• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AESOp ( MOC 081)

Just wanted to share. I've been wearing blue now since last week! Everyone is so used to seeing me in green, it's funny to see their reactions. I feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders....can't wait to get loaded on course and start learning. Starting to study up on some MET stuff in the meantime to get my brain working out again. Now just continue to wait for the course loading message. Hopefully on the next one coming up.  ;D :nod: :cdn:

TUNETOG said:
I feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders....

Ya, I think it is called "full marching order".  Something else that will become "a fond memory"...

Ref courses...

It is a bit out of sequence, but what about doing the Distance Learning Basic EW Course (DL BEW)?  I did DL BEW before I went on the 3s and 5s.

If you are interested, try going to the DIN Winnipeg site, under AFTC (Air Force Training Center...or used to be).  Look for a link to CFSAS (CF School of Aerospace Studies) and then Course Solicitation Messages.  See if there is a DL BEW serial running soon.  If there is and you are interested, and spots are open you might be able to get course loaded.  It is a required course for us.  The 'in house' course is 1 week long and, from what other guys told me, a bit of a fire-house.  The DL course was 3 months when I did it around '08.

You can also find the BEW Manual there (.pdf). 

Ref MET..did you find the CF Weather Manual (or something like that for the name...) and Workbook?  Good start on MET and official CAF trg material.

You might find yourself on the 1 week long Basic Air Environmental Qual (BAEQ) course too.  Enjoy that...meet some new people, learn how to fluff your pillow and some new definitions (Army, PT = physical training.  Air Force, PT = personal time  ;D) and stuff like that.

Welcome to the blue side of the world!

Eye In The Sky said:
Ya, I think it is called "full marching order".  Something else that will become "a fond memory"...

Ref courses...

It is a bit out of sequence, but what about doing the Distance Learning Basic EW Course (DL BEW)?  I did DL BEW before I went on the 3s and 5s.
Already did BEW while I was waiting for my CT. Though I should review again for a refresher, as memory dump often occurs when not using the knowledge learned.
Ref MET..did you find the CF Weather Manual (or something like that for the name...) and Workbook?  Good start on MET and official CAF trg material.
Yes I have the RCAF Manual with workbook. Sent to me by a former colleague who is now at the school.
You might find yourself on the 1 week long Basic Air Environmental Qual (BAEQ) course too.  Enjoy that...meet some new people, learn how to fluff your pillow and some new definitions (Army, PT = physical training.  Air Force, PT = personal time  ;D) and stuff like that.
I was wondering about this as it shows up on the forces jobs website about the trade. I wasn't sure if it just got integrated into the 3's course or if it was it's own beast as anyone in the RCAF would have to do it. Is it a requirement before 3's, or can it be done afterwards? I'll need to get loaded on that ASAP if I want in on the April 3's if being a requirement is the case.
Welcome to the blue side of the world!
Hey, thanks!
::) :cdn:

TUNETOG said:
Just wanted to share. I've been wearing blue now since last week! Everyone is so used to seeing me in green, it's funny to see their reactions. I feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders....can't wait to get loaded on course and start learning. Starting to study up on some MET stuff in the meantime to get my brain working out again. Now just continue to wait for the course loading message. Hopefully on the next one coming up.  ;D :nod: :cdn:

Good luck.

Keep an open mind and you will do fine.  I'll be waiting for you here at 404.

Just remember no one likes it "dry"!  For a good time you need to get "wet"....

Dolphin_Hunter said:
Good luck.

Keep an open mind and you will do fine.  I'll be waiting for you here at 404.

Just remember no one likes it "dry"!  For a good time you need to get "wet"....

8)

Apptitude? 

Authorized PED?

The damn toaster is unplugged...

TUNETOG, any chance I could get a copy of the weather manual/workbook? Is there an electronic copy avail, or is it only hard copy?

Cheers.

Spectrum said:
TUNETOG, any chance I could get a copy of the weather manual/workbook? Is there an electronic copy avail, or is it only hard copy?

Cheers.

PM sent

Just got enrolled as an AESOP and my wife had some questions and I wasn't sure of the answers.

1-After BMQ, will it be possible to live with my wife on base or near the base where my basic occupational qualification training (24 weeks in Winnipeg) and specialty training (24 weeks in Shearwater) or will she have to find an appartment by herself off-base?

2- Is there a delay between BMQ and the other Training?

3-If possible, what to I have to do to be able to live together? What are the delays to get a DND logding unit?

Thanks

You will get to live with your wife - you will be posted to Winnipeg.  Expect delays between BMQ and all the phases of your training.  I have fresh out of the box Aviators-awaiting-AESOP training working for me right now.

xoulliam said:
Just got enrolled as an AESOP and my wife had some questions and I wasn't sure of the answers.

congrats!

1-After BMQ, will it be possible to live with my wife on base or near the base where my basic occupational qualification training (24 weeks in Winnipeg) and specialty training (24 weeks in Shearwater) or will she have to find an appartment by herself off-base?

Eagle Eye View is a current AES Op instructor in Winnipeg, hopefully he will be along to cover the current 'way of doing things' in Winnipeg. 

Ref the part about the 'specialty training' in Shearwater...did you already get told you would be going Maritime Helicopter?  If so...unusual.

It might (must?) have changed some from when I went thru CFANS/1 CFFTS/402 Sqn based on what Ditch posted.  Direct entry AES Op - Jr's were posted to Winnipeg but didn't get a cost move of their D HG and E (Dependant, Household Goods and Effects) until after they had completed both the QL3 (BAQC) and QL5 (IAQC) courses, were Wings grad AES Ops and then were proceeding to their first posting to (usually) Greenwood, Shearwater, Comox or Pats Bay.  Upon graduation of the QL5 IAQC, people were told where they were posted and received their posting message shortly thereafter.

Rather than re-stating a bunch of stuff...lots of good info already in this thread.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/22838/post-1213604.html#msg1213604

3-If possible, what to I have to do to be able to live together? What are the delays to get a DND logding unit?
Thanks

Delays in getting a PMQ when you are posted could be if there are any units available, when you are 'posted' with a cost move (usually not until you have attained "Career Status" and aren't restricted from moving your D HG & E.  Career Status for NCMs is defined at the link below.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-benefits-relocation/2014-directive-amend-ch-1.page

1.1.03 Eligibility application

The following are entitled to relocation benefits under the CFIRP:
•Regular Force members who are posted and Reserve Force members who accept a period of Class "B" or "C" service employment, as per Chapter 13, who are authorized to move their (D) HG&E from one place of duty to another only when the new residence is at least 40 kilometres closer to the new place of duty than the current residence.

(Limitation) CF members who enrol or re-enrol, or transfer from the Reserve Force to the Regular Force, and have not successfully completed basic military occupation or trade training or its equivalent for the occupation or trade for which they enroll, re-enroll or transfer are not entitled to relocation benefits under the CFIRP, unless they:
•have graduated from a Canadian miitary college during their current period of Regular Force service;
•have graduated from a civilian university for which their education was paid by the Canadian Forces during their current period of Regular Force service;
•are a dental, medical or legal office who has successfully completed basic officer training; or
•are a Chaplain recruit, who by virtue of their ecclesiastical mandate received by their respective religious authority, is authorized to exercise pasatoral care.

(TB amended 16 September 2014)
--------------------------

Mods, perhaps a merge with the Aesop (MOC 081) thread?

Eye In The Sky said:
Okay, so Wings after QL5.  I'm assuming OFP will remain "QL5", and spec pay will remain QL5 as well.  This makes a lot of sense now.  Hopefully the QSWB will include a MH type from both the TE and line Sqns, an ASO from the TE and line Sqns, and a NASO from the TE and line Sqns as well.

EEV

Any word yet on the QSWB dates/composition?  I will be done of Fat Camp and back at homeplate early in the new FY, was thinking it would be an opportunity to provide input from current ops perspectives into the new trg for pre-wing types.

We're looking at early to mid April timeframe, right after our spring break. 2 CAD CWO is running the show on this one, however I don't think they'll be much change required from the last QS. The big change will be for us when we re-write the TP.

Ditch said:
You will get to live with your wife - you will be posted to Winnipeg.  Expect delays between BMQ and all the phases of your training.  I have fresh out of the box Aviators-awaiting-AESOP training working for me right now.

Cool Thanks for the info!

xoulliam said:

Thanks

Here is the reply from Eagle Eye View, he is an AES Op Warrant Officer who is instructing baby AES OPs in Winnipeg (for some reason he couldn't reply to the post).

Yes there's delay between BMQ and your BAQC, however you can take that time to complete the following courses BSERE, AMT, Sea survival and BEW. AMT & Sea survival courses must be completed before being course loaded onto IAQC. Despite the fact it might take awhile to get course loaded onto BAQC, once you complete it, IAQC will follow soon after. In other words the 2 courses are run back to back.

With regards to MH, as of now who knows when the CH-148 OTU will start (we were told up to 2 years?), so I would expect until then that the new AES Ops will go to LRP as either NASO, ASO or WOPS/ESS as first posting.

You will be allowed to live with your wife and apply for a PMQ, however like mentioned earlier you won't get a cost move until you get Wing qualified. If you decide to live in the barracks, you will be paying Ration & quarters iaw the policy (which I don't necessarily agree with).

Eye In The Sky said:
Here is the reply from Eagle Eye View, he is an AES Op Warrant Officer who is instructing baby AES OPs in Winnipeg (for some reason he couldn't reply to the post).

Yes there's delay between BMQ and your BAQC, however you can take that time to complete the following courses BSERE, AMT, Sea survival and BEW. AMT & Sea survival courses must be completed before being course loaded onto IAQC. Despite the fact it might take awhile to get course loaded onto BAQC, once you complete it, IAQC will follow soon after. In other words the 2 courses are run back to back.

With regards to MH, as of now who knows when the CH-148 OTU will start (we were told up to 2 years?), so I would expect until then that the new AES Ops will go to LRP as either NASO, ASO or WOPS/ESS as first posting.

You will be allowed to live with your wife and apply for a PMQ, however like mentioned earlier you won't get a cost move until you get Wing qualified. If you decide to live in the barracks, you will be paying Ration & quarters iaw the policy (which I don't necessarily agree with).

Nice! That's some good info. I'm very excited to be enrolled! Hope to join you guys soon enough!

xoulliam said:
Nice! That's some good info. I'm very excited to be enrolled! Hope to join you guys soon enough!

You are on your way to becoming a proud member of the best NCM trade available.  Keep your head up and out of the shit!  Before you know it you will be bitching about hotel rooms and box lunches with the rest of us.

Congrats and good luck.

Eye In The Sky said:
Ref the part about the 'specialty training' in Shearwater...did you already get told you would be going Maritime Helicopter?  If so...unusual.

I just forgot to write down Greenwood also, sorry about the confusion!

Back