• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ / BMOQ - Medical, Dental, Mental health questions [Merged]

• Thread starter MAJOR_Baker
  • Start date
2332Piper said:
Good post buddy. Really smart.   ::)

No, they do not take a blood test at BMQ. You pee in a bottle during your medical test, and are subject to random drug tests (peeing in a bottle again) throughout your CF career. You will be subject to various injections as well throughout your career, usually if you are heading overseas.

I think that about answers the question, although doing a search would have dragged up many topics like this for you to reference. Mod lock please?

Actually I did a search and didn't come up with what I wanted to know specifically...

tannerthehammer said:
Actually I did a search and didn't come up with what I wanted to know specifically...

They dont take blood. But you recieve multiple needles for various things. I had several guys crying and having there hands held during the process. It was the saddest thing I ever observed. None of those men will ever have my respect. They could save my life and they would still be the guys who cried over getting a shot in the arm. I suggest you get over it.

BeadWindow said:
They dont take blood. But you recieve multiple needles for various things. I had several guys crying and having there hands held during the process. It was the saddest thing I ever observed. None of those men will ever have my respect. They could save my life and they would still be the guys who cried over getting a shot in the arm. I suggest you get over it.

Well I have no problem  taking a shot in the arm or anything like that I just have a phobia of getting needles in my inner elbow when they draw blood...Really sick blood and guts type stuff doesn't bother me in the least I just have a phobia of blood being drawn from that spot

tannerthehammer said:
Well I have no problem   taking a shot in the arm or anything like that I just have a phobia of getting needles in my inner elbow when they draw blood...Really sick blood and guts type stuff doesn't bother me in the least I just have a phobia of blood being drawn from that spot
Thats weird. LOL. But then you'll be fine.

once when I was donating blood I felt the tube coming out of my arm and how warm it was with my blood in it and it cased me to almost pass out. normally I'm fine I just don't like the feel of warm blood pumping out of me.

Don't worry to much about needles, there is a chance you wont have to get any of them during reserve BMQ.  Just hope you are one of the lucky ones to get them.  Since I never did, and am hoping they weren't to important.

You cant stand a tiny needle that goes half an inch in your arm, but yet you join the army where a bullet like that could split you in half?

30mm%20mauser.jpg

Don't know if I'm special or what  ;D but every medical I've had involved taking at least two test tubes of blood.  I'm pretty sure I did during basic, 30 and 35 medical, and all post deployment as well before 1 predeployment medical...
Just like this...

Da_man said:
You cant stand a tiny needle that goes half an inch in your arm, but yet you join the army where a bullet like that could split you in half?

30mm%20mauser.jpg

What does that have to do with anything ?

I've got news for new guy...there are some guys who are affraid of heights that jump out of airplanes.....guys who hate water that are divers......people that are airsick but have been flying for 20 years.......

Who are you trying to impress with that comment ?

aesop081 said:
What does that have to do with anything ?

I've got news for new guy...there are some guys who are affraid of heights that jump out of airplanes.....guys who hate water that are divers......people that are airsick but have been flying for 20 years.......

Who are you trying to impress with that comment ?

my point: suck it up.  Whats yours?

AmmoTech90 said:
Don't know if I'm special or what  ;D but every medical I've had involved taking at least two test tubes of blood.  I'm pretty sure I did during basic, 30 and 35 medical, and all post deployment as well before 1 predeployment medical...
Just like this...

Bloodwork for specific lab values will be done during medical exams.  AmmoTech90 is correct.

Da_man said:
my point: suck it up.   Whats yours?

Your point is made. His point, on the other hand, is to make the distinction that little peccadillos and silly fears don't get in the way of what you really want to do, or block you forever from something your guts tells is the way in this world that you want to go.
Me, for instance. I used to work at a meat packing plant before joining. I started out of high school right at the shambles floor. ( the buthchering chute). But if I go in for bloodwork, even after all these years,   I still get all fuzzy and pale if I see the stuff pumping out of me. Don't know why; seen my share of from others in 12 years... and worse. But I'm still on the job.
What exactly does suck it up mean, anyway?

old medic said:
Bloodwork for specific lab values will be done during medical exams.   AmmoTech90 is correct.

2 years and 3 medicals later. No blood drawn.

I recall at my recruit training - in Cornwallis, some 15 years ago, one morning our platoon went through a medical tent and received about 15 injections for just about everything. Also had to eat a cube of sugar with something in it and oh, of course the square needle in the left nut. No blood was taken - at least not from the medical guys.

BeadWindow said:
2 years and 3 medicals later. No blood drawn.

I refer you to CFP 154 Annex H,  and to CF-2033 Record of Medical Examination. Specifically the boxes on the form that say "Biochemistry"
and "Hematology".

I also refer you to CFP 154 Annex G, Hematological Diseases
http://www.forces.gc.ca/health/policies/med_standards/pdf/Engraph/cfp154_annexGappen1pg5_e.pdf

Bloodwork is done.

Although this topic went a little awry, usually the only way a reservist will have blood drawn is in a civvie hospital if there is something wrong with them (or mil if they are on class B/C), and the only time a reservist gets immunization shots is if they are going overseas.

Da_man said:

30mm%20mauser.jpg

I hate needles!!!   They scare the begeezus outta me!

dileas

tess

old medic said:
I refer you to CFP 154 Annex H,   and to CF-2033 Record of Medical Examination. Specifically the boxes on the form that say "Biochemistry"
and "Hematology".

I also refer you to CFP 154 Annex G, Hematological Diseases
http://www.forces.gc.ca/health/policies/med_standards/pdf/Engraph/cfp154_annexGappen1pg5_e.pdf

Bloodwork is done.

It doesnt say anything in there about pre employment bloodwork. I HAVE NEVER HAD BLOOD DRAWN by the military.

Yes it does. Nobody should be signing the medical off as meeting standard without doing the checks.

It also says it right here:

http://www.recruiting.dnd.ca/engraph/howtojoin/med_examination_e.aspx

"The examination includes measuring your heart rate, your blood pressure, your cholesterol, etc"

I did Reg and PRes recruit medicals for two years, we sent everyone.

Back