• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting Centre: Calgary, Alberta
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Artillery
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: April 20, 2013
Date Application sent to CFRC: May 29, 2013
CFAT: July 4th, 2013 (Passed)
Interview: July 4th, 2013 (Passed)
Medical: July 4th (pt. 1) July 10th, 2013 (Pt. 2) (Passed)
Merit Listed: Waiting...
Position offered: Waiting...
Swearing in: Waiting...
Basic Training Begins: Waiting...

Finished the medical today, it went really well. Just waiting for security checks to finish and I'm all good to go. Now to find the fine line between simply checking up with your file manager and harassment. Good times

dynamic said:
Recruiting Centre: CFRC New West, BC
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade choice 1: Legal Officer
Trade choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Applied: October 2011
File sent to CFRC: December 2011
First contact: December 2011
CFAT: May 2012
Medical: May 2012
Initial Officer Interview: May 201
Update Interview: April 2013, June 2013
JAG Board Interview: June 24, 2013
Position(s) offered: Legal Officer
Enrollment/swearing in: TBA
BMOQ: Aug 26 or Sept 30 (need to choose)

Finally got the call today and couldn't be more ecstatic!  It's been a long 2 year process but it finally paid off.  For all those waiting, just keep at it and be persistent.

Congrats!
I'm super jealous... I hope I'm on one of those courses.

cjette1 said:
Now to find the fine line between simply checking up with your file manager and harassment. Good times

HAHAHA!

But congrats! It's awesome that your medical went smoothly. Hopefully you get in soon and tell us all about your experiences at St. Jean. =D

theforcewithin said:
HAHAHA!

But congrats! It's awesome that your medical went smoothly. Hopefully you get in soon and tell us all about your experiences at St. Jean. =D

Thanks, I'm really hoping the wait isn't too long. I would love to be booked for fall or early winter, but I'm aware it could be awhile. But I will for sure tell about St. Jean when it all comes together! Maybe I'll write my exploits in a book one day.

Just had my interview today, and I was told that my trades (Public Affairs Officer and Training Development Officer) are now closed. Game over for me till next April! MCC also highlighted that it's difficult to get these two positions. Oh well, at least I tried and gave it my best. They're going to keep my file open as long as possible, but I was also encouraged to apply for Operational Trades, which I will look into in the meantime! Good luck to all of you applicants! May your results be better than mine lol

RectorCR said:
Congrats!
I'm super jealous... I hope I'm on one of those courses.

Thanks!  I've opted to go to the September 30th BMOQ.  Gives me a little more time to deal with administration issues.

theforcewithin said:
Just had my interview today, and I was told that my trades (Public Affairs Officer and Training Development Officer) are now closed. Game over for me till next April! MCC also highlighted that it's difficult to get these two positions. Oh well, at least I tried and gave it my best. They're going to keep my file open as long as possible, but I was also encouraged to apply for Operational Trades, which I will look into in the meantime! Good luck to all of you applicants! May your results be better than mine lol

Hey
Thank you for the good luck wishes. Sorry to hear that your trades are closed but you have a great attitude and hopefully things will work out. Let us know if you decide on another trade.

Recruiting Center: Oshawa
Trade Choice 1: Material Tech
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 3: Vehicle Tech
Application Date: July 2012 (Re-applied February 2013)
First Contact: September 2012
Med, aptitude completed : October 2012
Interview completed: Offered December 2012, Declined.  New interview June 11, 2013
Merit Listed: June 11, 2013
Position Offered: July 11, 2013 Vehicle Tech
Basic Training Begins: August 26, 2013

Recruiting Center: CFRC Montreal
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 2: --
Trade Choice 3: --
Online Application Date: May 18th 2013
First contact:
Aptitude Test:
Interview:
Medical:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMQ Begins:

I called them two days ago and asked for an update, they said my file was under review and would likely be transferred to the local recruiting center next week.
I've been doing a ton of research and working out in the meantime. Fingers crossed!

kevincanada said:
Recruiting Center: Oshawa
Trade Choice 1: Material Tech
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 3: Vehicle Tech
Application Date: July 2012 (Re-applied February 2013)
First Contact: September 2012
Med, aptitude completed : October 2012
Interview completed: Offered December 2012, Declined.  New interview June 11, 2013
Merit Listed: June 11, 2013
Position Offered: July 11, 2013 Vehicle Tech
Basic Training Begins: August 26, 2013

Congrats!!, May I ask why you declined in December?

Recruiting Centre: Kingston, ON
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade 1: Logistics Officer
Trade 2: Infantry Officer
Trade 3: Armour Officer
Application Date: January 2013
First Contact: January 2013
CFAT: 12 February 2013
Medical: 28 March 2013
Interview: 28 March 2013
Merit Listed: April 2013

Changed entry plan to NCM June 2013
Trade 1: Resource Management Support Clerk
Trade 2: Supply Technician
Trade 3:
Update Interview: 22 July 2013
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrolment:
Swearing in:
BMQ:

The entry standards changed for DEO Log O for the 2013 fiscal year. Since I was interviewed in March 2013 (2012 fiscal year), I was grandfathered for the 2013 fiscal year and merit listed for all of my choices. I decided to change my entry plan from DEO to NCM. Update interview next week for my new trades.

Cbbmtt said:
Congrats!!, May I ask why you declined in December?

Jobs were filling up for my picks for the year. I picked 3, full, picked 3 more full.  The jobs left I had no interest in.  I was interested in only army and only trades/combat.  From when I applied to interview time all my job choices were full.  It came down to taking what remained or wait.  I choose the latter.

kevincanada said:
Jobs were filling up for my picks for the year. I picked 3, full, picked 3 more full.  The jobs left I had no interest in.  I was interested in only army and only trades/combat.  From when I applied to interview time all my job choices were full.  It came down to taking what remained or wait.  I choose the latter.

I'm worried the same is going to happen to me if I pass the interview stage. I was informed my references were being checked next week. On Wednesday I was told they were all still open and I only try to bug my recruiter once every 1-2 weeks :)

I'm glad that your positions are open again.

Will you staying at the Yukon Lodge or just going straight in on the 15th? I'm in your serial and arrived in Trenton today. Would be good to meet as many before the show begins.

Im just curious, ive been merit listed but they havent called my references yet. Do they sometimes bypass the references?

JoPelle said:
Im just curious, ive been merit listed but they havent called my references yet. Do they sometimes bypass the references?

If they did or didn't it is out of your MCC hands now.  They skipped or just didn't get in touch with some of mine.  Since you are merit listed no need to worry about it.  That stage of the process is now complete.

Don't remember the exact dates but i'm jumping in on this thread anyways.

Recruiting centre: Oshawa Ontario
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Trade choice 1: Boatswain
Trade choice 2: Sonar OP
Tade Choice 3: NCI OP
Applied: January 2013
File sent to CFRC: February 2013
First contact: April 2013
CFAT: April 2013
Medical: May 2013
Interview: June 11 2013