• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

5 year history references question

GfShifty

Inactive
Reaction score
Good Day

I have ran into a road block and see advice on how to continue forward. I have visited my local reserve recruiting offices and received my application package . I have completed my FORCE test and passed handed in my package . We went over it , the only problem I have it that I don't have anyone to cover my 5 year history references required in the application package . The recruiter informed me that the office will not process this application unless I can fill this in .. I'm 32 years old first Nation who has never had a family doc or can find a school teacher that is still working, most jobs that I have worked at are fast turn around job like janitor work or security . I will not use family member as they say not to .. I will not lie on my application or use not correct info .. If anyone that can point me in the right direction that would help a lot .. sorry if has been answered . I have tried to look around for a bit .. cant find a solution .. so I registered today

Thanks Jesse

Welcome to Army.ca, GfShifty

Did you look at The " Reference" Superthread- Merged http://army.ca/forums/threads/12763.0.html?

Thank you Loachman for the superthread .. I do believe I had a look at that thread , I will read through it to see if I can find anything on my situation. If I cant find a clear answer I will inform on this thread

Thanks GfShifty

Just posting this so people know what part im talking about .. If I can find anyone that i can contact and use them i would . But all old co-workers and managers or supervisors are no longer working there that i can contact. Can not use friends or family.

Personal Data Verification
References
( Provide the following information for four (4) valid references whom we can contact. Reference checks will be made and some or all of the following
information will be confirmed: your honesty, reliability and maturity; your performance under stress; your ability to get along with supervisors and coworkers;
your personal strengths and weaknesses. The references provided must be able to provide information covering the last five (5) years or to
age 16 (whichever comes first).)

If you want to generate further discussion, I'd suggest posting in The " Reference" Superthread- Merged. Only Recruiters, DS, a couple of other approved people can respond in the "Ask a CAF Recruiter" thread. I shall merge this thread into The " Reference" Superthread- Merged after a Recruiter has responded. That may take a while, as there are only a couple of them.

Once again I thank you Loachman for your advice and info .. If it takes some time, that OK by me ..
Thanks GfShifty

Excellent attitude. You should do well. Your success will be our success.

GfShifty said:
Personal Data Verification
References
( Provide the following information for four (4) valid references whom we can contact. Reference checks will be made and some or all of the following
information will be confirmed: your honesty, reliability and maturity; your performance under stress; your ability to get along with supervisors and coworkers;
your personal strengths and weaknesses. The references provided must be able to provide information covering the last five (5) years or to
age 16 (whichever comes first).)

Your missing some "key" information here.  You don't need to have known them individually for the full 5 years.  You can use 2-3 references, the only criteria, is that you must "cover" the entire previous 5 year period, with NO gaps.

Back