• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) [MERGED]

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. And don't worry, I definitely will aim for 100  :)%

Hello lots of CFAT threads couldn't find much about this, just woundering if the testreadypro for CFAT is any good http://testreadypro.com/courseshop/products/114.html
I know its a lot of money but only got 4 days to study till my CFAT on may 15t
I heard you don't have to score that high for Infantry but I still want to get a score as high as I can ONLY GOT 20/40 right on the practice test they sent me :/
any feed back on this site?

This should give you a good idea about what some people think.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/73666/post-705792.html#msg705792

Personally, I wouldn't waste the money if I were you, but do whatever you feel you need to do to be ready for the test.

I'm not familiar with the text you listed.

In all honestly, I'm concerned for you in that you said you only got 50% on the practice test. The practice test examples give you a general idea of what you can expect, but is not indicative of the actual difficulty level of writing the CFAT in its entirety.

There are some tips on study guides here, as well as many other useful tips in other threads, which I'm sure you've come across...

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/109801/post-1215472.html#msg1215472

Ideally, it may have been a good idea to give yourself lots of time to study a bit every day, rather than cramming. But good luck.

I'm not familiar with the text you listed.

In all honestly, I'm concerned for you in that you said you only got 50% on the practice test. The practice test examples give you a general idea of what you can expect, but is not indicative of the actual difficulty level of writing the CFAT in its entirety.

There are some tips on study guides here, as well as many other useful tips in other threads, which I'm sure you've come across...

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/109801/post-1215472.html#msg1215472

Ideally, it may have been a good idea to give yourself lots of time to study a bit every day, rather than cramming. But good luck.

Well it mostly all the math problems, when I got answers wrong on the other stuff it was just me rushing.. I don't know why I did that but I'm thinking of just getting a tutor if its the math problems I'm having a hard time with
what do you think
and http://www.psc-cfp.gc.ca/ppc-cpp/test-examen/grt-erd/q-index-eng.php is the test I'm talking about

swiftcharger said:
Well it mostly all the math problems, when I got answers wrong on the other stuff it was just me rushing.. I don't know why I did that but I'm thinking of just getting a tutor if its the math problems I'm having a hard time with
what do you think
and http://www.psc-cfp.gc.ca/ppc-cpp/test-examen/grt-erd/q-index-eng.php is the test I'm talking about

That is definitely a hefty price in my opinion. I can't tell you whether it would be a good investment for you personally or not, but for me I don't think it would have been.

Math is by far my weakest ability, but I was able to pass. (My highest high-school grade if I remember correctly was in the mid-60s, if that, and I wasn't in any advanced math courses [or perhaps 'academic' in your case, depending on your age] either.) I scored very well on my spacial aptitude and English components though.

Do not rush during the test. Yes, you're timed, but don't rush. IMO, you're better off doing what you can thoroughly then going back to the ones that gave you the most difficulty--that's what worked for me.  If you feel a tutor is what will help you, go for it. I feel four days doesn't give you a substantial amount of time to really absorb what you need to in order to put it into practice under pressure though. (Well, for me it wouldn't have been unless able to spend, literally, the entire period doing it over and over again.)  But I don't know you, so maybe a few hours over that period will be all you need. Best of luck.

That is definitely a hefty price in my opinion. I can't tell you whether it would be a good investment for you personally or not, but for me I don't think it would have been.

Math is by far my weakest ability, but I was able to pass. (My highest high-school grade if I remember correctly was in the mid-60s, if that, and I wasn't in any advanced math courses [or perhaps 'academic' in your case, depending on your age] either.) I scored very well on my spacial aptitude and English components though.

Do not rush during the test. Yes, you're timed, but don't rush. IMO, you're better off doing what you can thoroughly then going back to the ones that gave you the most difficulty--that's what worked for me.  If you feel a tutor is what will help you, go for it. I feel four days doesn't give you a substantial amount of time to really absorb what you need to in order to put it into practice under pressure though. (Well, for me it wouldn't have been unless able to spend, literally, the entire period doing it over and over again.)  But I don't know you, so maybe a few hours over that period will be all you need. Best of luck.

Okay well thanks for the reply last question though if you dont mind, were you doing your CFAT for Infantry

swiftcharger said:
Okay well thanks for the reply last question though if you dont mind, were you doing your CFAT for Infantry

No, but everyone writes the same CFAT. One's overall score determines whether they qualify for the trades of their choice, or trades in general.

If it costs money, don't bother.  You can find lots of stuff to bone up on math online for no cost.  Look for questions similar to the ones on the CFAT practice test.  If its a weak area, just keep practicing.  Don't waste any money.

Hi all, I have my CFAT booked tomorrow. My question is do you have to score high on the aptitude to qualify for infantry for the reserves? I've brushed up on my math but I'm just wondering so I don't over-stress on it, thanks.

CFAT score requirements are the same for Reserve and Regular Force.

You have to score high enough to qualify for your trade.  Just brush up on what is covered on the test,  don't over think/stress over it.

kylereserve1 said:
My question is do you have to score high on the aptitude to qualify for infantry for the reserves?

CFAT infantry score 
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/110464/post-1227847.html#msg1227847

Thank you, that was of much help. How would you dress for the CFAT anyways? Business casual or regular clothes? I don't want to walk in with the same business casual clothes for my cfat, then my physical, then back into those clothes in the same day since they are scheduled all in one day.

kylereserve1 said:
How would you dress for the CFAT anyways?

CFAT Dress Code 
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/105339.0

Hello,

Does your application get pushed through to testing if your roles you have chosen are not available?

Should you do well on your CFAT and the careers you have chosen are unavailable, are you ever offered other positions that are open currently in the forces?

Cbbmtt said:
Does your application get pushed through to testing if your roles you have chosen are not available?
Should you do well on your CFAT and the careers you have chosen are unavailable, are you ever offered other positions that are open currently in the forces?

Generally speaking, if your occupation choices are NOT available, then they probably wouldn't have you write the CFAT.  However, if they aren't and you do, then they should be counselling (ie; reorienting) you towards occupations which are currently available and if you are interested.

Occupations in the Primary Reserve (PRes) are "limited" and based solely on the respective Reserve Unit which referred you to the CFRC for testing.  So if you are applying PRes and have been referred to a CFRC, then there is the strong possibility that they have a position for you.

Regular Force is "totally" different.

DAA said:
Generally speaking, if your occupation choices are NOT available, then they probably wouldn't have you write the CFAT.  However, if they aren't and you do, then they should be counselling (ie; reorienting) you towards occupations which are currently available and if you are interested.

Occupations in the Primary Reserve (PRes) are "limited" and based solely on the respective Reserve Unit which referred you to the CFRC for testing.  So if you are applying PRes and have been referred to a CFRC, then there is the strong possibility that they have a position for you.

Regular Force is "totally" different.

Thank you for the quick reply, and I don't mean to take over the thread.

I applied as a NCM for;
1)ACO
2)AESO
3)Firefighter

I understand firefight is a difficult position to get into, as well as AESO and I'm hoping to get one of the top two. I guess patience and a couple tests later and some more patience and we'll see ;)

I actually passed the CFAT and my physical yesterday and went through my interview, it was the biggest stress relief of my life. The officer who interviewed me was a great guy as well. The only thing left is my medical next monday and I'm slightly nervous for it because I'm about 10 pounds underweight, I'm nervous if they're going to hold me back because of that or anything, if anybody knows the rules for primary reserve and that type of stuff.

Oh and it's alright Cbbmtt. Those are some great choices and I'm sure you'll do just fine, I wish the best of luck to you.

Cbbmtt said:
Thank you for the quick reply, and I don't mean to take over the thread.

I applied as a NCM for;
1)ACO
2)AESO
3)Firefighter

I understand firefight is a difficult position to get into, as well as AESO and I'm hoping to get one of the top two. I guess patience and a couple tests later and some more patience and we'll see ;)

Are they even offering Firefighter to the public? Last I heard it was a remuster-only trade. Even then, the few individuals I did known that went FF both internally and externally (many moons ago) had extensive experience as volunteer firefighters.

Good luck, nonetheless.

Back