• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Army Reservist on Shooting Spree - in uniform

Michael Dorosh

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Just saw this on CTV news.  I presume he really was a reservist - but who knows.  He was wearing what looked like CADPAT.

The embarrassing part - he fired lots of shots but never hit anything.  Not embarrassing for him, but for the rest of us - what will people think, eh?

But seriously, luckily no one was hurt.  I hope it turns out this wasn't really a reservist but one of the Airsoft commandos - does anyone know anything else about this at this point?  Just a few seconds on the news tonight.

Nothing on CBC site either. Is there a location?  Cheers.

Mon, October 25, 2004

Reservist nabbed after rampage

By CP

QUEBEC -- A Canadian Forces reservist was arrested yesterday after police were led on a 200-km car chase by an armed man wearing a mask and combat dress. Police said a man twice rammed his car into a military vehicle at CFB Bagotville, 200 km north of Quebec City, late Saturday night.

Police said they gave chase but lost the man before shots were fired at a residence. Shots were then fired at the provincial police detachment in Alma before a lengthy pursuit ensued, ending in Quebec City, police said.

Police said the man was finally slowed down when his vehicle smashed into a cruiser belonging to Quebec City police. He then took off on foot, leaving behind a weapon.

He was finally tracked down outside a Quebec City hospital and surrendered peacefully.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/EdmontonSun/News/2004/10/25/pf-684107.html

Not much there, but it's a start... Crazy.

PUBLICATION  : Montreal Gazette 
DATE  : 2004.10.25 
EDITION  : Final 

SECTION: News PAGE: A8

SOURCE: The Gazette; PC contributed to this report DATELINE: QUEBEC

HEADLINE: Army reservist leads police on wild chase: Shots fired at father's home, police station before suspect is arrested in Ste. Foy

A Canadian military reservist based in Saguenay led police on a wild chase from Alma to Quebec City early yesterday with speeds reaching up to 150 kilometres an hour.

The Surete du Quebec finally caught up with the suspect in Ste. Foy, a suburb of Quebec City, after a 200-kilometre chase.

Police say a motorist twice rammed the back of a military police vehicle at Canadian Forces Base Bagotville on Saturday night. The military police were unable to stop the driver, who then turned up at his father's home, where he fired a couple of shots. He was dressed in combat gear and was wearing a gas mask, police said.

After slipping past the Saguenay municipal police, he fired a couple of shots at the Surete police station in Alma.

On Highway 175, the fugitive managed to avoid a spike carpet at a roadblock, and fled at high speed for Quebec City.

The 20-year-old man was trying to get inside his sister's home near the Laval Hospital when he was caught, said SQ Constable Ann Mathieu.

He had crashed his car into a police roadblock before fleeing on foot. A hunting rifle was found in the car he was driving, police said.

An SQ spokesperson said the man is suspected in a rash of crimes, including arson and gas theft as well as firing shots.

No one was injured.

A Canadian Forces spokesperson said the man had not been on assignment.

"We are going to review the employability of this reservist," she said.

That's a bit better. I really like the last line  ;D

Now a reg force guy migth have at least hit something on a  rampage  ;)

KevinB said:
Now a reg force guy migth have at least hit something on a  rampage  ;)

I have no doubts that a Patricia would not have missed.

This bonehead should be charged and jailed for the simple act of doing this crap while in uniform - then pile the other charges on top of it.  Just what we needed.  For all the "rednecks" we have in Alberta, why is it that uniformed weirdos are always being reported in Quebec?  Remember the guy who took over the Legislature in BDUs?

Michael Dorosh said:
I have no doubts that a Patricia would not have missed.

This bonehead should be charged and jailed for the simple act of doing this crap while in uniform - then pile the other charges on top of it.   Just what we needed.   For all the "rednecks" we have in Alberta, why is it that uniformed weirdos are always being reported in Quebec?   Remember the guy who took over the Legislature in BDUs?

Ooh Ooh story time!  I havn't herd the one about the guy who took the legislature!! Please tell!  :D :p

Dennis Lortie (pronounce Denny  ::) ) a Cpl who worked at the Carp Bunket took a 9mm C1 SMG (Sterling) and a 9mm Inglis (Browning Hi-Power) or two to the Quebec legislature for some tgt practise however he screwed up showed up at lunch and missed his "audience"  The Sgt@Arms talked him down and he surrendered peacefully.

Alberta Redneck Soliders drive their buddies SUV thru the Garrision Admin Buildings  ;D
Christian McEachern anyone...

KevinB said:
Christian McEachern anyone...

He got his start in my reserve unit.  Then again so did John DeChastelain....how's that for famous?  You can keep Lady Patricia.  ;)

Welcome to Club Ed. your home for the next 20 years.

With the firearms charges will he be turned over to the feds first or after?

That is if he doesn't get off on a psych defence.

My guess is as a reservist he won't get digger time unless he did it while signed in...

I was in McEacherns platoon for a bit in Cgy - he mixed booze, pot, anti-depressants and malaria meds and coudl not figure out why he was screwed up  ::)  DIPSHIT

He should have used blanks, like all us Reservists do, hit anyone from any range.  ;D

KevinB said:
My guess is as a reservist he won't get digger time unless he did it while signed in...

I was in McEacherns platoon for a bit in Cgy - he mixed booze, pot, anti-depressants and malaria meds and coudl not figure out why he was screwed up   ::)   DIPSHIT

Was he reported? I mean did anyone mention that he was doing this? If not, why not? If so, why was he still in the Reserves?

KevinB said:

I was in McEacherns platoon for a bit in Cgy - he mixed booze, pot, anti-depressants and malaria meds and coudl not figure out why he was screwed up  ::)  DIPSHIT

I never knew him personally and probably wouldn't discuss him in public if I had - I was in the pipe band at that time and didn't know too many of the infantry.  My only memory of him was sitting on a pool table in the JRC one day looking sad and depressed - I think he was dating one of the cute medics at the time as well.  All I could think of - she was quite phenom - what could you possibly have to be depressed about?  ;D

His name naturally came up at the time of the Drive In incident but I didn't ask too many questions of those that knew him.  It didn't seem like a big surprise to them, though.

I think the biggest reaction was to his mother, and her habit of going on TV and doing his talking for him.

Bograt: McE was a Pat when I knew him - the Army has lots of drug problmes McE was pot and as a result pretty minor...   My guess is they thought it was easier to sweep under the rug.   My guess is you could still piss test 1CMBG and fail 50%...

Warning Adult Content

CFL - sorry I should have taken some...
I remember Christian tear assing down the hall complainign he had broken his ....   :eek:   - Comign back from the Rwanda Dart Mission - sorry Ugandan Hotel Excursion - his "member" was not up to doing battle with her and had a nasty injury...

Back