• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

August BMQ- 2009

The cab thing is probably a misunderstanding on C.Payne's part.  No worries.  Airports are super boring, but I won't mind the long waits ahead in my career.  As for Xarak, were you the tall Asian guy?  I forget.  I was the one in the pin striped suit at the front.  And I must say, I really enjoyed the ceremony.  I felt a real sense of honor and pride for joining up.

Chris Payne said:
You do not have to get the bus you can get a taxi trust me.

Joining instructions............random kid on the internet who hasnt even gone to BMQ .......

Your choice.

Yeah I was the tall asian guy. And I remember you since you were the only one with a suit lol. I agree the ceremony was great.

Chris Payne said:
You do not have to get the bus you can get a taxi trust me.

Why should we trust someone who hasn't even gone to BMQ yet?

If you go outside what is stipulated on your Travel Documents, you WILL NOT I say again WILL NOT be reimbursed for the cab ride.

To the original poster, read your travel documents and if you have further questions about the transportation I would highly suggest you contact the CFRC that is handling your file.

NFLD Sapper said:
Why should we trust someone who hasn't even gone to BMQ yet?

If you go outside what is stipulated on your Travel Documents, you WILL NOT I say again WILL NOT be reimbursed for the cab ride.

To the original poster, read your travel documents and if you have further questions about the transportation I would highly suggest you contact the CFRC that is handling your file.

I went To BMQ in july  2008 and I got a taxi wit 3 other people we paid 25$ each and we DID get our money back. so you CAN get a taxi. as long as you are at the base before the bus gets there you will be fine.

and NFLD Sapper what part of newfoundland are you from i lived in Corner Brook for 15 years. and is you BMQ on the 17th

Chris Payne said:
I went To BMQ in july  2008 and I got a taxi wit 3 other people we paid 25$ each and we DID get our money back. so you CAN get a taxi. as long as you are at the base before the bus gets there you will be fine.

So which is it? You did BMQ in 2008 or you are going to BMQ sometime in AUG 2009?

Chris Payne said:
starting on 17 wooo add me chris_p77@hotmail.com

Chris Payne said:
My BMQ starts on the 17 on i do no know when I swere(SP) in yet.

Chris Payne said:
and NFLD Sapper what part of newfoundland are you from i lived in Corner Brook for 15 years. and is you BMQ on the 17th

And read my profile to find out.

I first went in 2008 then i left after 22 weeks (Did not finish BMQ) now I am going back sorry for the misunderstanding.

Chris Payne said:
I first went in 2008 then i left after 22 weeks (Did not finish BMQ) now I am going back sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hmmm.... BMQ is only 14 weeks.........

Anyways, This Wednesday. Can't wait a second longer. Getting sworn in... I really hope five days is really plenty for getting prepped. I'm sure it will be. Who else is getting sworn in on Aug 5th 2009 @ CFRC Mississauga?

downrightGuppy said:
I really hope five days is really plenty for getting prepped. I'm sure it will be.

Prepped for course, or just prepped?  You've been here almost four years.

downrightGuppy said:
Well, I know I spent my summer running everyday! Took a while to.
I first started only being able to jog 2 laps before almost calapsing (if that's how it's spelt) and now i'm on 8 laps 3.6 Km / 2 miles. And to challenge myself, I start a light jog, by the end of the run I phase out of RUNS and SPRINTS for 5 laps. Always... ALWAYS... Try to excel in it as well. Try to beat your old running distance. Even if you're body tells you to stop... Slow down, keep running and or jogging at a steady pace. Don't stop until your training time is up and or over. The longer you run aswell you're giving your lungs a steady workout. And by atleast the end of the year, you should be able to run 8+ laps around a track field and or soccer field.

That's my experience anywho.

... EDIT: spelling correction

Wow PMedMoe, can't believe you found that one  ::) Well I mean in general, I weight less than I packed on some meat purposely so I could be in shape for it this time.  :blotto: Prepared as in getting ready to do those runs, push ups. Course work. You name it!!! GRRR ARMY FACE  :warstory:

Don't know about you guys but in my joining instructions it says that if you don't arrive between the times the bus gets there then you are to take a taxi into St.Jean where it also states and estimate of 95$ and you are told to keep a receipt so you can get it back, and you are to arrive at the base by no later than 2200hrs.

Sinah said:
Don't know about you guys but in my joining instructions it says that if you don't arrive between the times the bus gets there then you are to take a taxi into St.Jean where it also states and estimate of 95$ and you are told to keep a receipt so you can get it back, and you are to arrive at the base by no later than 2200hrs.

Which is stated on the Joining Instructions that NFLD Sapper posted:

Candidates who are arriving via commercial transport between 20h00 and 06h00 (Friday to Saturday and Saturday to Sunday) or after 19h00 on Sunday night will be required to take a taxi to CFLRS which will cost them approx $90 (Keep the receipt to claim it later). Your recruitment center should warn you ahead of time if you will not be arriving during business hours. If there is more than one person taking the taxi, it is the candidate's obligation to pool as many people as possible in the taxi.

Not to pick on anyone in particular, but people, start doing what is requested of you now or you'll be in for a "fun" time on BMQ.

Sinah said:

You missed the point about what we where arguing about discussing.

Key word in the Joining Instructions is if.  If you do not arrive outside of the timings in bold above, you are to take the shuttle.

hate to be the popper here, but whats different in the OQ versus the basic Q, Like I know it's two different routes but what courses are there in each one that make it different.

Back