• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aerospace Control questions

JonCL

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello there, I'm considering applying for for the Aerospace Control trade as a DEO. One thing that I'm concerned about is the length of time it takes to finish the security check. I've taught english in Korea for a year, and work in foreign countries seems to greatly delay the process. I've read that some people said they've been told it can take as long as two years to complete. This sounds pretty crazy to me, and I was wondering if anyone who've already passed their security check can tell me how long it took for them? Also, any other information on the length of the application process would be helpful.

Thanks!
Jon

Experience shows that level 2 security checks can take up to 18 months irrespective of who you are or where you've been. However, your AEC training will not be delayed because of this. It is not unusual for candidates to show up for occupational training at CFSACO without the "pre-requisite" level 2 clearance and we accept that as a training risk. Your security clearance, or lack thereof to be precise, would only become an issue once you proceed on operational training at a field unit. We have only had one student where the lack of a secuurity clearance almost delayed operational training but determined efforts to expedite the file paid off.

Suffice to say I would not let concerns over a security clearance affect your decision on an occupation. More so for the fact that all officer occupations require a level 2 clearance.

Aerospaced_out said:
Experience shows that level 2 security checks can take up to 18 months irrespective of who you are or where you've been. However, your AEC training will not be delayed because of this. It is not unusual for candidates to show up for occupational training at CFSACO without the "pre-requisite" level 2 clearance and we accept that as a training risk. Your security clearance, or lack thereof to be precise, would only become an issue once you proceed on operational training at a field unit. We have only had one student where the lack of a secuurity clearance almost delayed operational training but determined efforts to expedite the file paid off.

Suffice to say I would not let concerns over a security clearance affect your decision on an occupation. More so for the fact that all officer occupations require a level 2 clearance.

Hem...to add to that (don't quote me please), if you know someone who knows someone who can call DMP-Secur 2, things can go very fast. A few years ago, someone high up in my org called the CFPM himself, and 30 minutes later my clearance was granted.

Just saying...

I just wanna know the basics? I do course in Cornwall? Correct? Where  do AC Ops uaually go from there and do I have a say in where im posted?

pugilist said:
do I have a say in where im posted?

You do but only in the sense that they will ask you where you would like to go. Where you are actualy posted is, in the end, not your decision.

Back