• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Attempted assassination of Donald Trump 13 July 2024

I’m pretty open in my wish to have Trump lose again and be incarcerated, but an attempted assassination on any political candidate, regardless of my opinion of them, is beyond the pale.
That's the difference between rational thought and what our political system has become.

10 minute interview, but Hannity speaks to RFK Jr (with whom he vehemently disagrees with on every issue) about the vitriol finally manifested in violence:

And this is why I say things like “first 48 hour rule is in effect”, and to assume most of what we hear is bullshit.

Even if it were an undocumented illegal alien, odds are he had a wallet, or a phone, or a car nearby that he used to get there, or all of the above. He’s probably not some random rifle-hobo who lives in that building’s dumpster; he came from somewhere and had means to get there, and unless he deliberately sanitized and took transport that’s difficult to attribute, likely there’s ample easy evidence towards ID. I wouldn’t think that likely; he had to know this was a one way trip. Shit, just from photos of the body on the roof it looks like the internet has already managed to identify the specific shirt he was wearing (most likely a Demolitia shirt, potentially a Grunt Style ‘SFMF’ tee).

Law enforcement will likely have an easy time getting a preliminary ID, and probably not a super hard one confirming it.

Last I saw, he was carrying no ID and they are still trying to identify the shooter.

Last I saw, he was carrying no ID and they are still trying to identify the shooter.
Per the presser, FBI are still working to ‘verify’ his ID. Very likely they know who he is with pretty good confidence, but want to be absolutely certain before making it public. It also gives them some leeway to hold back on the name for now while they do some very fast and intense digging for, e.g., social media accounts, search warrants for vehicles/residence (depending what evidence they’ve got) etc. They’ll be working very intensely to try to identify if there are any coconspirators.

A very great deal will be going on. It makes sense to hold off on IDing him, and to let any minor remaining uncertainty do some heavy lifting for you there.

Per the presser, FBI are still working to ‘verify’ his ID. Very likely they know who he is with pretty good confidence, but want to be absolutely certain before making it public. It also gives them some leeway to hold back on the name for now while they do some very fast and intense digging for, e.g., social media accounts, search warrants for vehicles/residence (depending what evidence they’ve got) etc. They’ll be working very intensely to try to identify if there are any coconspirators.

A very great deal will be going on. It makes sense to hold off on IDing him, and to let any minor remaining uncertainty do some heavy lifting for you there.

Crooks by name, crook by nature....

3 different people have been named today, I'll hold my breath till an FBI press conference
It appears that this individual has been officially identified. I'm wondering if he actually used all three names, as it draws comparisons to a few historical people.

As much as some are screaming it is the Democrats, it could just as easily be a disgruntled Republican. Obviously we won’t know until more evidence comes out.

From my perspective the Republicans would actually have the most to gain from Trump being assassinated. The political rallying that comes from such a event is huge. It would have also allowed them to put forward a more tolerable candidate for most the country who would only have to compete with a increasingly faltering Biden. It would also solve for the anti-MEGA Republicans how to get rid of Trump.

Even with the assassination failing it still leaves the Republicans in a better position than beforehand.

Regardless of how this unfolds, Trump's IA drill to stand up, pump his fist, and yell fight - after nearly taking a headshot - is pretty epic.
Lucky the shooter was already dead or he might have a gotten another shot off that connected. Trump was also lucky that the shooter went for a head shot, instead of a body shot.

Latest on the shooter is that he was a 20 year old from Pennsylvania.

He was a registered Republican.

He donated 15$ to a Dem super PAC called progressive turnout.

MTF I am sure.

Latest on the shooter is that he was a 20 year old from Pennsylvania.

He was a registered Republican.

He donated 15$ to a Dem super PAC called progressive turnout.

MTF I am sure.
Being a registered Republican doesn't mean anything in this context. It isn't difficult to register and - if an individual was planning something like this they might well take that step to facilitate access to a rally or whatever.

Last edited:
There is going to be a lot of AARs on this one (similar to Kennedy and Reagan) if the shooter was where the videos are showing his probable location. That's way too close and too obvious of a spot.
For sure. That's ridiculously close and out in the open.

Being a registered Republican doesn't mean anything in this context. It isn't difficult to register and - if an individual was planning something like this they might well take that step to facilitate access to a rally or whatever.
Didn’t say it did.

I only posted the facts that have been released at this time.

Regardless of how this unfolds, Trump's IA drill to stand up, pump his fist, and yell fight - after nearly taking a headshot - is pretty epic.
Lucky the shooter was already dead or he might have a gotten another shot off that connected. Trump was also lucky that the shooter went for a head shot, instead of a body shot.

Wasn’t that immediate- USSS buried him under a pile of agents starting at about two second after the first shot, and he was down for about fifty seconds before they got him up to move him. In that time his detail is clearly heard saying “shooter’s down” and planning the extraction. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still great imagery for him, it just wasn’t like he immediately popped back up. The threat was known to be stopped by then.

He’s damned lucky though. The amount by which he was missed is well within the ballistic margin of error of even a pretty good semiautomatic rifle with pretty decent ammunition. There’s likely an element of pure chance to him surviving that shot. He also noticeably turned his head a bit to the right the split second before the first shot. Turn your head naturally to look to the right, touch your ear lobe with a finger, and turn your head back left a little bit- you’ll likely feel your finger push on your head. That slight move may have taken the back of his skull out of line of the shot.

This is as close as it can get.

Wasn’t that immediate- USSS buried him under a pile of agents starting at about two second after the first shot, and he was down for about fifty seconds before they got him up to move him. In that time his detail is clearly heard saying “shooter’s down” and planning the extraction. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still great imagery for him, it just wasn’t like he immediately popped back up. The threat was known to be stopped by then.

He’s damned lucky though. The amount by which he was missed is well within the ballistic margin of error of even a pretty good semiautomatic rifle with pretty decent ammunition. There’s likely an element of pure chance to him surviving that shot. He also noticeably turned his head a bit to the right the split second before the first shot. Turn your head naturally to look to the right, touch your ear lobe with a finger, and turn your head back left a little bit- you’ll likely feel your finger push on your head. That slight move may have taken the back of his skull out of line of the shot.

This is as close as it can get.
dammed lucky
165yds is a gimme, 20 yr old kid probably didnt put the time in at the range, adrenaline, heart pumping like mad
incredible that that spot wasnt covered and more. I assume there are going to be some changes after this

Back