• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can I apply for MP before I graduate from my Law Enforcement course?

M

MPwannabee

I have roughly a year left of the Law Enforcement program I'm taking. I'm wondering if it would make sense to put in an application to the CF now, since I know the whole process is a lengthy one.

Oh, and if anyone knows how I can get in touch with the MP detachment in Gagetown that would be great info!

Thanks!

You can apply a couple of months before you complete the program but you must have completed it prior to your file being submitted for pre-MPAC selection.  Contact the CFRC/D and find out when the next pre-MPAC selection will be and how close will it be to your completion date and this will give you a better idea as to when you should start the process.

not sure what the area code is, but you can look that up yourself.  The phone number is 422-2000 extension 2242

You wont be able to submit an application until you complete your law enforcement education.  I made the mistake of applying for MP before I completed my criminology education and getting three different people to fill out that giant MP reference check package. 

The next day I got a phone call from CFRC telling me they will put my application on hold until I finish my education.  By the time I reapplied I had to get my references to re-do the giant MP reference package because it was considered out of date.

Thanks for the info everyone!  I appreciate the help.  I was hoping I could speed up the recruiting process but I guess I'll just have to wait.

Thanks!

AndrewD83 said:
You wont be able to submit an application until you complete your law enforcement education.   I made the mistake of applying for MP before I completed my criminology education and getting three different people to fill out that giant MP reference check package.  

The next day I got a phone call from CFRC telling me they will put my application on hold until I finish my education.    By the time I reapplied I had to get my references to re-do the giant MP reference package because it was considered out of date.

How many references in total did you have to get? I heard that MPs require more . . .

Bobert said:
How many references in total did you have to get? I heard that MPs require more . . .

You need to supply three standardized letters of reference and make sure you get them from police related references if you can because they will carry more weight.

Back