraid that means it took a very long time for our OR section to send our file to the PIL Team. I'm in Ottawa.

George Wallace,  I am a military spouse and former serving member and I can tell you that there are plenty of military members who have already run up credit cards or taken out loans because they are getting this money even though there is no date for anyone as to when they are getting it.  Also a lot of serving members spend their claims WAY before they get it finalized, and yes risk coming back early and having to somehow pay it back.  Don't just blame the wives, the guys do a great job as well on their own.  Anyone pre-spending this money is asking for trouble.  If they are only at 9 k and have not even 25% to go, it will be a long time till us for one sees it.  There is nothing wrong with telling your spouse there is extra money coming in, both should be responsible. 

I am not trying to start up a conversation about spouses knowing what, but this irritated me.  I like this thread and want to see it continue, it's great information to know kind of where they are at.

Even though George may not have said it, he is VERY aware troops can be their own worst enemy.

He was also not blaming spouses. He was saying the best way to avoid conflict with your spouse is to not even discuss the matter which in my experience is sound advice.

I took his not telling the spouse about money coming is as blaming them for possibly pre-spending, I don't see why telling your spouse that extra money coming in would cause a conflict since it shouldn't.

I will leave it at that since a can of worms is starting to open.  Everyone is different and has different experiences.

I still dont understand the whole process, My file was sent to Ottawa in Jan, middle of Jan, I was CC'd in the email however, my counterpart has seen his 100% come and gone last month and his was sent end of Jan. I enquired to my OR and they stated if there was a problem with my file, they would of heard and in which they havent. Now I am to believe that they are going in some sort of payout order, as in, more money, longer it takes considering my counterpart had only half the time in for receiving his.

Unless your counter part has the exact same employment history as you date for date etc you can't really compare your file to anyone else's. There are far too many variables to figure out why.

Sheep Dog AT said:
Unless your counter part has the exact same employment history as you date for date etc you can't really compare your file to anyone else's. There are far too many variables to figure out why.

No, he doesnt, he has less time in, I thought how the process was, the PIL team did them as they came in, so in other words, ones that came in on 16th were done before the 17th for example. Maybe sooner or later, someone from the PIL team will see this forum and give us some insight!

Your file could have just ended up in a different box then his when sent.  Some units have their clerks divided into last names.  A-K L-Z. 

Back