• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Another Boring Rant on US Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MagieNoire

KevinB said:
  Moore shapes data - He does not specifically lie - but with editting and casual usage of terms he gives his audience an impression that it not factual or truthful.

Moore isn't the problem. Fat, apathetic sheep posing as Americans is the problem.

The Bush administration didn't report and give out any false information, did they? Oh no! Not Bush. Afterall God Himself talks to Twiggy.

Yeah, the USA is on a mission to free the world! Isn't that grand! Hmmm, where will the great Bush takes us next?

Africa? Nah, no gain in going there. Freedom crusaders for the world. What a crock of crapola and people keep buying it.

Bah, bah, bahhhhhhhhhhhh ... land of the sheep.

MagieNoire said:
Africa? Nah, no gain in going there. Freedom crusaders for the world. What a crock of crapola and people keep buying it.

Humm, I though the USA gives heaps of different types assistance to Africa (agricultural/technical etc), not including the tonnes of US cash for AIDS assistance/prevention/care/drugs/doctors which is a plague throughout Africa in itself.

What do you want done in Africa anyways?

What about the assistance going on in Aceh? The US were the first in!

Wesley H. Allen said:
Humm, I though the USA gives heaps of different types assistance to Africa (agricultural/technical etc), not including the tonnes of US cash for AIDS assistance/prevention/care/drugs/doctors which is a plague throughout Africa in itself.

What do you want done in Africa anyways?

Oh, I dunno. The Bush administration continually changes its reasons for invading Iraq. I think but I'm not sure, lol, they've settled on being freedom crusaders for the world (so they say). I figure they went in to liberate "cough, cough" the Iraqi people, why not run off to Africa.

They have A LOT of mass graves there as well.  :skull:

What do you wanna bet, does the US go to Africa or not? Of course, this is a gentleman's bet. Lol, but you'll have to excuse me, as I'm a lady.

Hehehe, I'm kind of fun, huh?

MagieNoire said:
Hehehe, I'm kind of fun, huh?

That's yet to be determined . I'd like to know how you came by the site? I'm sure you read the forum rules first, then perused a number of posts before you waded in? That being the case, of course, and being able to ascertain the bent of the majority here, I'm curious as to your reasons for your postings. You have not filled in your profile, hence we know nothing about you or your agenda. Before we continue discourse with you, how about filling in the blanks for us. For all intensive purposes and on the face of it, it simply looks like your another Bush basher wishing only to slag what you perceive is bad about your current administration, without confirming any good it's doing. If that's the case, I doubt whether you'll receive many responses.

recceguy said:
That's yet to be determined . I'd like to know how you came by the site? I'm sure you read the forum rules first, then perused a number of posts before you waded in? That being the case, of course, and being able to ascertain the bent of the majority here, I'm curious as to your reasons for your postings. You have not filled in your profile, hence we know nothing about you or your agenda. Before we continue discourse with you, how about filling in the blanks for us. For all intensive purposes and on the face of it, it simply looks like your another Bush basher wishing only to slag what you perceive is bad about your current administration, without confirming any good it's doing. If that's the case, I doubt whether you'll receive many responses.

Actually, I stumbled upon this site quite by mistake. Here you wanna laugh, lol. When I first saw the CA, I thought cool, let's check out what our people in CALIFORNIA think. Oh my, I slay myself, lol. Then I noticed all of the red maple leaves. Oh, too funny and I'm not even a natural blonde. You see, that's the thing isn't it? If one disagrees with the Bush administration, they're a 'Bush Basher".

My understanding of American history is this, when one questions and challenges the actions of its government out of sincere concern, it is 'suppose' to be okay. In the past, it was 'patriotic' to do so. However, now we have entered a new era. The era of 'you're either with us or against us' era. Now, people such as myself are lefties, Bush bashing fools who wouldn't know a good war if it came up and bit them in ***!

No person runs from a fight, when the choice to fight is made from a place of integrity and need.

I'm sorry, the Bush administration has shown me, it comes from neither place.

No, I didn't look over the entire site to plot out my evil mastermind agenda. Once I realized the CA stood for Canada, lol and not California, I wanted to see what Canadians thought in the area of politics. As far as I know, this is the only area I am posting in. I still haven't figured this site out yet. I'm a woman and I live in Las Vegas, NV. I grew up with three brothers and so I guess, I like a heated discussion, lol. No biggie. I can be a little sweetie as well. I'll mind my manners, etc, etc. I will very politely and very lady like um, discuss the political arena.

Anyway, fun is in the eye of the beholder.

As you stated, this remains to be seen.

Magie

PS - Come on! You have to admit the CA = California is too funny.   ;D

MagieNoire said:
However, now we have entered a new era. The era of 'you're either with us or against us' era.

The phrase is likely rooted in the NT. He who is not with me is against me = Matthew 12:30   It is a reflection of our times, even for anarchists with "steel toed boots".

And here I figured the total cold shoulder "the Left" is giving MM should sum up the story; he failed in his quest to unseat the President, so he has outlived his usefulness to the Democrat's "Powers that be".

His crude and simplistic propaganda was probably appropriate for the time and intended audience, but for movie fans who do not have access to Sergi Eisenstien or Leni Riefenstahl and want to see a really gorgious propaganda film, look up "Hero" by director Zhang Yimou, which has the subtle message that Tiawan is also part of China, and even the most ruthless means are admissable to reach that end.

MagieNoire said:
If one disagrees with the Bush administration, they're a 'Bush Basher".
My understanding of American history is this, when one questions and challenges the actions of its government out of sincere concern, it is 'suppose' to be okay. In the past, it was 'patriotic' to do so. However, now we have entered a new era. The era of 'you're either with us or against us' era. Now, people such as myself are lefties, Bush bashing fools who wouldn't know a good war if it came up and bit them in ***!

There is a MASSIVE difference between intelligently questioning and debating the policies of your government, and blindly and maliciously slagging the administration for any and all actions they chose to take.  You're absolutely right that it's patriotic to question ones government when you feel they may be wrong.  There is however NOTHING patriotic about crticizing the government by constantly repeating the praty line; the same tired drivel.  Do some research, find some new material, demonstrate that there is SOMETHING wrong being done.  Be productive.  Then you'll be a patriot.  Otherwise you're just a detractor.

48Highlander said:
There is a MASSIVE difference between intelligently questioning and debating the policies of your government, and blindly and maliciously slagging the administration for any and all actions they chose to take.   You're absolutely right that it's patriotic to question ones government when you feel they may be wrong.   There is however NOTHING patriotic about crticizing the government by constantly repeating the praty line; the same tired drivel.   Do some research, find some new material, demonstrate that there is SOMETHING wrong being done.   Be productive.   Then you'll be a patriot.   Otherwise you're just a detractor.

Um, rather judgemental of you, yes? No? You presume much. How do you know what I have done or do?

It seems, (I could be wrong) that you feel all is well in Disneyland. Let me assure you, it is not.

Party line? Isn't that what the majority of people do? Besides, I'm not a Democrat. I'm an American. An American who doesn't approve of her government's actions. What do you suggest? Shall I join a group of dissatisfied Americans and march on Washington? I've already done this. Shall I write my Congressman? I've already done this. Shall I write into the newspapers/editor? Already have. How about talk radio? Yep, I've called in before. Post in an on online forum? As you can see, I do this as well. Oh, I know, vote! Yeah, I voted. Perhaps, I should be a good lil' sheep and go graze awhile in front of the propaganda box? Face it, what can I really do? So, I rip a one liner here and there about 'The Twigster', so what. Do you think Bush or any of his followers supporters really care? Come on, that's a big nada, zippo, zilch and no. I mean, look at Bush's choices thus far. Does he really care what the world community thinks about him/his policies? Nope. I think it's his arrogance and smugness that irks me the most. He's a puppet to his own party, which by the way, grows further and further away from its roots. In fact, The Twig belongs to a new breed of so called, Republicans.

No, all is not well in Disneyland.

Corporations and greed run everything. It's time to expand and broaden the big, bottomline under the guise of being freedom fighters.

How perfect. Brilliant really. Nothing like getting the people you're screwing to support you while you screw them.

Anyway, it's a new day in Vegas and I have much to do.

One thing you might consider. I haven't attacked anyone here, have I? No, I haven't.

You've heard of the Golden Rule, right? If not, Google it.

Have a great day and cya later.

Sounds like you have some unresolved issues, pobrecita  :crybaby:

Both sides can't win an election... sorry

I know I'll probably draw some fire for this one but that's I think I can deal with that.  I'm assuming that MagieNoire has in fact done all the things she mentioned, I have no reason to not believe her seeing as I don't know the person.  If in fact, she has written her congressman, voted, marched on Washington, etc... then she is in fact a patriotic person simply voicing her opinion, as she said, sure she throws around the one-liners here and there, but I'd really like to meet the person on this site who at one time or another hasn't done likewise when speaking against something they truly dislike.  As far as both parties not being able to win an election, that's definitely true, but what is wrong in arguing for a government that fulfills your wishes, that's what she's saying, she disapproves of what the Bush administration is doing, maybe she doesn't like the leftwing either, maybe she should vote green (do they have a green party in the US?).

Either way all she's doing is voicing her opinion against what she doesn't approve of and has been thoroughly attacked for it, I've seen many names here who've in the past told people to not attack someones opinion for the simple fact that it disagrees with their own do exactly that to this person.  Can we stop having a damn yelling match and instead have a proper civil debate about this? why is it that so few can remain polite when their political views are being questioned by another? come on now, grow up, Take it like a man (or woman) and civilly counter the person with good, founded arguments proving otherwise.

And by the way, wasn't this post about the validity of MM as a documentary film maker (or whatever the hell the goof is)? Where has that part of the argument gone?

Edit by Recceguy:

It's been split off and renamed "Another Boring Rant....."

MagieNoire said:
What do you suggest? Shall I join a group of dissatisfied Americans and march on Washington? I've already done this. Shall I write my Congressman? I've already done this. Shall I write into the newspapers/editor? Already have. How about talk radio? Yep, I've called in before. Post in an on online forum? As you can see, I do this as well. Oh, I know, vote! Yeah, I voted. Perhaps, I should be a good lil' sheep and go graze awhile in front of the propaganda box? Face it, what can I really do? So, I rip a one liner here and there about 'The Twigster', so what. Do you think Bush or any of his followers supporters really care? Come on, that's a big nada, zippo, zilch and no. I mean, look at Bush's choices thus far. Does he really care what the world community thinks about him/his policies? Nope. I think it's his arrogance and smugness that irks me the most. He's a puppet to his own party, which by the way, grows further and further away from its roots. In fact, The Twig belongs to a new breed of so called, Republicans.

I'd much rather see a statement like "I've read the 9/11 comission report front to back" or "I've conducted extensive research on the economic impact of the war on American society" or "I've gathered statistics conclusively demonstrating the negative impact of the war on the Iraqi people".  You think taking part in a march is going to impress anyone here?  Well let me disabuse you of that notion.  We are quite aware that the majority of people taking part in these marches have no clue why they're there.  If you want to walk around yelling and screaming about how "twiggy" is the new Hitler, you go right ahead, just don't expect anyone here to take you seriously after that.  You might think nobody cares when you insult Bush and the US admin, but I certainly do, and I can gaurantee that the staff here will frown upon it.  Your "jokes" look foolish and immature and, even though this isn't an official forum of the Canadian Forces, we do NOT want to be associated with them.  You want to have a logical, inteligent debate about different aspects of US policy, fine.  This board in general isn't intended for politics, however we do have a political threads so there's nothing wrong with holding civilized discussions.  However you will notice that there are no forums entitled "slag-Bush-here", so if your only intent is to make unfounded and petty jabs at the President or the administration I'd suggest you leave before you're removed.

48Highlander said:
I'd much rather see a statement like "I've read the 9/11 comission report front to back" or "I've conducted extensive research on the economic impact of the war on American society" or "I've gathered statistics conclusively demonstrating the negative impact of the war on the Iraqi people".  You think taking part in a march is going to impress anyone here?  Well let me disabuse you of that notion.  We are quite aware that the majority of people taking part in these marches have no clue why they're there.  If you want to walk around yelling and screaming about how "twiggy" is the new Hitler, you go right ahead, just don't expect anyone here to take you seriously after that.  You might think nobody cares when you insult Bush and the US admin, but I certainly do, and I can gaurantee that the staff here will frown upon it.  Your "jokes" look foolish and immature and, even though this isn't an official forum of the Canadian Forces, we do NOT want to be associated with them.  You want to have a logical, inteligent debate about different aspects of US policy, fine.  This board in general isn't intended for politics, however we do have a political threads so there's nothing wrong with holding civilized discussions.  However you will notice that there are no forums entitled "slag-Bush-here", so if your only intent is to make unfounded and petty jabs at the President or the administration I'd suggest you leave before you're removed.

I wasn't aware that I had to impress you, oh great one. I didn't realize this was an agree with us, or get lost, or we will REMOVE you site.

I watched the entire (9/11 commission)   sham and read it as well. Big deal and goody, goody for me.   Oh I listen to you and your mentality all of the time. Like I said, it's a new era. I don't agree with you, so I don't count. Yeah, right-o. I did stay on topic. I said, MM was basically full of it but the Bush administration was just as or more full of it. I see, the only way to discuss anything here is if I AGREE with the general consensus. I have NOT attacked a single person at this website. Yet, you feel entitled to do so with regard to me. Double standards must be the standard here. Bush and his corporate flunkies are hardly Hitler, not even close. What is happening with MY government and others is much more subtle. No freaky, way out looney tunes conspiracy. Those are a waste of time. Still, MY government no longer represents what America is suppose to be about.

You love Bush so much, why not take him to Canada.

Lol, as far as the steel toed remark. Give me a break. I certainly am about as nonviolent as they come. I'm sure none of you EVER make wise cracks like mine. Nah, not you guys. Well, I met one kind person who seemed fair and so this site wasn't a total wash. The gentleman (I might add) is from Australia. I believe his name is Wes. Anyway, a big thank you to Wes. It was nice chatting with you and I appreciate your kindness and respect. Good luck in your new paradise, it looks fabulous!

As for you, sir. Good day.

I will be the first to agree with you, MagieNoire. I really love this site but I've seen now on a few occasions how people that don't always agree get in trouble. It hasn't really been a big problem really, but it does seem to be a recurring trend.

As far as your feelings about 48Highlander, without too much detail, I agree completely.. but will leave it there to not start anything up.

MagieNoire said:
Still, MY government no longer represents what America is suppose to be about.

His re-election seems to have you in a minority over there

MagieNoire said:
You love Bush so much, why not take him to Canada.

I'd love to. Might add some backbone to our government.

recceguy said:
I'd love to. Might add some backbone to our government.

Woah woah .. wait a minute.

Backbone..? Canada..? Government..? Add..?

Alright, forgive the Family Guy style thing there, but we won't see anything close to a backbone until we drive the Liberals out of Canada and into the Atlantic ocean.

Still, MY government no longer represents what America is suppose to be about.

I think it does...Its just that people like yourself see that the U.S. is a free and prosperous nation but forget that there is a pricetag to go along with that.

I also believe that the Lefties are actaully a minority...Its just that no one ever bothers to report on George W being popular because whiners make much better press.

Slim

recceguy said:
His re-election seems to have you in a minority over there

By a very narrow margin. The division in our country is very disheartening.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -- Thomas Jefferson

TJ, the American people have not been vigilant. Now, Americans along with the world will pay a price. Sad but true.

Yeah, re-election, sure whatever you say. What does it matter anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back