• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Weapons Controllers?

Really funny stuff... ;D Seems like just because I am not property of the DND yet that I am not allowed to have an opinion on anything, even if it is something I'm familiar with like Air Traffic Control. I sure hope he does know more about serving in the army, seeing as I'm a civilian.

Anyways, if you want to know where I'm at, I'm in the recruiting process right now and my first choice is pilot, and my second is ATC. I'm also talking with NavCan too. I'd be happy getting either choice with the CF, I'm a strong supporter of the military  :cdn:

strongchristian said:
Really funny stuff... ;D Seems like just because I am not property of the DND yet that I am not allowed to have an opinion on anything, even if it is something I'm familiar with like Air Traffic Control.

It's not your experience as an ATC I'm questioning. You made a statement about relationships between Privates and Sergeants. If you don't know what your talking about, don't. I know that if you join you'll find out first hand about that relationship, feel free to question your Sergeant's maturity with him at that point. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to enlighten you.

strongchristian neither Ammotech90, recceguy, or I would dare to presume to do, or to tell you how to do, your job as a ATC, civvy or military. If you're qualified to be in that tower then I'm going to presume/trust that you know what you're doing up there and leave it at that. I/we would never come up and begin offering advice on how to do YOUR job. We do try to stay within our respective arcs, here and in the real world.

Perhaps you should consider the same. You have made statements here and assumptions that it is obvious you know little about and been counselled/corrected by those that do.
(feel to check out our respective profiles for our credentials in this regard).

Judy,

Re: dark side. As it happens, in another 12 hours I'll be neither. After 28 years, I'm retiring- this is my last shift.

May see you at the mess anyways- I'll be the old fat bald guy in the corner.

Cheers-Garry

Judy,

Re: dark side. As it happens, in another 12 hours I'll be neither. After 28 years, I'm retiring- this is my last shift.

Cheers-Garry

Congrats Garry!!

28 years is an impressive run by any standard,

Good luck   :salute:

ps - this should give you more time to post on the forums  ;)

Seems like just because I am not property of the DND yet that I am not allowed to have an opinion on anything,

Of course your intitled to one.

Your opinion on the military however has about as much weight behind it as my opinion about being an air traffic controller does. I'm sure you get the point.

strongchristian said:
I probably know more about Air traffic control than you "ammo tech."  :p :p :pI've been in ATC towers and I'm a pilot. I wasn't talking about anything going on in this thread, but I'm just aware of how complex the ATC job is and I'm just hoping the Air force are as good at training new people as Nav Canada is. I'm currently in the application process for both the civilian and military ATC jobs.

And I probably know more about ammo than you, how is that relevant?  I would like to know where I mentioned anything about your knowledge of air traffic control?
I specifically mentioned infantry and the military, things I'm pretty sure I know more about than you.  I was hoping that you could make the link between these two things and the people, institutions, cultures I was referring to later on in the same sentence.  If you couldn't, then I suggest boning up on reading comprehension before your CFAT.
As well if you weren't talking about anything going on in this thread then how do you explain this:

Garry:  The "ribbing" will get worse when you get on Squadron, and much worse if you ever make it to the Mess.
You:  Why? Friendly ribbing I can see, but I would be disappointed if experienced AEC weren't professional and helpful to the new people. I'm expecting alot more maturity than what you see with privates and drill sargeants starting in the infantry.

That line is the one that I and several others have issues with.  I am still waiting for you (an aspiring officer and leader) to explain your opinion about infantry considering you have no experience with things military.

Another question, why did you put ammo tech in quotes?  You do know that it is a trade right?

BTW, Garry congrats on your retirement, enjoy it!

I'm sorry you still have so many issues with it, I already explained myself and I don't give a crap anymore. Thanks Judy for the informative PM.

Why? Friendly ribbing I can see, but I would be disappointed if experienced AEC weren't professional and helpful to the new people. I'm expecting alot more maturity than what you see with privates and drill sargeants starting in the infantry.

'Beg your pardon?

Listen, meltdown waiting to happen, until you understand what a Sgt. is I suggest that you zip it.

Some of us have earned the privilege, to fill our profile, with the rank and trade that you so confidently criticize.

dileas

tess

strongchristian said:
I'm sorry you still have so many issues with it, I already explained myself and I don't give a crap anymore. Thanks Judy for the informative PM.

You've explained nothing.  But feel free to continue making unsubstantiated statements.

strongchristian I suggest you read the Forum Guidelines, especially the part about respect between users. You have not shown that so this is your freebie. Once more and you get a Verbal.

Expectation of Respect between Users

All visitors, regardless of age, rank or experience are to be treated as equal unless their conduct dictates otherwise. That means the veteran servicemember and the green private are to assume that they have as much to benefit from the other as they have to offer the other until a reason to contrary is made known. Age, nor number of years excuses anyone from behaving in a manner that isn't civil and polite.

Soo... About those Air Weapons Controllers.... (I think that was the intent of this topic.)

Has the "hole" been vacated yet in North Bay?

Garry said:
Judy,

Cheers-Garry

Garry - Congrats - that's really commendable.  Hope to see you in the mess.

Zoomie said:
Soo... About those Air Weapons Controllers.... (I think that was the intent of this topic.)

Has the "hole" been vacated yet in North Bay?

Not yet Zoomie - not for awhile.  They have to run dual ops for awhile - to get people qualified on the new system above ground, while still running the one below ground.  The date is always being pushed back - as per usual!

And yes - my topic seems to have been lost. Oh well - no replies from anyone air weapons anyway.

Garry said:
Judy,

Cheers-Garry

Garry,

You retired?  What no message? When was the party?  First Josee leaves and now you are gone.  There's no pretty faces left in the tower.  Good luck at your new job as a "switch monkey" (I was talking to Getch).

Rob D. aka Air4ce

Hey Rob!

Was wondering who "Air4ce" was  :)

Message must have gone out, been getting loads of calls and e-mails, but I think those things are primarily off Wing messages.

We were sad to lose Hozer, she was a breath of fresh air for sure.

and thanks, I'll be around.

Cheers-Garry

The hole is still fully operational...in fact i had a tour less than 4 weeks ago!!!

Back