• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

anyone else getting discouraged?

well, Its Tuesday, Feb 17 and i still have no word. i spoke to my Sgt. Today and he said to call him tomorrow at noon and he‘ll have a definate answer.

Discouraged? I have less than 24 hours to be sworn in, and my file is more than likely still sitting in Borden. Im not discouraged!

In all honesty and sincerity..I was somewhat expecting delays such as these. if i dont make the co-op, Im going to continue my application process and join the reserves outside the school board. Whatever it takes.

Persistance WILL prevail....and if it doesnt :gunner:

CFRC Borden SUX!!! Good thing I don‘t live in Ontario eh. :D

just curious ..how old is everyone here? I‘m pushin 40.

Im 17.

*Update* its now Feb 18 and im sitting here while my buddies are at their swearing in ceremony. My file never went through so now Im left waiting and hoping it comes this Friday. If it doesnt...Im screwed.

Then Im stuck with Weekend BMQ and I‘ve missed this semester of school.

My semester started several weeks ago and its past the date to jump back into courses(if i wanted to get back into courses, it would be delayed another week at the least) I‘ve done it last year, and theres no way i want to do that 1 again. So now Im stuck with finding some half-*** placement at Long and McQuade Music store or a law Firm or something to pick up 4 credits. Just what i wanted....a desk job.

There are spots open at long and McQuade? I like that store :)

I have always wanted to work in a music shop. :D

Im gonna see if I can get a placement there. My co-op teacher is in a pinch so I have a feeling she‘ll be able to get me one there.

At least you have options. As for your plans in the CF, get used to it. You‘ll find yourself in situations that don‘t go as planned from time to time, learn to roll, trust me. Although I‘m still working on that a bit.

yah this is definatly something I‘ve been warned about. Im willing to take my shots and deal with them, but this is a major downer for the time being.

*UPDATE*

Well, its Friday Feb 20th, and my Sgt just called me. My files come in today and im on the course. i‘ve missed my swearing in, but Im going to get sworn in/kitted out and begin the first day of the course on the 24th.

Files recieved every Wednesday and Friday, and today was the very last day for my file to make it in. Talk about cutting it close...

So obviously, im pleased. :D

Congrats man, you joined a very good unit. Maybe even see you down in Aurora sometime, my buddies brother is one of your section commanders.

thanx. So far the guys i‘ve met from the QYR have been great..im looking foreward to it.

I compleated the Cfat on the 18 of Nov and I still have not heard anything from them. I called the recruteing center to finde out what‘s going on and all they could tell me that my medical was in borden and to expect a 6-8 week wate. But If I counted correctly It has been over 8 weeks, give the christmas leave.

Quick question, If your accepted do they notify you by mail or phone?

Yes if your accepted you will be notified by phone by your recruiting center or your home base. If you miss their call, you will recieve a letter where you will have 14 days to respond to, or your application will be terminated. They didn‘t give up till they got a hold of me. Don‘t worry. =)

Back