• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Borden Jan. 16

Axon

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello.. I am new to CF, I passed all my tests, and with some luck I got my first choice of employment, Comm Rsch. I am very happy because on the interview I was warned that I will probably not pass, but because of my second language I got in. ( I speak Russian ).

My Basic training will be start at Borden on January 16. I am just wondering on what will happen to me after basic.

ps.. also my swearing in will be december 20th in ottawa.. Anyone else that will be there with me?

Cool! I sign in in toronto on the fourteenth and go to borden for BMQ on the 8th.  Hope to see you there.    Im doing infantry.

~Spade.

Axon, I'll see you at your swearing in ceremony..... we seem to be operating on the same timeline. I'll be heading off to Basic with you as well.

You might want to expect to spend alot of time in Borden if your QL3's(Trade course) is also in Borden, which it might be.  Two things happen after your basic.  You are course load on your Ql3's right alway or you goto PAT Platoon for a little to a long while.

Axon, Dog I'll see you guys in borden as well.  I start BMQ on Jan 16 as well but don't get sworn in untill Jan 11.

Rum

Daidalous said:
You might want to expect to spend alot of time in Borden if your QL3's(Trade course) is also in Borden, which it might be.  Two things happen after your basic.  You are course load on your Ql3's right alway or you goto PAT Platoon for a little to a long while.

I'm willing to bet things are going to work out fine for those of us going 031, and into the RCR... since RCR 3 Bn is going to be shifting men away to the new CSOR regiment, and they are going to want to stop-gap manpower shortfalls in Pet....

But who knows really, I don't want to be stuck in a PAT platoon, but I'm assuming it will happen at some point before I'm fully trained.

Daidalous said:
Pat Platton or Trained Pte.  Your still the odd job,  person.

I'm now shaking my head with a confused look on my face, asking "What the...?"

That's good practice for when you are a trained Pte or PAT person.

Combat arms, straight to battle school. Navy sea trades straight to the coast. The rest with a few exceptions, to PAT platoon/PRETC in Borden.

Good... I don't want to be hanging around doing nothing for weeks on end.

When you say "Straight to battleschool..." is there a break of a couple weeks or anything, or do I move from SQ to battleschool pretty-much right away?

BTW, anyone else on this forum heading to the Jan. 16th course?

Back