• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Uniforms

• Thread starter sgt.shmedly102
  • Start date
S

sgt.shmedly102

Is there anywhere I can find info on Canadian Forces uniforms? Not the CADPAT BDU‘S, but the service/dress uniforms, accoutrements, and uniform traditions. Do all Canadian soldiers wear berets? What is the color cenvetntion followed? (i.e. red is airborne, do you follow European practice of black for armor, etc.?)

Im not gonna be much help, but yes armor wears black berets and I dont know about the rest sory, actually I wouldnt mind knowing either, I havent seen any real good pictures or explanations of the Canadian uniforms around...

Coniar

Regimental websites are a good place to get details on unit dress uniforms. At the very least you tend to find photos on some of the sites.
Standard Canadian dress uniform is green tunic and trousers with green beret. Jump Coys wear maroon, all armour wears black, MPs wear cherry red, UN serving troops wear UN blue. I think that‘s about it. Scottish units wear glengarrys or balmorals in dress uniform with kilts. Guards regiments wear peaked caps, I believe.
Certain units also wear full dress (scarlet) or blues on special occasions. Highland units often wear doublets (closed collar) as their full dress (ie. most elaborate dress uniform). These uniforms are almost identical to those worn by the British Army on special occasions, with British army rank even worn by officers. In the case of blues I think these are most often privately purchased by officers and senior NCOs only, usually in armoured regiments.

Back