• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
theforcewithin said:
During my reliability screening, I was informed by the counsellor right away that I needed a security clearance pre-assessment. They sent my file to Ottawa right away, and he said they wanted my file to go through as soon as possible, so the background check wouldn't take 10-18 months. I received a call just last week to book the medical and interview, so I'd say it took a little over a month to do my background and reference checks, including the international ones. Perhaps you could ask the recruiter if it is in your best interest to provide an Australian criminal records check to speed up the process?

I've just been scheduled for a medical and interview on July 4 and 8 respectively. My file manager suggested that I give them an Australian police check and I did just that. It still took me a month to be contacted  but I'm not complaining as long as I'm moving forward! Perhaps I'll see you on the 8th. Best of luck to you!

Recruiting Center: CFRC Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: Reg
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade : Vehicle Tech
Application Date: Dec 06, 2012
First Contact: Feb 25, 2013
Aptitude Test: March 6, 2013
Interview: 04-04-2013
Medical: 04-04-2013
Merit Listed:05-16-2013
Position Offered: 07-03-13
Enrollment/Swear in: 07-25-13
BMQ Begins: 08-05-13

The call finally came this morning, I'm so excited right now. Good luck, everyone. :)

Had my interview today and it was pretty good. Just waiting on medical to be cleared by Ottawa and the background/reference check to be completed. For those who want to know: AERE and CELE selections are in Nov and EME is at the end of July. Im hoping my stuff checks out before EME selection.

Recruiting Centre: CFVRC
Local Recruiting Centre: Toronto RC
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade Choice 1: Aerospace Engineer
Trade Choice 2: Communications and Electronics (Air) Engineer
Trade Choice 3: EME
Online Application Date: April 7, 2013
Date Application sent to Toronto RC: June 14, 2013
Paperwork Submitted: June 20th, 2013
CFAT: June 25th, 2013
Interview: July 3rd, 2013
Medical: July 2nd, 2013
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins:

Verge1993 said:
AMAZING NEWS, its not 100% but I just emailed my RC and said "I was wondering, how competitive was my file?" then he responded with "You should be getting a phone call by the end of this week ;)"

Now its time to start praying that the "should be getting a call" will in fact happen!

That's awesome news bud! I'm Finishing up my tests within the next couple of weeks for infantry. Did you by chance state a regiment preference? And if so, how did you go about it?

cjette1 said:
That's awesome news bud! I'm Finishing up my tests within the next couple of weeks for infantry. Did you by chance state a regiment preference? And if so, how did you go about it?

Thanks! :) and yes I did. As soon as my interview was over my Recruiter asked me "have you considered with Regimental affiliation you would like for Infantry? We have the Royal Canadian Regiment (RCR) stationed in Petawawa, ON as well as Gagetown, NB. Or the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI) out of Edmonton, AB and Shiloh, MB."

So I told him RCR and that was final. That's is what he put on my application but 2 days ago I emailed him and told him that I was perfectly okay with RCR or PPCLI so he updated it right away and today he emailed me telling me that I should be expecting a call by the end of this week :D.

All you need to do is email your recruiter and tell him where you would like to be posted out of the 3 regiments. You do not get to choose the battalion but only the Regiment. Hope that helps and good luck with everything!

Verge1993 said:
Thanks! :) and yes I did. As soon as my interview was over my Recruiter asked me "have you considered with Regimental affiliation you would like for Infantry? We have the Royal Canadian Regiment (RCR) stationed in Petawawa, ON as well as Gagetown, NB. Or the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI) out of Edmonton, AB and Shiloh, MB."

So I told him RCR and that was final. That's is what he put on my application but 2 days ago I emailed him and told him that I was perfectly okay with RCR or PPCLI so he updated it right away and today he emailed me telling me that I should be expecting a call by the end of this week :D.

All you need to do is email your recruiter and tell him where you would like to be posted out of the 3 regiments. You do not get to choose the battalion but only the Regiment. Hope that helps and good luck with everything!

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll definitely tell them PPCLI. Something about me and the prairie winds. We've always got along nicely. Hopefully for both of us, a great future awaits. Apologies if I clogged up the thread.

UPDATE!!!

Recruiting centre: Corner Brook, NL
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Trade choice 1: Infantry!!!
Trade choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 3: Artillery Soldier
Applied: Nov 9th 2012
File sent to CFRC: Feb 26th, 2013
First contact: Feb 26th, 2013
CFAT: Wrote in 2011-2012 Passed.
Medical: Jun 12th, 2013
Interview: Jun 12th, 2013
Merit Listed: Jun 27th, 2012
Position offered: July 4th, 2013
Enrollment/swearing in: August 8th, 2013
BMQ: August 19th, 2013

Wow got my call this morning to start BMQ August 19th! fly's out of Corner Brook, NL on the 17th! Beyond excited!!!!!

Got job offer just 8 days after being merit listed, holy ! and I was chosen to be station with PPCLI!

Secord91 said:
Just got the call! Im going to be a Med Tech!!! Start basic Aug. 5th :) woot, took me about a year from when I first applied.

Congrats Kyle!!

Booked my medical for 6 days.  Hope to see you on course.  :nod:

Recruiting centre: New West
Trade choice 1: Aesop
Trade choice 2: NavCom
Tade Choice 3: ComRes
Applied: Mar 27th 2013
File sent to CFRC: May 9th, 2013
First contact: May 16th, 2013
CFAT: Wrote in 2002-2003 Passed
Medical: July 3rd, 2013 - Additional Eye Testing needed for Airforce, blood work and heart tests.
Interview: Waiting
Position offered: Waiting
Enrollment/swearing in: Waiting

Did my medical and for Aesop/aircrew they require additional testing, blood work, ECG test, pee test and Visual Acuity. Already went for the lab work, off to eye testing at 11:40. The career choice is almost full, tick tock tick tock.

Verge1993 said:
Wow got my call this morning to start BMQ August 19th! fly's out of Corner Brook, NL on the 17th! Beyond excited!!!!!

Got job offer just 8 days after being merit listed, holy ! and I was chosen to be station with PPCLI!

That's awesome. I'm really happy for you!

Recruiting Centre: Calgary, Alberta
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Artillery
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: April 20, 2013
Date Application sent to CFRC: May 29, 2013
CFAT: July 4th, 2013 (Passed)
Interview: July 4th, 2013 (Passed)
Medical: July 10th, 2013 (Part 1 completed on July 4, 2013)
Merit Listed: Waiting...
Position offered: Waiting...
Swearing in: Waiting...
Basic Training Begins: Waiting...

During my interview, we reviewed my file thus far. I was told that I am looking really competitive. And that if all works out well without any hiccups, she would't be surprised to see a job offer for the fall or early 2014 BMQ. On an off topic the medical assistant told me that I have the textbook perfect blood pressure, a first for her! Feeling pretty excited!

cjette1 said:
Recruiting Centre: Calgary, Alberta
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Artillery
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: April 20, 2013
Date Application sent to CFRC: May 29, 2013
CFAT: July 4th, 2013 (Passed)
Interview: July 4th, 2013 (Passed)
Medical: July 10th, 2013 (Part 1 completed on July 4, 2013)
Merit Listed: Waiting...
Position offered: Waiting...
Swearing in: Waiting...
Basic Training Begins: Waiting...

During my interview, we reviewed my file thus far. I was told that I am looking really competitive. And that if all works out well without any hiccups, she would't be surprised to see a job offer for the fall or early 2014 BMQ. On an off topic the medical assistant told me that I have the textbook perfect blood pressure, a first for her! Feeling pretty excited!

Best of luck! Waiting for my interview/medical on July 17th, hope to hear the same reviews!

Going to Aircrew Selection in Trenton on July 15th, getting pumped!!

Recruiting centre: Oshawa
Officer/NCM: Officer
Entry Plan: DEO
Trade choice 1: Pilot
Trade choice 2: -
Trade choice 3: -
Applied: Dec 17, 2012
CFAT: Apr 16, 2013
Medical: Apr 23, 2013
Interview: June 11, 2013
ASC: July 15, 2013
Merit listed: -
Position offered: -
Enrollment/swearing in: -
BMOQ: -

JamesKEDU said:
I've just been scheduled for a medical and interview on July 4 and 8 respectively. My file manager suggested that I give them an Australian police check and I did just that. It still took me a month to be contacted  but I'm not complaining as long as I'm moving forward! Perhaps I'll see you on the 8th. Best of luck to you!

Fantastic! Yes, as long as you're moving forward, it's good news. You never know...it might have been that people were taking vacations or something! =) But congrats, and maybe I will see you on the 8th! Best of luck to you as well. Perhaps we'll be platoon buddies!

estoguy said:
Passed interview for pilot again on June 6, and have medical booked for July 3.  Had a good meeting with my sleep study doctor, and my apnea has much improved - to the point of of not needing actual treatment.  However, its still mild, and not sure how they'll look at it.  On the up side, the doctor said that more improvement in my physical condition will only help.  Medical does look at things case by case, so I'm hoping they'll rule in my favor.  Cross fingers for me! :)

Just had the medical the other day and my new documentation from the sleep study has been submitted to RMO for reevaluation. They said reevaluation tends to go faster, so I'm hoping I'll hear something by early August.

26point2 said:
Going to Aircrew Selection in Trenton on July 15th, getting pumped!!

Recruiting centre: Oshawa
Officer/NCM: Officer
Entry Plan: DEO
Trade choice 1: Pilot
Trade choice 2: -
Trade choice 3: -
Applied: Dec 17, 2012
CFAT: Apr 16, 2013
Medical: Apr 23, 2013
Interview: June 11, 2013
ASC: July 15, 2013
Merit listed: -
Position offered: -
Enrollment/swearing in: -
BMOQ: -

Cool, good luck, and let us know if you hear anything about any changes in the pilot selection process! Thanks!

Gunshark said:
Cool, good luck, and let us know if you hear anything about any changes in the pilot selection process! Thanks!

I was already told this is the new version, it's only three days instead of five, and no flight simulator.

26point2 said:
I was already told this is the new version, it's only three days instead of five, and no flight simulator.

Looks like it's implemented already then. My recruiting centre wouldn't comment on it yet though. So any extra info you have or will pick up at Trenton will be much appreciated! Did you receive a new study guide to prepare for Trenton?

Recruting Center: CFRC Vancouver
Regular/Reserve: Reserves
Trade Choice 1: Military Police
Trade Choice 2: Infantry
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: 20 Sept 2012
First Contact: 10 Oct 2012
Aptitude Test: 19 Dec 2012 (Rescheduled to 15 Jan 2013)
Medical: 19 Feb 2013
PT test: 19 Feb 2013
Interview: 5 March 2013 (Rescheduled to 3 July 2013)
Position Offered:
Sworn In:
Basic Training Begins:

Was told that my interview went well and the next call I should be expecting would be from the unit I'm joining about getting sworn in.

Gunshark said:
Looks like it's implemented already then. My recruiting centre wouldn't comment on it yet though. So any extra info you have or will pick up at Trenton will be much appreciated! Did you receive a new study guide to prepare for Trenton?

Looks like the study guide hasn't changed yet .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back