• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

blisters...tips to prevent? tips to treat them ?

spraying? i dont know about spraying, they had long q-tip looking thing that they dipped in the liquid nitrogen and held on the wart for 10 seconds, making sure it went white. I have had a few zapped with Liquid Nitrogen in the past and never had them ever turn black, they always just turned into normal skin over time, shrinking bit by bit each day (although those were always planter warts, dont know if other warts react differently).

Here is the one that has blood blistered. I had asked about the possibility of frostbite earlier because the bottom of one side of the bloodblister is black, althought this I have since been told is normal as the blood inside is drying up.

DSC00587.jpg

DSC00588.jpg

And this is the other one, as you can see, it is white. I assume this is because the nitrogen killed the cells in that area and they will eventually go the way of all dead skin cells. Not black, and doesnt appear to have blistered.

DSC00590.jpg

Roy Harding said:
Pierce it.  Drain the blood.  Peel the dead skin away.  Apply salt.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
don't do that....cover it, leave it heal on its own. Its a burn blister, open it and it'll get infected.

St. Micheals Medical Team said:
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
don't do that....cover it, leave it heal on its own. Its a burn blister, open it and it'll get infected.

Do it! DO IT!! DO IT!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes I have had encounters with burn blisters before, although at the time it was with hot oil, and the skin actually blistered and peeled itself away at the same time... was not a pretty sight. Not covering this one though, mostly due to the fact that any pressure put on it causes pain, kind of like when you press on open flesh.

and to Roy, your a sadist arn't you :p

JBoyd said:
yes I have had encounters with burn blisters before, although at the time it was with hot oil, and the skin actually blistered and peeled itself away at the same time... was not a pretty sight. Not covering this one though, mostly due to the fact that any pressure put on it causes pain, kind of like when you press on open flesh.

and to Roy, your a sadist arn't you :p

Or a masochist - depends upon whether you believe I've done the same thing to myself or not (I have - works great - LOTS of pain - then it's all over, blister gone, remaining skin toughened up - what's not to like?)

JBoyd said:
Not covering this one though, mostly due to the fact that any pressure put on it causes pain, kind of like when you press on open flesh.

Then sterilise a needle in boiling water, or rubbing alcohol, and pierce a small hole along the base and let it drain. Leave the skin intact on it otherwise and cover it.

Don't listen to these medical guys - they might know what they're talking about - do it my way!

Then sterilise a needle in boiling water, or rubbing alcohol, and pierce a small hole along the base and let it drain. Leave the skin intact on it otherwise and cover it.

Thanks for the advice SMMT, I will do that. Before I do though, should I cover the area with polysporin or something similar before a cover it with say a large fabric bandaid?

And Roy, although I like the way you think... I think similarily, I am going to have to listen to him :p

Personally i do it your way with blisters on my feet from new boots, Pop em and cover em with a bandaid, sure it hurts.. for a day but then it calluses and your good to go :D... however I don't mess with burn blisters....

JBoyd said:
Thanks for the advice SMMT, I will do that. Before I do though, should I cover the area with polysporin or something similar before a cover it with say a large fabric bandaid?

And Roy, although I like the way you think... I think similarily, I am going to have to listen to him :p

Personally i do it your way with blisters on my feet from new boots, Pop em and cover em with a bandaid, sure it hurts.. for a day but then it calluses and your good to go :D... however I don't mess with burn blisters....

You forgot the salt - hurts MORE, but for less time than a day.

JBoyd said:

Sure, it will not hurt it.

SMMT, do you have a license to practise internet medicine?  ;)

The precedent has been set, all those with a medical questions (what do I do about this? can I join if I have this? doc, I fell out of the whorehouse window and this is sticking out of my...? etc) will now be posting photos of their problems.  Should make for interesting discussions.

Blackadder1916 said:
SMMT, do you have a license to practise internet medicine?  ;)

The precedent has been set, all those with a medical questions (what do I do about this? can I join if I have this? doc, I fell out of the whorehouse window and this is sticking out of my...? etc) will now be posting photos of their problems.  Should make for interesting discussions.

Rip it apart and put salt on it - that's the best advice you're going to get on the internet!

Seriously, however - good point.

They had a canister with a long nossile that they used to spray out the LN. It turned white after a few seconds and then eventually went back to skin colour. 6-7 hours later it turned black, just the wart not the skin.

Like I said, I've just been peeling little bits off at a time now that its smaller, but I never had any blisters.

Anyway, when you pour the salt to it -- can I be there to watch??!!  >:D

Roy -- +99!!  ;D

ArmyVern said:
Anyway, when you pour the salt to it -- can I be there to watch??!!  >:D

Roy -- +99!!  ;D

Only if you bring your whips and miniskirt (and a salt shaker).

Roy Harding said:
Only if you bring your whips and miniskirt (and a salt shaker).

I've got them covered; you get the tequila for us to sip while we watch and it's a done deal.  :)

ArmyVern said:
Obviously mine -- I turned in my damn snowshoes; you'll have to walk your way out!!  ;)

"I'd walk a mile for a Camel" - just imagine how far I'd walk for you!  (It's a long way from the West Coast to Gagetown - maybe if I start now I might make it before you retire.)

Two pairs  of wool socks  old combat boots and  aresol spray deodorant not foot powder = 13k ruck march  not one blister!

Back