• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AOR Replacement & the Joint Support Ship (Merged Threads)

Getting closer

I am surprised that they were even certified without them?
Honestly, with what we're seeing come as 'certified', I take a lot of that with a big grain of salt. Maybe that setup made more sense when it was first designed as a cargo ship, but bit puzzled at why it wouldn't be added when it became a bulk fuel carrier.

Asterix is a pretty good go for young sailors. In floor heating, own heads and shower, laundry service, great WiFi, civi cooks, excellent gym. Then they go a CPF and see the actual RCN and subsequently quit. We have lost quite a few sailors that way.

Shipyard image from Seaspan. They like to show their tradesfolk doing the job.

Shaftline addition is really getting close. Loving this whole thing.
I think a few of those guys were pulled over from VDC. VDC does a lot of shaft pulling and alignments and have a lot of expertise in that area.

Asterix is a pretty good go for young sailors. In floor heating, own heads and shower, laundry service, great WiFi, civi cooks, excellent gym. Then they go a CPF and see the actual RCN and subsequently quit. We have lost quite a few sailors that way.
So give them crap first, then reward them later?

So give them crap first, then reward them later?
Just pointing out the unintended consequences of Asterix to the overall personnel shortfalls we are experiencing. We are still running a Navy here. That being said the JSS will be a good go as well but not to the extent as Asterix.

Back