• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application - How long does it take? (Merged)

I've been in the process since October 2012. My file was stuck in North Bay for longer then usual though. My advice is to make regular contact with them every two weeks or so. Never hurts IMO.

I think you should try calling again or if the recruiting place is close by, physically go there to book CFAT. They ask for identification so maybe take your driver's license with you.

TristynS said:
Hey guys, just wondering.. How long has it taken you to get a BMQ date? I don't know, I haven't even got a date for my CFAT and I applied in January. The Recruiter last time I talked to him said that I have done as much as I can at the moment to forward my application and process.. Then i got an email February 19th saying that a bookings clerk will contact me. Should I try calling again too see about a CFAT spot since it has been about a month and a half almost since I got that email?
I applied last year in May, I just got to do my CFAT in February I am still awaiting to be contacted for my medical/interview.

I originally applied in April, finally got a CFAT in October and am now also awaiting a medical and interview..

A good rule of thumb is to call the CFRC every 2 wks, to make sure that no files are missing and that your process is moving along. With that being said, this topic has been asked numerous times before - google (site:army.ca question) is your friend. Check out this forum - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13064.0 for some decent estimates for your trade and local CFRC, however security checks, medicals, etc. can cause the process to differ from person to person.

If you are unsure, it is always a good idea to make a phone call/talk to someone at the CFRC for clarification.  The worst case scenario is you are told, yes your file is in order and you will be called for the next step.  But then at least you know something. 

I'm not complaining but when I called to see how everything was going (three months after my CFAT) I'm pretty much told you have to wait at least a year for processing my name or nothing was even asked....

Seppala said:
I'm not complaining but when I called to see how everything was going (three months after my CFAT) I'm pretty much told you have to wait at least a year for processing my name or nothing was even asked....

Well I wrote my CFAT on a Wednesday and got a call to book an interview and medical on the following Friday, so it definitely doesn't take a year.  However, after the test they did tell me to expect to wait 3-4 months before being contacted to book interview/medical.  I think it all comes down to how well you did on the tests and if the trades you applied for are hiring.  They could call you tomorrow so don't lose hope.

I applied 15 November, 2013 and I got my first call on 26 Nov, 2013. I wrote the CFAT on 8 Jan, 2014 ( I was brought in in Dec. to write the CFAT but they were having issues with the computers so it got rescheduled) Then I had my medical and interview one after another on 18 Jan, 2014. After that I figured I was done with the application process but then in June 2014 I received a letter about my outstanding debt. It took me a while to gather all of the stuff necessary for achieving "Reliability Status" and so I've only just recently handed them in (1 October, 2014), and now I'm waiting for a board to convene to decide the fate of my application.

I applied in April of last year I believe, I am finally getting closer to the end of my application. I have my medical on Wednesday, and I hope all things go well. And then I am just waiting to be selected, which probably wont be long.

ace1125 said:
Well I wrote my CFAT on a Wednesday and got a call to book an interview and medical on the following Friday, so it definitely doesn't take a year.  However, after the test they did tell me to expect to wait 3-4 months before being contacted to book interview/medical.  I think it all comes down to how well you did on the tests and if the trades you applied for are hiring.  They could call you tomorrow so don't lose hope.
Thanks man I hope you're right I wish i had asked how well I did on mine I was just excited I had passed.. lol

Seppala said:

I had better luck going in person and ask to see a recruiter, say you questions or changes relating to your application or they won't even ask or your name... At least that was my experience with some people st the front desk, once in a cubicle with a recruiter you can ask all kind of question.
My file manager gave me that tip  ;) :nod:

Its been a long time waiting for me, they told me they are processing it still. Almost been a year, still no test date.

cbucholc said:
Its been a long time waiting for me, they told me they are processing it still. Almost been a year, still no test date.

Yeah I would probably call someone, if its been over a year and nothing chances are something went wrong and your file was either never opened or closed without you knowing.

cbucholc said:

Well, closer to 8 months since you applied, but who is counting. At any rate, it took about 7 month for your first contact? That is the longest I have heard so far. So 7 months before you got a single call or email from a human (auto emails don't count) regarding your application? Insane! It took just over 10 month before I went in for my CFAT, but for that phase of the processing, that does not seem abnormal.

It's been about 9 months for me, from application to interview/medical.

On a side note, I've always wondered how they pick applications before the CFAT. I mean, it only took me a week to hear from them, but some people wait months to a year before first contact...

Times vary on a bunch of factors varying from the trades you applied for and their availability, to your level of education and experience.

I also believe it's RC dependent.. and how you interact with the recruiters and people there. Short or tall, fat or small,  impressions are everything, and I feel that if you make a good impression and be completely respectful... itll go faster.

Personally I got lucky in my application process. The RC where I am is by far the best I've been to, and ive been to 4. The staff there i swear, the best of the best. I honestly feel like they cared every step of the way. Never before have i been able to just shoot the poop and just talk casually with the recruiters. My mini "interview" about my cfat score was supposed to be 5 minutes because there were other people there.. but that quickly turned into almost an hour of chatting. My medical lasted 2 hours.. half of it just chatting. They were entirely friendly and professional, and I firmly believe those awesome men and women at my RC played a huge part in the speed of my application.

Anyways, I applied Valentine's day '14 and heard back 4 days later that I was picked for processing. End of April hit and I did my cfat and medical. I had to submit some additional paperwork since I'm v4. I did that literally a day after the medical and the awesome Sergeant who did my medical waited for me to fax him the docs before sending the package as a whole down the line. I then was in limbo till the end of May where a PLAR was started and didn't finish till the end of August. The day it finished I was scheduled for an interview in early September. I completed that, had to redo my references, and get an enhanced check down... and finally got merit listed October 2nd. Not bad for 7 and a half months.

Tl;dr: be respectful, friendly, and patient with your recruiters. Theyre doing everything they can for you, but dont be afraid to call every now and then the check up on things.

Vell said:
Well, closer to 8 months since you applied, but who is counting. At any rate, it took about 7 month for your first contact? That is the longest I have heard so far. So 7 months before you got a single call or email from a human (auto emails don't count) regarding your application? Insane! It took just over 10 month before I went in for my CFAT, but for that phase of the processing, that does not seem abnormal.
Yea well I got my first Cintact last month so I'm still waiting for my interview I email them once in awhile but they never respond so here I am just collecting more certification on some things and just keep exercising just to better my chances when the time comes .....might take up french, at this rate I should be fluent before basic lol

cbucholc said:
Yea well I got my first Cintact last month so I'm still waiting for my interview I email them once in awhile but they never respond so here I am just collecting more certification on some things and just keep exercising just to better my chances when the time comes .....might take up french, at this rate I should be fluent before basic lol

Wow, very unlucky on your RC. You should go in once or twice a week instead of sending emails that won't be replied to or maybe phone instead. Who knows maybe it could speed up your application process. I sent in an email for an appointment 3 days after applying and got a phone call 6 days after applying. Good luck on the process!

well I applied on July 22nd, and my CFAT, medic and interview are all done. (took exactly 3 months) they told me the next selection is November 3rd, and that if my security check is good, there is a possibility that I get an offer October 4th or 5ft. If I don't, the next selection is in January. It all depends on how you score in the CFAT and how in demand your trade is. So if all goes well and I get an offer in November, I would be in st-jean in 1 month approximately and my process would have taken about 4 months total.

Back