• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Military Slang

Spr Earl: Never heard the Bullwinkle one before. However, the term "Seafilth" has been tossed around before.

A & SH of C- @$$holes and $hit Heads of Canada
RHLI- Rock Hudson Light Infantry
SVC- Special Viper Commando (used when members of a foreign army ask what the SVC stands for)
RHF of C- KF of C
Lincoln & Welland Regt- Links and Dinks
Essex & Kent Scottish- Eeeeks and Squeeks
PWOR- P Dubs
4 RCR- Mock Chicken
1st Hussars- 1st Hosers
HMCS Star (Naval Base in Hamilton)-Her Majesty‘s Concrete Ship

Sorry to the guys at the Armouries...but..

PLF - Pretty Little Fairies

Originally posted by combat_medic:
[qb] Spr Earl: Never heard the Bullwinkle one before. However, the term "Seafilth" has been tossed around before. [/qb]
I guess I‘m showing my age. ;) :D
Also the Froth is another for the S.F.H.

Can‘t forget referring to all the OCdt‘s as ‘snotties‘...

I remember being referred to as the quarter inch general!!! the speghetti stripers!!!

I got called a spaghetti striper by a french sailor at a bar when I told him I was an Naval Officer Cadet, it seems the term is universal.

another one for FNG

F***** No Good

Che, you got burned by a french sailor, haha

Not completely,
Let‘s just say the words "Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey" were the very next thing out of my mouth.

We had a good laugh about that actually once someone explained it to him, It seems that most of the French find it funny when people insult their track record.

Che,
Better put a smiley face on that, someone may accuse you of being racist. Yeah, you of all people :D

Some more common Brit army slang:
Weapon: "Shooter"
Food: "Scoff"
Rucksack: "Bergen"
Sleeping Bag: "Dossbag,Maggot"
Cigarrettes: "Binds,Snouts,"
Quickly: "Fidi-Fidi"
Canteen: "NAAFI, Choggy" NAAFI can also be applied to a poor soldier ie;" No Ambition And F***all Interest."
Man: "Wallah"
Woman(good looking): "Bird, Spunky"(either as a noun or an adjective)
Woman(ugly): "Scrungewort, Goppper, two-bagger"(in case the first one breaks)
Ghurka Soldier: "Johnny Gurung"(not disrespectful)
Cook: "Waterscorcher, Ration Assasin"
Logistics soldier: "Blanket stacker"
Signals soldier: "Scaley"
Civillian: "Local yokel"
Drink to excess: "Rubberised, On-the-p*ss"
To be violently ill: "Screaming in technicolour"
Ugly/Untidy: "Heaving, Festering, Scroffulous"

Mod edit - Inappropriate content removed

How about we make it a challenge, and see who can write a story using the most slang?

One night, I was completely rubberised in this bar. Having just returned from a long session of screaming in technicolour in the bathroom, I happened upon this bird having a scoff at the bar. I asked her: "So, what‘s the waterscorcher done up for you then?" and she said to me, "You scrofulous toad, shut your festering gob! You‘re clearly on the p*ss! Why don‘t you go the He|| home to your wanking chariot and leave me alone? I ain‘t no local yokel that I‘d go home with some blanket stacker!....

Hey Port Cullis Guy, I think this what you heard about the
G AND SF: Ground "Air" Nuclear Defence Special Forces

48th: Glamour Boys, Dirty 4 Dozen

Lorne Scots: Horny Lorny‘s, Tweety‘s

Toronto Scottish: Tor Scots

Royal Regiment of Canada: Royal Rejects (Russians, Rastafarians) of Canada

GGHG: Gugga Hugga‘s

I knew the G AND SF one, but I like the Grey & Slimy Foreskins better... Didn‘t hear "Tweeties" for the Lornes until the DP2A course.

After this weekend, I might take to referring to the 7 RCA as "Really Can‘t Aim"... some of those gunners were horrible shots on the range. It was either that, or our crap coaching! Ha ha!

You didn‘t know about tweeties until, this course. I like the Really Can‘t Aim (I will relay some more stories later in the mess). It wasn‘t our coaching, they just used to not having to have a direct hit :)

SHOVEL RECCE USED TO FIND A SUITABLE HOLE IN THE GROUND IN WHICH TO TAKE A DUMP

Wimp Whingeing, Incompetent, Malingering, Person invented by some anonymous Sergeant Major

This is for the reservists out there:

SWAT: Some Weekends and Thursdays (or Tuesdays)
Toon: what some Regs call reservists

DF: Dog-F***ing
FTD: F*** the dog

Most of the other ones I know would display way too many *‘s so no point in going in to them.

this might be a q. for an american, but what‘s a K ration?

oh, yeah.. and there‘s also

Hard rats: Ration packs
Soft rats: hay boxes

K Rats were the old US WW2 tinned rat packs, which were replaced by C Rats, then along came MRE‘s. The last time I had C rats was about 1980 or 81.

Have you heard of T Rats?. One time to my suprise we had meals with the Yanks. They were called T Rats, and we were deep in the desert.

They were a tray, one use disposable with a place for potatoes, veggies and meat. All heated up, and then you peeled the top off. Once you were done eating, just chucked in the bin. They had that preserved taste, but when you are hungry, it all tastes fine.

I do remember the Cdn double boxed IRPs with the canned bacon which was my favourite. Then in about 1980 or so, the IMPs began to trickle in. Allthough I have left the CF almost 10yrs ago, I did have a peek at the IMPs of 2000, and they had improved since I left.

Regards,

Wes

Pecker Checker- Medic
Zipper Head-- Armoured
High Priced Help--Officers
Squids, Swabbies Minnows--Navy
The Social Club--Air Force
Plough Jockies--Hasty Pees
Meatheads-- MPs
Head Shed-- Headquarters
Stores Walla-- Supply

These are just some I can think of off the top of my Head