• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure as soon as you become a recruiter. It is a tool we use that is NOT for general access. It's what we use to check and make sure we are up to date when we tell an applicant exactly how many positions are open for each occupation. It is updated everytime someone is selected for the trade. It's that accurate.

Didn't realize you were a recruiter.

Wow that's surprising for me to hear the Infantry is full. I never thought of our army, specifically the infantry as "limited positions available".For specialized jobs I understand. But one or serval extra platoons of infantry more than the target couldnt hurt no? Anyways if Im in for wait then I guess im in for a wait. Thanks for the heads up.

I believe it has more to do with how many people can be trained at a time than with how many soldiers are in the army.

A-ryathker said:
Wow that's surprising for me to hear the Infantry is full. I never thought of our army, specifically the infantry as "limited positions available".For specialized jobs I understand. But one or serval extra platoons of infantry more than the target couldnt hurt no? Anyways if Im in for wait then I guess im in for a wait. Thanks for the heads up.

The positions for recruiting Infantry are full for this fiscal year.  The trade itself is not full.  MSEng314 has it right, they can only train so many people at a time.  They won't recruit the full trades because you'd be sitting on your keister waiting for training.

Recruting Center: Montreal
Reserve
NCM
Trade Choice 1: lineman
Trade Choice 2:

Application Date: june 18,2009
ATCF: July 07, 2009
Med, aptitude completed : August 08, 2009
Interview completed: august 20, 2009
PT Test completed: August 24,
Enrollement: Sept 1st 2009 !!!!  :salute:
Basic Training Begins: end of sept 2009 (date not set)

This is my first post here but I've been following you guys for a while now. I must say that you've all been really helpfull to me Thanks for the much needed support and info.

Recruiting Center: Calgary
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: NESOp
Trade Choice 2: NCIOp
Trade Choice 3: NAVCOMM
Application Date: April 14, 2009
References contacted: May 1, 2009
CFAT: May 21, 2009 (Passed, Officer and NCM qualified)
Interview: May 21, 2009 (partial)
Interview (part 2): TBD
Medical: August 31, 2009 - Application is still open, despite G3/O3 on medical. My case is being appealed to the head of medical reviews (ie the Officer that decides, with finality, if you get in or not) on the special dispensation that my one incident was caused by diet, not genetics, and hence should not be classified as a G3/O3 under the Pearls (the medical standards). So.... as if the application process wasn't drawn out and stressful enough, I may have to prepare a letter of appeal, and I am already getting a release of medical information filled out by the doctor that treated me. Oi oi oi... fingers and toes crossed  :-X

Update: I was merit listed today, just have to wait for the phone call now hopefully I will get October BMQ.

Recruting Center: CFRC Windsor
Regular/Reserve: Reg force
Trade Choice 1: Med Tech
Trade Choice 2: -
Trade Choice 3: -
Application Date: April 2009
First Contacted: April 2009
Request for educational waiver denied. Had to up grade biology.
Grade 12 Biology completed: July 6 2009
References contacted: May 2009
CFAT completed : Exempt/completed in 2003
Medical completed: July 22 2009 (passed)
Interview completed: August 18 2009 (passed)
Merit Listed: September 8 2009
Position Offered: N/A
Basic Training Begins: N/A

Johnson101 said:
Recruiting Center: Sarnia, Ont
Regular/Reserves: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: n/a
Trade Choice 3: n/a
Application Date: Early Dec 2008
First Contact: Early Dec 2008
CFAT: Passed Dec 18 2008
Interview: Jan 15 2009
Medical: Jan 15 2009
Medical received: medically unfit April 6, 2009
Appeal sent away: April 28, 2009
Appeal Completed:June 3, 2009
Merit Listed: June 24, 2009
Position Offered: July 3rd, 2009
Sworn in: July 23rd, 2009
BMQ starts on: ??

Well I was suppose to leave for my BMQ August 15th and start on the 17th but I was training and dislocated my thumb, 2 days after swearing in...just my luck. I just got my cast off a few weeks ago and my thumb feels great, I have been doing physiotherapy on it at home and with a therapist. So I'm hoping for a quick and strong recovery so I can be re coursed. I just talked to a recruiter today and my file is still kicking around and they're going to call me and tell me what happens next. Hopefully I will start my training before the new year!!!

I noticed quite a few people are saying that they leave for Borden on such and such a date, but I thought basic was in St. Jean, Quebec?

If you searched the site for the answer to your question, you would know that CFLRS Detachement/NRTD Borden are a sub-unit of CFLRS St Jean. Here are some of the links I found since your post:

http://forums.navy.ca/forums/threads/34610.0.html

http://forums.navy.ca/forums/threads/86259.0.html

http://forums.navy.ca/forums/threads/33853.0.html

*Update*

Recruiting Center: CFRC Calgary
Trade Choice 1: Armoured
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: 08 JUL 09
First Contact:  15 JUL 09
CFAT: 29 JUL 09
Interview: 29 JUL 09
Medical: 29 JUL 09
Medical received: 13 AUG 09
Merit Listed: 27 AUG 09
Position Offered: Armoured Crewman
Sworn in: 29 SEPT 09 (upcoming)
BMQ starts on: 19 Oct 09

Awesome; 1 Month and a bit, hope to meet a few of you before we go. If not see you there.

Been lurking here for the last year or so reading and absorbing. I know how much the application samples helped in gauging the time it takes. Thanks to all of those who have posted. Much appreciated! Here is my contribution. :cdn:

Recruiting Center: New West
Trade Choice 1: Med Tech
Trade Choice 2: Armoured
Trade Choice 3: Infantry
Application Date: May 17th
First Contact:  July 16th
CFAT/Interview/Medical:  July 22
Position Offered:  Sept 10th
Swearing in:  Sept 24th
BMQ scheduled on:  Oct 12th

Just got back from my trip to Scotland, picked up the phone gave the CFRC a call and got my medical and my interview booked for the 17th!

Recruting Center: CFRC Saint John
Trade Choice 1: Airborne Electronic Systems Operator (pending waiver)
Trade Choice 2: Field Artillery Soldier
Trade Choice 3: Armoured Soldier
Application Date: Aug 13/09
First Contacted: Aug 17/09
References contacted: Pending
CFAT completed : Aug 25/09
Medical completed: Sep 17/09
Interview completed: Sep 17/09
Position Offered: Pending
Basic Training Begins: Pending

What is the waiver you require for AES Op??  (BTW, AES Op is Airborne Electronic Sensor Op...not sure where the "System" thing came from)

Eye In The Sky said:
What is the waiver you require for AES Op??  (BTW, AES Op is Airborne Electronic Sensor Op...not sure where the "System" thing came from)

I think he mentioned earlier that he didn't score quite high enough on the CFAT to qualify for that trade.

???

So, if you don't reach the minimal score, you can just get a waiver?  What is the point of having a minimum score for trade entry then?

Chiefy268 said:

I very much doubt that you will get a waiver for this trade.

After my CFAT when I was speaking to the Sgt about my results he said that I did not score in a certain percentile, that I was 2 points out and that I would be able to go for a waiver, so I said sure lets go for it. If I get it or not is no big deal to me, I will be very pleased both ways.

UPDATE

Recruting Center: CFRC Saint John
Trade Choice 2: Field Artillery Soldier
Trade Choice 3: Armoured Soldier
Application Date: Aug 13/09
First Contacted: Aug 17/09
References contacted: Sep 14/09
CFAT completed : Aug 25/09
Medical completed: Sep 17/09
Interview completed: Sep 17/09
Merit Listed: Pending
Position Offered: Pending
Basic Training Begins: Pending

Waivers are NOT usually granted for CFAT unless you already have that skill. IE; you want to be Medic and have been a Paramedic for several years. You may get one. If you miss the cut off by one or two points we can REQUEST a waiver however, in this Centre they are few and far between unless like I said you already have the skills, education and experience. If you didn't make the cut on CFAT there is a chance of not making it through the trades training.

Before the free for all starts I do know that lots of currently serving members didn't make the cut on the CFAT but when their trades were amalgimated all of a sudden they were qualified. All I'm going on is policy we use here.

It never hurts to ask. (unless it's asking your wife for a larger allwance!) Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back