• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

82 Pattern Rucksack Thread- Merged

I would LOVE a reference on this CANFORGEN...I can see it now:

"The weight of the total soldiers rucksack shall not exceed more then XX% of their total body weight. This weight is separate from and shall not include the following:

- The Tactical Vest (fully loaded)
    - Extra Ammunition
    - Section Stores/Weapons
    - Any other items deemed necessary as directed by the Sergeant-major (full sandbags, cement mixers, spare socks, foot powder, etc...)"

I got a 82 pattern rucksack (surplused with a D) and all the plastic parts are black.

Anyone have history on these? Were they R&D models, samples, a rushed order when they ran out of OD hardware?

82 pattern pack?

Ruck sack
Butt pack

what kind of pack are we talking about?

will it matter?
I'll let you know after all the questions have been answered

..aren't they all black? The only item I've ever seen from the '82 Pattern web set with green buckles was the web belt. Even then it varied.

Nope, and that is why I asked  ::)

Black on my NBC pack and Rucksack.

Green on my older rucksack, everything else I've seen and/or owned.

Ahh... the joys of dealing with the supplier who is the lowest bider....

YoshinRyu said:
Nope, and that is why I asked  ::)

Black on my NBC pack and Rucksack.

Green on my older rucksack, everything else I've seen and/or owned.

Here's the best part, they can't jack you up if the item was issued to you like it  ;D.

geo said:
Ahh... the joys of dealing with the supplier who is the lowest bider....
That being said, what labels are on the green buckles? I have FASTEX and NSN's on the black ones on my NBC bag..so who gave out the green ones?

was looking at an 82 ruck & a patrol pack
quick release buckles are pert much all in black
the small tie down buckles are green on the 82 & black on the patrol pack

Or, the person who had it before you changed the buckles.  Perhaps replacing ones that broke.

On his own dime?

I don't think so......

This conversation is a waste of time...who cares what colour the buckles are as long as they are servicable

riggermade said:
This conversation is a waste of time...who cares what colour the buckles are as long as they are servicable

+1

Just like the thread about the M203 being black and the C7A2 being green...... ::)

The original ones were green. They were in a softer plastic for some reason, and often deformed.

The butt pack originally and rucksack originally had the ladder-lock type for closing the flaps. I changed mine (yes, on my own dime - big spender that I am) for black quick-release ones.

Black's available commercially. The green ones in funny plastic were not, hence this probably became a supply/cost thing.

Hi

I am looking for the information specs that came with the 82 pattern ruck sack.  If anyone can provide this information that would be great.

Thanks,
Brad :cdn:

Back