• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A few questions.

MUMFORDNBOMBS

Inactive
Reaction score
I recently submitted my application to the forces,
went through background, aptitude, and I'm doing medical and interview in the next few weeks..

I chose Combat Engineer, now..  ever since people have found this out they keep telling me how dangerous of a job it is..  is that the case?

Also does the Canadian Forces still issue Identity Discs? (Dog tags)

MUMFORDNBOMBS said:
I chose Combat Engineer, now..  ever since people have found this out they keep telling me how dangerous of a job it is..  is that the case?

You can go through this site and judge for yourself: http://www.cbc.ca/ns/features/fallen-soliders/index.html

Also ask yourself, how many of these people have any CF experience, and how many were Sappers?

MUMFORDNBOMBS said:
Also does the Canadian Forces still issue Identity Discs? (Dog tags)

Yes.

With few exceptions, most jobs in the CF can include an element of danger.  The reason we're not losing people everyday is because we invest a lot of time and energy in training people to do things in the safest way possible.

If you are getting in as a Cbt Engineer expect to be deployed quite often especially if we, cbt arms, are required. Yes it is a dangerous job but that is why you spend hours upon hours training for different situations and aspects of the job. As previously mentioned most jobs within the forces are dangerous but good leadership and job knowledge greatly reduces the risk of things going awry!

Also the Combat Engineer's are one of only four jobs in the Army that is on the "pointy end" most often. Armored, Artillery, and Infantry are the other three. The four jobs together are usually referred to as the "Combat Arms"

Pusser said:
With few exceptions, most jobs in the CF can include an element of danger.  The reason we're not losing people everyday is because we invest a lot of time and energy in training people to do things in the safest way possible.

This seems to be the Canadian way generally.

dinicthus said:
This seems to be the Canadian way generally.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but there is a reason why we don't do "over the top" attacks a la World War One.

Doing things in the safest possible manner can still be dangerous. It can still get people killed.

The enemy has a say in what we do.

No sarcasm. Excellent and thorough training is one of the hallmarks of Canada in any field.

Back