• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Nov 2010

Danneskjold said:
I am! So I will see you there. You should be able to recognize me by the decidedly weepy mother sitting by my side...

Are you flying out afterwards, or were you planning to make a road trip of it?

Same here haha :) I will be flying out. How about you?

EpicBeardedMan said:
I'm getting sworn in a bit before you at CRFC Mississauga on the 17th and leaving the 22nd. :p What trade?

That's nice! I'll be going in as LCIS Tech.

Danneskjold said:
Flying out. What do you think the odds are that they'll assign us to business class?

wh-double-facepalm.jpg

NFLD Sapper said:

I lol'd. But in the future, perhaps I'll supplement silly, sarcastic, and satirical statements with a smiley. Help highlight the obvious. Avoid making myself look like an idiot. Etc.

Stacked said:
The interviewer told me today that I can expect BMQ in November if my medical passes, which I am 99% positive it will, so I should be seeing some of you there.

Sounds like you're pretty close to the finish line, Stacked. NCI OP, right?

Good luck, and let us know when you get the call!

Danneskjold said:
I lol'd. But in the future, perhaps I'll supplement silly, sarcastic, and satirical statements with a smiley. Help highlight the obvious. Avoid making myself look like an idiot. Etc.

I know you only have 4 posts here but if take a good look around, you will find that applicants make stupid statements like that on a regular basis and actualy mean what they say. It is hard to tell without a smiley so i just choose to assume people are stupid.

Happy to see thats not the case with this one.

How's everyone doing with the nerves and anxiousness?  I keep wanting to speed things up.  Maybe I'll regret that a bit once things get tough, but I enjoy the giddy vibes I have, even if they do get a bit annoying at times haha.

What's everyone doing to kill time?

I'm currently working security around PEI doing concerts and events.  Got to do Summerfest (Cirque Du Soleil, Bachman and Turner, Matt Mays, and Great Big Sea), and  I did "Regis and Kelly Live!" today.  Been doing some physical fitness stuff.  Gonna hit that harder soon enough.

owa said:
How's everyone doing with the nerves and anxiousness?  I keep wanting to speed things up.  Maybe I'll regret that a bit once things get tough, but I enjoy the giddy vibes I have, even if they do get a bit annoying at times haha.

I'm currently working security around PEI doing concerts and events.  Got to do Summerfest (Cirque Du Soleil, Bachman and Turner, Matt Mays, and Great Big Sea), and  I did "Regis and Kelly Live!" today.  Been doing some physical fitness stuff.  Gonna hit that harder soon enough.

I am super pumped about BMQ and wish I could start earlier!

To kill the time, I am currently working full-time at a collection agency collecting monies, and working out every other day!

rezz said:
I will be starting BMQ on November 29, 2010

Naval Communicator

:)
wollyworld said:
BMQ November 29th  - NES OP for me!

Sweet! Congrats, gentlemen. Just a little under five months to go...

owa said:

Currently working in a basement office, doing computer stuff for the most part. Occasionally get to go in the field - on construction sites and the like - to reacquaint myself with the sun. It's a pretty sweet job, but I find myself a little more distracted at work recently... I'm at my desk right now! Looking forward to the challenge and the novelty of a career with the CF.

So like you, I'm definitely anxious to get started! But that said, I'm glad we get an extra five months to prepare. I could use the extra time to work on my PT. And focussing on all the stuff that I want to improve on before BMQ helps extinguish the anxiety. Well... temporarily.

Sounds like you're doing some fun stuff, by the way. Free concerts?

owa said:

Another islander? That's great. What trade did you enlist for? I'm not doing BMQ in November with you, but still curious about another person from PEI.

owa said:

I'm fixing computers.  Pretty decent money so I'm not complaining, but I'm also anxious to get going. 

Do you know when our swear in date is Owa?  I haven't heard anything yet.

owa said:
H

Arresting crackheads at LCBO's across the GTA. Good times. Oh, and going to Crossfit, already noticed a big difference, dropping weight like it's going out of style.

Jcam said:
Another islander? That's great. What trade did you enlist for? I'm not doing BMQ in November with you, but still curious about another person from PEI.

Yeah, you actually know me, haha.  If this is the Jcam who had a going away party last summer, knows Brett Beaton, and was at Hunter's for (I think it) Brenton's birthday.  This is Alan Trainor.  I'm going in as Signal Ops.  Pretty stoked.  Brett's off in Aldershot doing Basic at the moment if you didn't know.

Danneskjold said:
Sweet! Congrats, gentlemen. Just a little under five months to go...

Currently working in a basement office, doing computer stuff for the most part. Occasionally get to go in the field - on construction sites and the like - to reacquaint myself with the sun. It's a pretty sweet job, but I find myself a little more distracted at work recently... I'm at my desk right now! Looking forward to the challenge and the novelty of a career with the CF.

So like you, I'm definitely anxious to get started! But that said, I'm glad we get an extra five months to prepare. I could use the extra time to work on my PT. And focussing on all the stuff that I want to improve on before BMQ helps extinguish the anxiety. Well... temporarily.

Sounds like you're doing some fun stuff, by the way. Free concerts?

Free concerts...  Pretty much.  I do a bit more then stand around and watch them (sometimes,  haha), but it's a good gig.  I just wish there was more work.  Can't complaint hough, gives me time to get in shape haha.  Still living at home so expenses aren't through the roof.

owa said:

I'm currently working at a Northern Saskatchewan RCMP Detachment in Wollaston Lake as a Guard. Trying to save up as much as I can before BMQ and considering BMQ is still 4+ months away i'll still have a bunch more night shifts to go!

Thought I would jump in, havn't posted in a very long while.  I've also been accepted, going to BMQ Nov 29 in St. Jean.  Insanely excited to go to something thats going to challenge the hell out of me.  Going in as an LCIS tech.  Right now I'm doing software development/business analyst stuff for a company in Eastern Ontario. 

Back