• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Force Forage Cap

CDN Aviator said:
You need to change MOC then.......

When FAA returns I will... if not I shall stick to my modified 10year plan. If THAT doesn't work... well I guess I'll have to stick with this MOC :)

benny88 said:
Haha, seen. But maybe if I look good enough people will assume I know what I'm doing.

Hahahaha :) image is everything.

MedTech said:
When FAA returns I will...

You might be waiting a *really* long time: AFAIK, the "Fleet Air Arm" is specific to the UK, in Canada  the term was purposefully avoided in favour of just  "Naval Aviation" (although it may have been used unofficially by some).

Back on topic ...

Aden_Gatling said:
You might be waiting a *really* long time: AFAIK, the "Fleet Air Arm" is specific to the UK, in Canada  the term was purposefully avoided in favour of just  "Naval Aviation" (although it may have been used unofficially by some).

Back on topic ...

and hence I said I'll stick with my modified 10year plan mate ;D

I'm considering forming mine to not look so "busdriverish" Could someone post a photo of one that's properly formed?

benny88 said:
I'm considering forming mine to not look so "busdriverish" Could someone post a photo of one that's properly formed?

A-AD-265-000/AG-001 Chapter 2 Section 1

31. CF items of clothing shall not be altered or modified, except to obtain a reasonable fit, or to convert service dress jackets to doublets as authorized in Chapter 6.

What about forming berets? I see your point, but is altering peaked hats not pretty common though?

KJL said:
Reasonable fit I think are the key words there
  I think its reasonable to modify the peak cap so your David Clark's will fit over.... ;D ;D

I was just on logistik today to try and order a new peaked cap but I don't see it in my catalog anymore. I can't help but wonder if they finally did away with.

There goes half my motivation to be in an air force uniform right there. :P

It appears our head-dress options are diminishing... not only was the forage cap missing from my catalogue, but so was my turban!! 

duffman said:
... not only was the forage cap missing from my catalogue, but so was my turban!! 

Mine too. Shame, I always liked entertaining the notion that could become a Sikh if I so desired.

Turban is gone form mine too. But I could order a black/scarlet/maroon beret if I wanted too.  ;D

Well, I bet if you counted how many turbans and Service Caps were ordered in relation to the total # of CF mbr's that would be authorized to wear the things...there would be a small...difference??  ;D

So in the end, those items being unavailable is really just doing the best thing for Sam and Susie Taxpayer, our bosses  ;)

I just ordered a service cap last month  ??? Guess I got it just in time. I heard they did the math and saw that a few hundred turbans had been ordered and about 100 sikhs had enlisted and got all pissed off and took it off the website, but thats just a rumour. Perhaps ArmyVern can shed some light?

the removal of the service cap/forage cap/'pick a name' cap is probably based on rank.  I am not sure and would have to check CFP265 but I don't think the Air Force ranks below CWO are authorized to even wear the bugger.

I haven't seen one of those on a Zoomie for years now.  ;D

Back