• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
update... waiting on backcheck. cfat...no problem. conditional offer to crewman...woot

Update
Recruiting Center: CFRC Saint John
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice: MARS
Application Date: July 2009
CFAT: exempt - original written date - 1986 (woo hoo!)
Interview: Sept 2
Medical: Sept 2
NOAB: Sept 28 (MADE IT!! YAY!)
Merit Listed: TBD
Position Offered: TBD
Sworn in: TBD
BMOQ starts on: N/A as I have been exempted BMOQ - YAY, again!

Good for you Steve.  Congratulations.  How lucky can you get????  I am happy for you.

Looking forward to seeing you on the NOAB.

update***

just called a found out that I was finally declared medfit, it wasn't all good news they told me that combat engineer is full till march so I decided to join as an armoured soldier . and i should have a job offer amd a date for when I leave for bmq by the end of the week. can't wait to be able to quit my shitty job and leave for basic

Recruiting Center: CFRC Moncton
Regular/Reserve: Reg force
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: RMS CLK
Trade Choice 2: POSTAL CLK
Trade Choice 3: - COMMUNICATIONS
Application Date: May 11/09
First Contacted: May 11 15/09
References contacted: May 19 - May 25/09
Medical completed: June 24 /09
Interview completed: May 19/09
Position Offered: N/A
Basic Training Begins: N/A

My file has been sitting in Ottawa since August 21st.  As of today, I contacted the recruiting centre and it still says "ON HOLD" in my file.

@ FDO  thank you for that answer. i just noticed it today. yes i live in red deer which is about 2 km closer to Calgary then Edmonton. i at least did good on the cfat so no loss on the other 2

UPDATE:

Recruiting Center: Calgary
Trade Choice 1: Crewman
Trade Choice 2: Artillery
Trade Choice 3: infantry
Application Date: aug 24/09
References contacted: 9/25/09
CFAT: 9/24/09
Interview: 9/24/09
Medical: 9/24/09
Position Offered: TBD
BMQ starts on: TBD

edited for: refernces and offer

AndyRad said:
Application Date: aug 24/09
References contacted: 9/25/09
CFAT: 9/24/09
Interview: 9/24/09
Medical: 9/24/09
Position Offered: CREWMAN (CONDITIONAL)
BMQ starts on: TBD

What do you mean by conditional?  Pending approval of your medical?

The Conditional Offer is on the bottom of the last page of the Employment Application. All it means is that you agree to the application process. It is NOT a job offer.

thanks for the clarification. so any who i signed the paper. ill edit that out. and once i got digging deeper and deeper into the site i have discovered that with my current eyesight levels ill be getting no combat arms offer. off to lasik i go!!

Don't be so quick to get expensive surgery.  Do your research first, search here and your'll find lots of info about it. 

well to stay within this topic. have researched the most i can on here and still only come to the realization with my uncorrected vision at 6/120 then i'm v4 and all combat arms jobs are v3 or better. i have yet to see some one mention a waiver for vision or else every one would get one

BearPusher said:
Recruiting Center: CFRC Vancouver
Regular/Reserve: Reg force
Trade Choice 1: Artillery Field Defence
Trade Choice 2: Armoured Soldier
Trade Choice 3: Infantry
Application Date: Aug 13/09
First Contacted: Aug 19/09 roughly
References contacted: Sep 17/09
CFAT completed : Sept 15/09
Medical Part 1 Completed: Sept. 15/09
Medical Part 2: Oct. 6
Interview: Oct. 6
Merit Listed: Pending
Position Offered: Pending
Basic Training Begins: Pending

Think long and hard about lasik surgery. If it goes wrong you could lose what vision you have and screw you for the rest of your life. The CF has lots of occupations that are V4. I know some people who have had it done and it worked but the risks are still there. The CF will not pay for it or recommend it.

All I'm saying is think about it and maybe look at other trade options before you go for surgery.

***UPDATE***
Well, went for my appointment this morning, passed CFAT "Well above the requirements of my chosen trades".  Going over the information after the test, I'm also ok for quite a few other trade options should my vision fall into V4 instead of V3 for Combat Arms.  My medical was re-booked for the end of October due to staff availability, Part 1 and Part 2 are now on the same day, the interview was rescheduled for the same day as medical as well.  Have my appointment for first thing tomorrow to get my prints done by the Commissionaires, hopefully they'll be quick to send the information in.  I do have to say that the CFRC staff in Winnipeg is absolutely fantastic.  A few snags here and there but everyone there seems to strive to give me the info to answer questions before I have to ask, the effort is extremely appreciated.

Recruting Center: Winnipeg
Trade Choice 1: Armoured Soldier - 011
Trade Choice 2: Artillery Soldier - Field - 021
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: September 14, 2009
First Contact: September 22, 2009
References Contacted: September 22, 2009
CFAT Completed: Passed September 30, 2009
Medical Part 1 Completed: Re-Booked for October 29, 2009
Medical Part 2 Completed: Booked for October 29, 2009
Interview Completed: Re-Booked for October 29, 2009
Position Offered: Pending
BMQ Start Date: Pending

@ FDO just like joining the CF i will be taking alot into considering the LASIK, i went in a few years ago to see about the eligibility. as everyone in my family did it at the same facility in one month  (aside from me) i will await what medical says and then i will progress. no way in hell am i going to pass up the Forces, just wishing for combat arms

edited for spelling (my work computer sucks)

finally  got the call today! i get sworn in on the 5th of nov and start bmq on nov 16th can't wait to leave now   

Brie21 said:
Recruiting Center: CFRC Victoria
Regular/Reserve: Reg
Trade Choice 1: Armoured
Trade Choice 2: Infantry
Trade Choice 3: VEH Tech
Application Date: August 10, 2009
First Contacted: September 22, 2009
References contacted: Aug 13, 2009
CFAT completed : sept 30 2009
Medical completed: sept 30 2009
Interview completed: sept 30, 2009
Position Offered: ----
Basic Training Begins: ----

just need to fill out a paper for medical and hopefully on my way soon!!

Recruiting Center: CFRC Nanaimo
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Line technician
Trade Choice 2: Supply technician
Trade Choice 3: Signal operator
Application Date: July 27th 2009
First Contacted: (can't remember)
References contacted: Aug 14, 2009
CFAT completed : September 21 2009
Medical completed: September 29 2009
Interview completed: September 29 2009
Physical completed: September 30th 2009

I just passed my fitness test today and I'm really excited!

Long time lurker.
I must say.. Excellent site. Full of more answers that I even had questions for.
... (Pre Army.Ca)  ???
....... (Post Army.Ca)  :)

Recruiting Center: Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: Reg
Trade Choice 1: Armoured
Trade Choice 2: FireFighter
Trade Choice 3: Line Tech
Application Date: October 04, 2009
First Contacted: ----
References contacted: ----
CFAT completed : ----
Medical completed: ----
Interview completed: ----

*Update*

Recruting Center: Ottawa
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 2: Armoured
Trade Choice 3: Infantry
Application Date: August 8th, 2009
First Contact: August 6th, 2009
Med, aptitude completed : August 22nd, 2009
Interview completed: Sept 22, 2009
Position Offered: N/A
Basic Training Begins:N/A

I had my interview last Tuesday, and I think it went really well. I also did well on my medical exam, and the doctor told me I was medically fit since I'm young, athletic and don't have any history of serious medical problems or drug use. I was really relieved when he shrugged off my one-time experimentation with Mushrooms two years ago. I was surprised that they never made me pee in a cup, although they did stress the heavy penalties for being caught on a random drug test (No problems here though, I'm not in high school any more).

Right now I'm jut waiting on them to offer me a position, if I have any luck (I don't) I'll get offered Combat Engineer before the trade fills up. If not then I frankly don't know what I'll do. I really have my heart set on engineer and all the other trades seem to pale in comparison. Hopefully I'll get Basic in November.

Anybody know if the Combat Engy spots have been filled? Does basic in winter suck at St.Jean? Thanks  :cdn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back