• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

April 27th BMOQ

barista95 said:
Heard our course got changed to Sept and we're sitting on PAT pl.. that's what my RC said will likely happen.

Please explain/clarify.

I called my RC and they told me our course is cancelled but that HQ doesn't know what is going to happen to us..my RC thinks PAT pl until course starts in Sept, but i'm hopin they'll load us on the ROTP non-rmc course in May. we will have to wait and see. Maybe call your RC's and ask them?

Hi lyndsay....

1. you arent even on this course.
2. stop spreading rumours.
3. Do you really think that none of our RC's would have called us with this change? Only your magical RC and "friend" know this change.

I just got off the telephone with my Recruiting Centre here in Oshawa. They said the April 27 BMOQ is a go and that they hadn't heard anything about a course being cancelled.

Just be patient all and wait and see. As per anything with the military, never expect anything UNTIL your feet are on the ground!

seawolf said:
1. you arent even on this course.
2. stop spreading rumours.
3. Do you really think that none of our RC's would have called us with this change? Only your magical RC and "friend" know this change.

Just wait and see my friend, wait and see. Instead of being stubborn I'd suggest taking a more "wait and see" attitude and decide to prove us wrong when your course starts. Not the fact that I see the information right in front of my eyes and I'm waiting and seeing what happens with you guys.

PMedMoe said:
CFLRS website shows no BMOQ starting on 27 April 2013.  Ceremony Dates

Make of that what you will.  :dunno:

Also on a page in the DIN it says

OLD                                  NEW
L0017E Platoon & date L21 29 Apr to 9 Aug L19 16 Sep to 24 Jan

Make of that what you will.

"Hey!!...Knock it off children."

Bruce
army.ce staff

Out of curiosity and directed to anyone that might know such things: if the course does end up being cancelled, what happens to those of us who have already submitted a notice of resignation to our current employer? Is it possible to be sent to PAT prior to BMOQ? I do understand the need to wait and see, and nothing is official until it's official, but some of us have mortgage payments to make and I'd rather not find myself suddenly unemployed and having resigned from a well-paying job. Many thanks.

R.C. said:
Out of curiosity and directed to anyone that might know such things: if the course does end up being cancelled, what happens to those of us who have already submitted a notice of resignation to our current employer? Is it possible to be sent to PAT prior to BMOQ? I do understand the need to wait and see, and nothing is official until it's official, but some of us have mortgage payments to make and I'd rather not find myself suddenly unemployed and having resigned from a well-paying job. Many thanks.

The best answer is wait and see. Because it hasn't come down your chain yet with the exact details of anything. Everyone is questioning it here too. You never know it could be a go, it would be a huge hassle on both ends to cancel it, but if there arent the resources then they cant run it. I say wait it out, if you dont hear anything by the end of the week, call your RC again monday. Who knows maybe they wont tell you until you get there on the 27th whats going on.

Hey man,

I wouldn't worry about it. My RC, your RC - seemingly every RC has no idea what XXXX is talking about.

Hell a dude swore in like a few days ago.

Do you really think the CF would be swearing people in, taking on the liability of their health care, booking flights, etc for a course that doesn't exist. OH and not sending a message to the RC's to contact us.

Instead the official source of info is a 2Lt logO that just finished bmoq and is sitting on Pat platoon in Edmonton. Oh and the fact we dislike each other.

Ur call on what makes sense...

seawolf said:
Hey man,

I wouldn't worry about it. My RC, your RC - seemingly every RC has no idea what XXXX is talking about.

Do you really think the CF would be swearing people in, taking on the liability of their health care, booking flights, etc for a course that doesn't exist. OH and not sending a message to the RC's to contact us.

Instead the official source of info is a 2Lt logO that just finished bmoq and is sitting on Pat platoon in Edmonton. Oh and the fact we dislike each other.

I would also like to correct you on that I am NOT sitting on a PAT Platoon actually. Just wait and see Mike just wait and see is all I can say.

Also maybe try and put differences aside and take a different spin on things and think in a different matter. Oh lets look into this and get my RC to look into this or we will wait and see and hopefully prove her wrong even though she has all the facts in front of her the exact same things the RCs can see. Plan as if you are going!! However don't be surprised, as I've warned you that the military can do whatever they want and dont expect anything until feet are on the ground!

As you two can't seem to grow up, do as your told and quit your whining, you're both on listening silence for now.

Start paying attention to what the Mods tell you.

--Staff--

My neighbour works in the Edmonton RC. He said nothing of the course being cancelled.

He is attending my swearing in.

:2c:

seawolf said:
Hey man,

I am sure that if your RC has anything to tell you, they will!!!

So if you are a Commissioned Officer or aspire to be one, then I would suggest you start acting like it!!!  One day you "might" be leading troops, so why not "Lead by Example!" and start acting "officerish"...    :salute:

Don't worry guys nothing will be changing. I spoke to my file manager in Hamilton and he has never heard of BMOQ/BMQ dates changing last minute. Plus, he is not aware of any changes either.

Back