• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Attempted assassination of Donald Trump 13 July 2024

So this bit of the article below (highlights mine) are interesting.

Helen Comperatore told the New York Post she and Corey were childhood sweethearts and about to celebrate their 29th wedding anniversary when the family headed to the rally to support Trump.

“Me and the kids were all there as a family,” she said. “He was just excited. It was going to be a nice day with the family.”

Describing her late husband to the newspaper as a “simple man,” Helen Comperatore said he put “his wife and kids first all the time.”

“I didn’t lift a finger,” she said. “He did everything.”

She also told the New York Post President Joe Biden did try to call, but she doesn’t want to speak to him. “My husband was a devout Republican, and he would not have wanted me to talk to him.”

However, Helen Comperatore added she does not hold the current president responsible for what happened to her family.

“I don’t have any ill-will towards Joe Biden,” she said. “I’m not one of those people that gets involved in politics. I support Trump, that’s who I’m voting for, but I don’t have ill-will towards Biden.”

“He didn’t do anything to my husband. A 20-year-old despicable kid did,” she continued.

The family has not heard from the former president, she added.

1. “Devout” [insert party here] sounds wrong. One shouldn’t be a devout member of a political party - that smacks of “religion”
  2. Even though the guy died in the rally, the family has not heard from Trump but Biden reached out to them.
Point 1 is a big reason why the divide is so entrenched.

Yeah, if they were expecting local LE on that roof he may have been trying to reconcile that expectation with the person he saw.
I am not well versed in this sort of thing but should there been a sweep of the area prior to his arrival? Or maybe a sharpshooter SME going around pointing out possible fire positions? A legit question

Back