• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Breaking in new boots

Delta

Since you're flat footed, I would highly suggest custom insoles/orthodics.  I'll tell you right now, that they may even be a necessity.  Get the problem sorted out as soon as possible before it gets worse.  I don't know what your PT regime is, but as your runs get longer and the problem goes uncorrected, it could pose a serious performace hindrance.

Kal said:
Delta

Since you're flat footed, I would highly suggest custom insoles/orthodics.  I'll tell you right now, that they may even be a necessity.  Get the problem sorted out as soon as possible before it gets worse.  I don't know what your PT regime is, but as your runs get longer and the problem goes uncorrected, it could pose a serious performace hindrance.
Basically what the Sgt said, I am planning to see a family doctor and see what he recommends me to do

CF covers it if you need them for medical reasons and you are on a 180+ day Class B contract.
well, I am NOT on the Class B contract, I am the kind which only parades once a week

Delta,

To sum up what everyone is telling you, either go see the medics and get some custom insoles (since you're not on class B it's probably gonna come out of your own pocket) or get a good pair of non-medical ones (I reccomend Dr. Scholls memory foam). The big thing is, you have to weigh the cost of custom-made insoles vs. the potential consequences...are you willing to really mess yourself up to save a few bucks? Think it over, and you'll make the right choice.

Forget Dr. Scholls, go with Super-Feet, pretty much as good as you're going to get without custom insoles in this case. I've got low arches, used to have all sorts of problems, mostly on parades (Long periods of standing, walking/running/rucking was fine) when I was using Dr. Scholls, got the super feet, got no problems.

I bought a pair of Dr.Sholl's Massaging Gel Sport Replacement Insoles several months ago for about $20. I used them to replace the insoles in my runners. Biggest waste of money ever. Maybe it's me but I just can't seem to cut the insoles out perfectly and always end up with a small gap at the front of the insole. If you buy a decent enough pair of running shoes you shouldn't need any insoles. I'm probably gonna go all out on a pair of runners before bmq.

I plan on bringing my favourite set on insoles for my shoes and boots. Just not sure how many sets I should bring. I don't want to have to switch a single set between multiple pairs of shoes. Anyone have any idea how many I should bring. 2? 3? More? Thanks in advance!

If you don't want to switch, you'll need 2 pair for your combat boots, and 1 pair for your PT shoes.

Crossfire said:
In this case Scarf Face, your wrong.
Yes, I was told six years.  I had my doubts too.  I was thinking three years.  but you should see these things.  These are not the blue insoles given to you at the MIR!  Moulded plastic, cut to size, with some other kind of material strategically placed to perfectly conform to my feet, with the proper support where it is needed and none where it isn't.  Doesn't sound comfortable, and like I said before, it took some time to get used to them, but they are now, and my feet, not to mention my back and knees as well, are feeling much better.

I do have to switch them out every now and then, you know, take the ones out of my runners and change them with my cbt boot ones to help them last longer. 

And besides, DND doesn't like to buy too many of these.  I'm told they cost a couple hundred bucks.  I don't know if that is for one pair or two.  So they had better last!

I can testify to this. I used to get custom insoles made... they casted my feet and everything. I remember they used to last 4 years for me from what I recall. I should probably get another set made... i have been slacking on that.

I  also remember they were a few hundred too

Abdullah

Back