• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Blood test - High cholesterol level

Dave999

Inactive
Reaction score
I have applied to join the Air Force, specifically first choice Pilot, second choice Communication and Electronics Engineer. I hope its okay to post here - I expect at this point the process is the same for all.

My paper work was just about to be sent off to a review board when it was discovered that I have high cholesterol! As a bachelor, my eating habits are admittedly not the best, and so I think I can fix this problem given a few months of proper diet (I do exercise - a lot!). I'm wondering if anyone out there knows what the rules are pertaining to this sort of thing? My recruitment officer said he was unable to comment on this (just in case he is wrong) and that I would have to wait to speak with the doctor this Friday. Does anyone out there know if the arm forces will give second or third chances to get blood work like this under control?

Thanks,

Dave

In case anyone is interested, I spoke with my doctor at the recruitment office and she told me that all I have to do is get my cholesterol down to an acceptable level through proper diet. That should only take 3 or 4 months, unfortunately for me I will miss â Å“Air Crew Selectionâ ? this March and will have to wait until the Fall. It will be very hard to wait however this is all much better than being told to buzz off and don't come back. Now I want this more than ever :).

Dave

That is the way to do it.  Keep going until you get what you want.  Good for you.  :)

Back