• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Icons

Mr. Dress-up I am sad to say was not fully Canadian as he was born in the US (Maine) but I have to agree barenaked ladies!!!! oh and the band Barenaked Ladies too.

Andy

Maple Syrup
Beer
Hockey
Beavers
Mounties
Jim Carrey
Being Cold
Low Crime
Gay Marriage
Celine Dion :(
Flannel Shirts
Touques
Comedy
Shania Twain
Maple Leafs (Not the crappy hockey team)

(from Letterman, courtesy of my younger brother):

Top Ten Canadian Euphemisms For Sex
:cdn:
10. Playing mountie

9. Fur trapping

8. Making Peg whinny

7. Entering parliament

6. Pulling the goalie

5. Doin‘ it, eh?

4. Putting the "man" in Manitoba

3. High sticking

2. Stuffing a beaver -- the beaver is our national animal

1. Oh, Oh, Oh Canada

"Top Ten Canadian Euphemisms For Sex" with Mike Myers (08/29/02)

Originally posted by D-n-A:
[qb] I‘ve never heard of the band RUSH before... [/qb]
Don‘t worry The Hip beats the **** out of em anyway... :D

Hey lets not forget

Donald Sutherland
Bryan Adams
Queen City Kids (from Regina)
Colin James (also from Regina)
Michael J Fox
John Candy
k.d. Lang

the canadian flag, its so inspiring! Then of course there is our gov't to be proud of, lol. ;) :cdn:

Our PM wearing a new Kevlar helmet backwards while visiting the troops overseas....classic.
The Best of Canada:

Bob and Doug
Toques
The Hip
TPB
Royal Canadian Air Farce
Political Satire (Air Farce, Rick Mercer, This Hour has 22 Minutes)
SafetyBOSS (Best Oilfield Firefighting Company in the World!!!!! #1 in Kuwait in 1991)
Beer, eh!
Stan Rogers
Cape Breton Moonshine
Bur-Mac party at St F/X University

1. The Canada Arm on the space shuttle

2. The beaver(animal not the show)

3. The telephone

those are just a few Canadian icons that i have on my mind at 1:54am could have more need more sleep.

Our PM wearing a new Kevlar helmet backwards while visiting the troops overseas....classic.

Its a sort of tradition for high-ranking officials/officers now...  ;)

http://www.army.dnd.ca/lfwa_hq/Photos/AP2002-5445.jpg

All the stuff all my fellow Canadians have mentioned above is FANTASTIC!!! And to add:

Our spirit, Canadians are known throughout the world to be honorable, kind and free-spirited!

Also:
We kicked the Americans F8ck'n asses 2 times and burnt the White House to the ground! (I know, we can't do that anymore! Only a sense of pride because it was the only times we've been attacked on homeland, and, we WON!)

Largest country in the world (Russia was no. 1 until the collapse of the USSR)...

My name is Joe, and I am Canadian.
;D

You should know that Russia is still the holder of the largest country in the world.  We did not burn the White house down.  It was still standing but really black.  The french were there for a visit and the US did not want the French to see their beacon of Freedom all black because  e of the fire so they painted it white.  So the Americans can thank the British and Canadian people for the house of the President of the United States of America being called the WHITE HOUSE.  Before the fire it was painted Yellow with white trim. ;D

The Americans can thank us for getting them to make there army a professional army.  If it was not for the stale mate of the war of 1812 west point would not be the military college that it is now.  They suffered alot of defeats at the hands of British and Canadian troops with generals that were not trained to the European standard. :salute: :cdn:

They started the war weak and got stronger near the end.  One of the reasons that they sued for peace and a stale mate was the states like Maine and a few others were giving the idea of leaving the Union. The President did not need to be figthing a war on multiple fronts with foreigners and his own countrymen.

So i agree with you we did win the war for one reason we were small in population compared to them and we held them to a status qua. 

My name is David , and I am Canadian.
:cdn: :cdn: :cdn: ;D ;D ;D

Ahhh crap! I thought we were the largest! Darn. O-well.

Fine, 2nd largest... *Grumbles continually throughout the rest of the day*

:crybaby:

Hey.
I'm not a lumberjack,
or a fur trader...
and I don't live in an igloo
or eat blubber, or own a dogsled...
and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada,
although I'm certain they're really, really nice.

I have a Prime Minister,
not a President.
I speak English and French,
NOT American.
and I pronouce it ABOUT,
NOT A BOOT.

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack.
I believe in peace keeping, NOT policing.
DIVERSITY, NOT assimilation,
AND THAT THE BEAVER IS A TRULY PROUD AND NOBLE ANIMAL.
A TOQUE IS A HAT,
A CHESTERFIELD IS A COUCH,
AND IT IS PRONOUCED 'ZED' NOT 'ZEE', 'ZED'!

CANADA IS THE SECOND LARGEST LANDMASS!
THE FIRST NATION OF HOCKEY!
AND THE BEST PART OF NORTH AMERICA!

MY NAME IS JOE!
AND I AM CANADIAN!

:salute: I just came back from two most enjoyable weeks in Saskatchewan and Alberta. I visited Ft. Macleod, Ft. Walsh, " Depot" Division RCMP, Batoche, Edmonton Ld SH(RC), Lake Louise, Calgary- Museum of the Regiments and the "Pede," including the Chuckwagon Races and 'Young Canadians Show."

The one icon missing from the many is, :salute:Sam Steele of the NWMP, RNWMP,  first Col of the Strathcon's, helped in founding the Vingt -Doos and Maj. Gen Second Canadian Division WWI.  :salute:

David
Scottsdale AZ

General John Cabot Trail, leader of the Cape Breton Liberation Army. Down with the causeway b'y!

Back