• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BECOMING A COMBAT ENGINEER

Rumour Control is that 6 Fd. .Sqn may be,may be!! made into a Regiment. $$$$$$?
Yes the Sqn in the Wack is a go.

The C.O. has already been dsignated also the MWO.

All aspiring Sappers... Aesop081 said it very well - it is the best the Army has to offer. He and I soldiered together for 11yrs, almost all of it in 2CER Petawawa. We've both seen our fair share of Reserves come through the doors. It is a very rewarding trade, where you will use both technical and tactical skills.
  When I was in 3Fd Sqn (reserves in Ottawa) I used to love going back into school or work on Monday, listening to what everybody else did over the weekend.... went camping, drank some beer etc.... when my turn came and they'd ask me what I did.... Well let's see - blew up an old tank and cratered a road with 100kg of explosives!

Join the trade, get your training done soonest, put up with the crap on course and get to your unit - you'll love the job.

Chimo!

And here I was thinking that my excitement couldn't grow any bigger!!!              :salute:
you must be a closet recruiter or something, eh?              ;D
thanks for confirming 6FES status I'm strongly looking forward to begginning my training          :cdn:

Chimo..? (did I say that right?)

thanks again

sapper332 said:
All aspiring Sappers... Aesop081 said it very well - it is the best the Army has to offer. He and I soldiered together for 11yrs, almost all of it in 2CER Petawawa. We've both seen our fair share of Reserves come through the doors. It is a very rewarding trade, where you will use both technical and tactical skills.
   When I was in 3Fd Sqn (reserves in Ottawa) I used to love going back into school or work on Monday, listening to what everybody else did over the weekend.... went camping, drank some beer etc.... when my turn came and they'd ask me what I did.... Well let's see - blew up an old tank and cratered a road with 100kg of explosives!

Join the trade, get your training done soonest, put up with the crap on course and get to your unit - you'll love the job.

Chimo!

I could not have said it better my freind.  I might drop by pet to visit when i'm done here.

CHIMO !!!

It's not only the boom boom's we get to do ,it's also the Civil things we do.

Since 1976 whence I joined I think there are at least 7 Bridge Builds I have been on and all are still standing to day.(NSB,BAILY,ACRO)

Thats what I like but we are becoming Glorified Pioneers now from what I'm hearing.
We are losing our old traditional training of rigging etc.. Gin and Shear,Sky Lines.

The only ones keeping up the old trades is us Rentals,as when all else fails what do we have? F' all !!
But the BASIC'S!!
Good old Field Engineering of yester year..

Back