• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any Sapper Stories from 22 Field Sqn 1977-1985?

Hi Guys;

Just registered on here as Dennisthemenace. Arrived in Gagetown July 1977, myself and the late Drew Nelligan had arrived from Petawawa.

My time at 22 Field Sqn from 1977 - 1981 is definitely the most memorable. Sgt Major Hendricks I remember we were all scared to death of. However we still managed to get into some real messes. Mostly remember hanging out with Payne,Wilson,Fitzpatrick,Lowe,Hartinger, ( arginger) as Cal Taylor used to call him. ( You see Taylor had a hard time pronouncing his Hs).

Funny; I actually reached Paul the other day. Holy Shit...he is a Captain.... Long gone are the days of Heavy Eqpt ...eh Paul...

Of course we had a lad by the name of (not sure the spelling)  but pronouced YOUKNOW. Italien guy...  Well well!!!!

MWO Hendrick called down to Z101 looking for someone but YOUKNOW answered the phone.  We were within an ear shot...Think Stacey was there too. Anyways it was obvious the call was not going well as YOUKNOW kept saying his name and shaking his head in disgust.  It turns out MWO Hendricks wanted to know who answered the phone and of course YOUKNOW answered ITS YOUKNOW....  Well this went on for some time this the MWO repeatingly asking who is on the line.

When , innocently YOUKNOW told Stacey and I that story we were killing ourselves laughing when guess who walks in.  MWO Hendricks.....We all got in shit but it was worth every minute of it.

Do you remember Craig English.....Well went to the pay office with him one day....My ribs got pretty sore when the kept asking him his name and he of course kept responding English....You can imagine the rest....

I know Hartinger is dying to remind you all of the steam ginny story....I will leave him the pleasure at my expense...I deserve it...Thanks Paul...
Must admit I was pretty hung over that morning. ... There now I have an excuse>>>>

Dean Dennis

Who remembers RV81 I was on ojt waiting to go to chillawack for my TQ3 training i was attached to supply trope 2CER CFB Petawawa

Back