• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ ideals...

gcclarke said:
Too late  ;D

Well darn it all anyhow. My wife was eyeballing my set last night, looks like I'll be scrounging another set sooner than later.

natalie23 said:
A wide belt is required for basic training is there a certain belt perferred? Also, are you allowed to bring books or reading materials to basic?

Try searching for CFLRS Joining Instructions, read them first and see what questions you have after that.

My  :2c:

IIRC the list says wide belt swim suit, casual dress clothes, sports shorts, towels, etc.  Fact is most everything you need is issued to you, just one set of gym clothes for the week 0 express test and whatever you want to wear off base on your weekends off and the first few administration days in wk0.  Casual dress clothing is just the safe bet as it will most likely meet dress regs for mealtime, but any tasteful casual clothing will suffice.  Wide belt and bathing suit are pointless IMO.

Keep this simple folks.

READ the joining instructions.

FOLLOW the joining instructions.

Can't be much easier.

Eye In The Sky said:
Keep this simple folks.

READ the joining instructions.

FOLLOW the joining instructions.

Can't be much easier.
Or let us know how it works out for you, telling the Sgt "I thought it was pointless"  ;D

As per joining instructions:

Prohibited articles:

Fire arms or edged weapons (switch-blade knives, knives with blades longer than 6 inches)
Food stuff (fruits, chips, candy etc...) and drink
Alcoholic beverages
Illegal substances (including caffeine concentrate "wake up")
Materials with sexual connotation (magazines, photos, DVD, accessories, etc)

I'm wondering did the joining instructions become more complex over the past decade?I remember all I needed was a boot brush,laundry detergent,and a suit to wear until I got my uniform.Oh and they suggested we bring 100 dollars with us as well.

Why is there such mass panic over basic?

I was excited to be getting a full time paycheck,didnt much care for the details.Figured I manage to figure it out along the way. ;D

X-Mo,

I suspect that the folks who are going to Basic/BMQ don't grasp the fact that while this is the first time they have done any military training, it isn't the first time training establishments like CFLRS and the like have conducted this training.  If they could just stop overthinking it, they'd be fine.

Eye In The Sky said:
X-Mo,

I suspect that the folks who are going to Basic/BMQ don't grasp the fact that while this is the first time they have done any military training, it isn't the first time training establishments like CFLRS and the like have conducted this training.  If they could just stop overthinking it, they'd be fine.

Solve a lot of heart ache I think.

Heres another though for yah.
Even without online message boards/support groups dedicated to Nintendo (or internet),how did we ALL know to blow in the game when it locked up?

LoL natural born instinct i guess. Same way animals know how to feed their young.

Back