• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm still very early in the process but I figured that I should get a post going.  It's going to be a fair bit of waiting I imagine, but what good is the destination without a journey? HEY LOOK MOM I WAS PHILOSOPHICAL  :D

Recruting Center: Winnipeg
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Armoured Soldier - 011
Trade Choice 2: Infantry Soldier - 031
Trade Choice 3: Artillery Soldier - Field - 021
Application Date: September 14, 2009
First Contact: Pending
References Contacted: Pending
Med, CFAT Completed: Pending
PT Test Completed: Pending
Interview Completed: Pending
Position Offered: Pending
Basic Training Begins: Pending

So just did my medical and interview today, they both went very well! I'm going to join as a Field Artillery Soldier and now I'm waiting for my medical stuff to be cleared through Ottawa! The Captain said if all goes well he could have me shipped to Basic by November, so now its just waiting with my fingers crossed!

Update
Recruiting Center: CFRC Saint John
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice: MARS
Application Date: July 2009
CFAT: exempt - original written date - 1986 (woo hoo!)
Interview: Sept 2
Medical: Sept 2
NOAB: Sept 28 (MADE IT!! YAY!)
Merit Listed: TBD
Position Offered: TBD
Sworn in: TBD
BMOQ starts on: TBD (going to see if I can get on Oct 19)

Recruiting Center: CFRC Barrie
Officer/NCM: ROTP
Trade Choice: Nursing Officer
Application Date: August 25, 2009
CFAT: exempt - original written date - August 2007
Medical: October 7, 2009
Interview: Date will given Oct. 7 after medical

Recruiting Center: Calgary
Trade Choice 1: Crewman
Trade Choice 2: Artillery
Trade Choice 3: infantry
Application Date: aug 24/09
References contacted: how do i kno that
CFAT: 9/24/09
Interview: 9/24/09
Medical: 9/24/09
BMQ starts on: TBD

hopefully all goes well.....been lurking now only for a month or two..but its nice to see that people aren't waiting an eternity!!!

Recruting Center: CFRC Windsor
Regular/Reserve: Reg force
Trade Choice 1: Med Tech
Trade Choice 2: -
Trade Choice 3: -
Application Date: April 2009
First Contacted: April 2009
Request for educational waiver denied. Had to up grade biology.
Grade 12 Biology completed: July 6 2009
References contacted: May 2009
CFAT completed : Exempt/completed in 2003
Medical completed: July 22 2009 (passed)
Interview completed: August 18 2009 (passed)
Merit Listed: September 8 2009
Position Offered: September 22
Basic Training Begins: October 12

The wait is over. The new chapter is about to begin.

**UPDATE**
Oh this is quite exciting now!  References were contacted within a couple of hours after I had my phone call arranging my Testing & Interview.

Recruting Center: Winnipeg
Trade Choice 1: Armoured Soldier - 011
Trade Choice 2: Infantry Soldier - 031
Trade Choice 3: Artillery Soldier - Field - 021
Application Date: September 14, 2009
First Contact: September 22, 2009
References Contacted: September 22, 2009
CFAT Completed: Booked for Sept 30th
Medical Part 1 Completed: Booked for Sept 30th
Medical Part 2 Completed: Pending
Interview Completed: Booked for Sept 30th
BMQ Start Date: Pending

We have done "one day processing" in the past. It's not common unless you either have a long way to travel or you are from out of country. We don't like to do it because if to don't do well on CFAT you don't get the mendical or interview and we've wasted a spot we could have booked someone into.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Barrie
Officer/NCM: ROTP
Trade Choice: Nursing Officer
Application Date: August 25, 2009
CFAT: exempt - original written date - August 2007
References Contacted:  3 out of 5 so far!!
Medical: October 7, 2009
Interview: Date will given Oct. 7 after medical

The 3 of 5 references that were contacted were done via e-mail/ web questionnaires.  I assumed it would have been a phone call involved.  Has anyone else experienced this with their references?

Actually I found out a few minutes ago that a couple of my references did recieve an email for their contact from Back Check.

Recruting Center: CFRC Vancouver
Trade Choice 1: Artillery Field Defence
Trade Choice 2: Armoured Soldier
Trade Choice 3: Infantry
Application Date: Aug 13/09
First Contacted: Aug 19/09 roughly
References contacted: Sep 17/09
CFAT completed : Sept 15/09
Medical Part 1 Completed: Sept. 15/09
Medical Part 2 Completed: Pending
Interview completed: Pending
Merit Listed: Pending
Basic Training Begins: Pending

4 out of 5 of my references have been contacted thus far. 2 were by email and the other 2 were over the telephone. From what I gather they don't always contact all of your references. The idea of using an email for a reference seems strange to me considering this isn't just some average job at McDonald's.

It seemed strange to me as well.  I believe that this could be used for the recruits advantage as they could have a say into how their reference answers each question.  I would hope people would not do this but you never know.  My references also found this weird as it is more than just a job at McDonalds.  That being said, I am sure it does speed up the process as people tend to get their emails more readily than actual phone calls.

With todays society and the use of Blackberry's and other electronic devices we were finding it difficult to contact references. A lot of people are out of the office a lot or have other things to do. An email can be answered at a convienent time. Ever had a call while you were driving on the Highway at rush hour. Not a good time to give a good honest view of the applicant. If I can sit in my livingroom at home, relax and give it some thought I can give a better response.

We need to have the references so we need to contact them any way we can. As for the thought of you being there feeding the refereence the answers you think we want to hear, yes it's a possibility. Just like BSing on any form. We give you the benifit of the doubt. We have no way of knowing even if you say the refrence is a Dr. It could be your best buddy who's only 16. However if we do find out that you have provided false information during your process after you have enroled we can either send you to jail for up to 2 years, (not Federal but military) or release you from the CF or both.

So no this is not your average job at McDonalds. You can BS them and they don't care. WE DO!

As I stated, I figured it was due to the ease of contacting the reference.  I would hope people wouldn't BS, I just threw my two cents in about that.  I am all for speeding up the process and would assume (something that one should never do, but I am) that 99% of applicants would not BS. 

Anyway, I wish everyone goodluck and let's get back to hearing the progress of others through this exciting procedure.

Good luck all!!

I know that a couple of mine have been contacted so far, by email for at least one of mine. I have a few things to get arranged to keep the process moving along, and Part 2 of my Medical will be done sometime after Thanksgiving due to some people being on leave. Still, all in all my application seems to be moving along faster than I expected, and the CFRC staff is just fantastic for keeping you updated and getting things arranged for mutual convenience.

It's our aim to please. Just don't get used to it. BMQ is coming!!

Recruiting Center: saint john
Trade Choice 1:  combat engineer
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: august 2009
References contacted: not yet
CFAT: completed with flying colours
Interview: Complete
Interview (part 2): Complete
Medical: aug 20 needed to get paper work done had it all done that day and handed it to the medical staff hopefully that makes the process go faster ahah
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Sworn in:
BMQ starts on:
everythings out of my hands now so now i'm just waiting to hear back form them, i'd love to leave in sept but i think that won't happen but we'll see

update***
i just found out that my medical file went from ottawa to gagetown on the 17th, does anyone know how long  it usually takes when it gets to gagetown?

****UPDATE****

Recruiting Center: CFRC Vancouver
Trade Choice 1: Comm Rsrh
Trade Choice 2: LCIS
Trade Choice 3: -
Application Date: July 02/09
First Contacted: July 15/09
References contacted: Aug 5-10/09
CFAT completed : Aug 5/09
Medical completed: Aug 6/09
Interview completed: Aug 26/09
Position Offered: Sept 24/09
Basic Training Begins: Oct 19/09

I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  Only 3 weeks before I'm off to Quebec. 

Recruiting Center: CFRC Calgary
Trade Choice: Comm Rsch
Application Date: March/April, 2009
CFAT: June 10 , 2009
Interview: June 10, 2009
Medical: June 24, 2009
Medical Approved: Aug 10th, 2009
References contacted: Aug 13th, 2009
Merit Listed: TBD