• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Military Slang

Spr.Earl

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
This will be fun,now no one get upset now.

Binrat= Storeman

Muscle Head= Zipper head

Thumper Head= Engineer

Lead Magnet= A tank (As most infantry will shoot at tank's)

Jimmy= Sig.'s type

Pecker Checker= Medic

Boat People= Navy type's

Sprog= Newbie

Bull Winkle= A member of the Seaforth's.
Reg.Badge has a Stag's head on it.

R.C.H.A.= Run Coward's Hide Away

Sapper Sandwich=Penis butter sangie,always eaten on the run and normaly inhaled not chewed!

Circus Corp.= Service Batt.'s

Meat Head or Tete Viand= M.P.'s

Picklie's= P.P.C.L.I.

Chicken F's= R.C.R.'s

Please contiue,Remember this is all in fun.
Still have not found out how the R.C.R.'s got their nick name.Had a friend in the R.C.R.'s who was proud of it and every time someone called him a chicken F'er he would crow like a rooster and smile.

Fu#kie, sh!tpump, numpty, mouthbreather, turd, weird Herold, Infantry Support, etc >> All non-031‘s( :D )

Buddy-fu#ker, blade, Mack The Knife, ThunderChicken, 5-0, fuzz, The Po‘, fink, rat, killjoy, enemy spy, Big Brother‘s Eyes, etc. >> MPs

Wog, pouge, REMF, TONTV(troop of no tactical value), balloon, Timmy‘s snarfer, Houdinis (make kit, paperwork, and pay disappear with no effort and no clue at all), "Which way does the rifle point?" >> Circus Battalion capbadges

Targets, crap hats, "Death Before Dismount" >> Tracktoads (or WheeledToads in the modern era)

Gunbunny, cannoncocker, PRIVATE NOT GUNNER/CORPORAL NOT BOMBADIER >> Arty

Lefty/Righty, Four Fingers McGee, Boomer, "Watch this sh!t" >> Sappers (The best kind are the ones who run the backhoe to save the troops having to dig down to stage 3 in the Meaf by themselves; Thanks Lefty!)

With ranks like Master Seaman, the Navy doesn‘t even need us to make jokes about them.

I don‘t think we have an Air Force anymore, so there‘s no point in making fun of them, really. When they can‘t be bothered to dispatch a Herc so that a bunch of my buds who went on the March para crse can‘t make all their Herc jumps and don‘t get their wings despite doing 8 jumps while in Trenton, then I just don‘t care to say anything about the Air Farce.

"Lefty/Righty, Four Fingers McGee, Boomer, "Watch this sh!t" >> Sappers (The best kind are the ones who run the backhoe to save the troops having to dig down to stage 3 in the Meaf by themselves; Thanks Lefty!)"

Hey Marauder,
At least you know which side your breads‘ buttered on eh?!! LOL

The old hoe come‘s in handy in gravel areas eh?
Save‘s yous lot a big sweat!!

The neat thing about being a Hengineer
(I can spell it now),we get to meet all the trade‘s in the field and see who the pro.‘s realy are and on average the Infantry are the best!!

Herbies,Herpies= Arty

Let‘s hear some more slang folk‘s

I like the tracktoads one. I think i‘ll use it around the RCD lines and make some friends. (Great guys though)
Sounds like you‘ve made LOTS of friends Marauder :)

Hey Ghost just say Draaaagooon‘s,drive‘s them nut‘s!!Or Muscle head.
You know why?

Because they need the muscle to keep their ear‘s apart.

I know my brother was Draaaagoooon,and he and I nearly alway‘s got into a punch up‘s,he calling me thumper head and me just laughing my head off as thumper head‘s are usefull !! LOL

My ex-Navy uncle always called me Pongo, but I don‘t think they use that one anymore.

CFMS - Can‘t Find My Shoes. I see they replaced this with MEDICAL on the new CADPAT slipons, so maybe they got tired of that one? It was better than RAMC, the Brit equivalent, which was usually "Rob All My Comrades".

The local Communication Squadron (COMM SQUAD) was usually derided as "Cum Squad" until such time as they vacated our armouries for more spacious accommodations at the naval reserve base - the "stone frigate" as it is known.

We use Circus Battalion in AB also; glad to see these things are universal.

Mike there is also a song that goes along with Circus Corp.
Ever heard it?

I don‘t think we have an Air Force anymore, so there‘s no point in making fun of them, really. When they can‘t be bothered to dispatch a Herc
BPARA courses have the lowest priority in the CF. That is why your buddies couldn‘t finish their course and get their "wings". It had nothing to do with the Airforce per se, more of an issue of priority. Should we continue to support our boys in Afhanistan and Africa, or throw some lawn darts on to the field at Mountain View? Hmmmm.... pretty simple answer for me. Sorry boys but the BPARA will always take the back seat to real world operations. Have a complaint, send them to PMO, Ottawa, CC MND.

Gravel Tech = Infantry
Rag Picker = Sup Tech
Gun Plumber = Weapons Tech

I was told the origins of the ‘Chicken F*cker‘ nickname were in the Korean War, where someone wearing the RCR capbadge allegedly used a chicken to satisfy a certain desire(I‘m not saying this is true or no, I have nothing but respect for the RCR - it‘s just the story I was told by a course DS back in Gagetown in ‘88). The other side of that story was that RCR actually stood for "Run Chicken Run."

Some other tidbits of slang:

Honey bucket: portable toilet.

Haybox: containers CQ uses to bring hot meals into the field.

Sh*t Ticket: Toilet paper.

Groundsheet: easy female who‘s working her way through the platoon.

Horse C*ck: Large wrinkled pouring spout on jerricans.

Pogue: unimportant, lazy rear echelon type.

PONTI (pon-tee): Person Of No Tactical Importance; someone who has no use in regards to the mission.

GOPWO (gop-whoa): Grossly Overpromoted Warrant Officer; a warrant who has accepted a promotion to captain to bump up their pay for the last few years of their service to get a better pension, usually just along for the ride.

TEWT: Tactical Exercise Without Troops; Chain of command goes out in the field, decides where they would deploy their various weapons, etc.

PENIS: Practical Exercise, Not Involving Soldiers - much funnier name for a TEWT.

REMF (rem-f): Rear Echelon Mother F*cker - see pogue. The sort of weenies who got first issue of CADPAT and goretex boots to wear in their comfy offices while troops in the field had none.

Cratekicker: PONTIs and REMFs who hand around supply areas ‘kicking‘ crates to see whats in them, looking for new or cool gear. Usually the first to have any new kit.

3S‘s: (three-esses): Sh*t, shower, shave; as in "Alright, timings: 0600, 3S‘s; 0700, breaky..."

TAB: Tactical Advance to Battle

Spare D*ink: someone (usually officer) who really doesn‘t have a job to do.

Flinch factor: the degree of urgency needed to do something, rated on a scale of one to ten. Also the degree to which something surprises or scares you,

Max Flinch: a flinch factor of ten plus, eg. "I was just buttoning up with the groundsheet when the OC walked in on us. I just f*cking max flinched and got outta there before he saw my face..."

Kit Monster: Someone who isn‘t a pogue or remf but likes to have all the shiny things.

Thud: a dense person of limited mental capability, eg. "That guy is a total thud."

Dognut: Officer Cadet

FUBAR: F*cked Up Beyond All Relief.

Dog and Pony Show: FUBAR on a large scale involving many people.

That‘s all I can think of for now...

FUBAR = F*cked up beyond all *recognition*.

TARFU = Things Are Really F*cked Up.

Charlie Foxtrot: A description of the results of a failure to plan. See also Mongolian Clusterf*ck.

Plug = Someone of limited career advancement potential. See also "Thud".

Widow Maker –old name for the CF 104 Starfighter

Rene’s Border Guards or Rubber Boot Company-12 RBC

God’s Gift to Fat Girls- GGFG

God’s Gift to Horny Girls- GGHG

Class B Commando– Reservist on perpetual call outs but won’t transfer to the regs. (usually a REMF)

Teflon Regiment– Van Doos

Weekend Warrior- Reservist

G.R.U.N.T- Government Reject Unfit for Normal Training, or Government Reject Unbelievable Nasty Temper

Pig or Gimpy- GPMG

Head shed- BHQ or any HQ

Domestic 9er- wife (or other significant other lets be PC now)

Rocking Chair Rangers (RCR)
Ping-Pong Champions from Long Island/Peanuts, Popcorn, Candy, Licorice, and Icecream (PPCLI)
Queers on Retreat (QOR)
Four-dozen highlanders (48th)
Rocky Mountain Ramf*ckers/Rimrangs (Rocky Mountain Rangers)
Lawn darts (Paratroopers)
Gut wrenches (KFS)

Here‘s some Sigs ones:

GAF - Give a f*ck

GAFF - Give a f*ck factor (normally very low for us)

MALE - Minimum acceptable level of effort

MLE - Minimum Level of effort

rad - radio, duh

Say again - rip off from rad VP for exactly what it means

Wait out - same as above

Correction - same as above

Tac Rad - tactical radio; the "armiest" thing we do

Strat rad - strategic radio; what everyone wants to do

My apologies to the Royal‘s on the forum.

RCR = Run Chicken Run

PONTI = Person Of No Tactical Importance

You guys have hit most of them.. dang.....

How about OPI = Only Person Interested

Back