• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Army Reservist on Shooting Spree - in uniform

Yes, but Mark, if you ever saw a Liberal MP walking on water, you'd criticize him for not knowing how to swim...

dont laugh about the Reserves losing their weapons, when they brought in the new gun laws a few years back the law had stated that only full time military and law enforcement agencies could or would posses weapons with out a proper firearms certificate. That was one reason for the RCMP Aux memebers losing their guns, this alomst had the reserves lose theirs also till some one else
woke up and said I think we have a prblem and need to fix the law. As for this clown going on a shooting spree, well charge him in military court then after he polishes a few galvinized garbage cans then. charge him in civie court. Male the bugger pay, 

CTD said:
dont laugh about the Reserves losing their weapons, when they brought in the new gun laws a few years back the law had stated that only full time military and law enforcement agencies could or would posses weapons with out a proper firearms certificate.

The Firearms Act and Part III Criminal Code, did not say any such thing.

s.3(2) Fireramr Act "Notwithstanding subsection (1), this Act does not apply in respect of the Canadian Forces" ie the Act does not apply to the CF as a whole, meaning no licences, authorizations or registration required.

as for the RCMP Auxillairies loosing thier firearms BC was the only jurisdiction in Canada to arm thier auxillaries, and IIRC there were issued involving the BC Justice Dept., and the RCMP as well.  Quite often the Firearms Act/Part III Criminal Code is used as a whipping boy to explain complex firearms issues that often have nothing to do with the Act itself

Britney Spears said:
Bossi:

Do you have any idea off hand when the death penalty was removed from the QR&Os?  I seem to recall it was quite recent (late 80s or early 90s)

Britney Spears: It was 1998 when the dealth penalty was lifted from the books. Don't ask me why I know, I just do. lol

Aaron White said:
NDA offences are all summary conviction are they not?
They are not.  Some violations of the NDA are very serious.  Additionally, any violation of the Canadian Criminal Code is a violation of the NDA and a chargable offense (even if committed outside of Canada).

How the hell is he supposed to show you?  Shit buddy -

CBH99 said:
How the heck is he supposed to show you?   crap buddy -

By showing the sections of the NDA he was refering to. But I found them myself. He was right- which is why I already removed that post.

As for military members causing bad press yes it has happened in the past and will happen in the future. Anyone who has spent any amount of time in the forces also knows this is just the tip of the iceberg. Some incidents have been kept from the public or the fact the person was military was not disclosed. I personally know of a few and heard of others. I am sure there is very many more I am not aware of. I remember quick quiet releases & quick postings to other bases. In some but not all of these incidences the military leaders at the time knew of problems but done nothing until crap hit fan than they went into damage mode.

Best Wishes

Back