• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

411 mechanic Reg. Force

baraccuda112

Inactive
Reaction score
i em thinking of goign 411 mechanic Reg. force. is there any body out there that is a 411 and is regforce and can tell me what the training is like and just about it. i em a automechanic apprentice full time plus infantry reserve. thanks for your replys

Hey,not exactly 411,I'm 421,same branch,different trade,but alot of our trg is similar.
Upon arriving in Borden,you'll have to do a CET-common EME Trg.Basically a intro to the branch and a little fieldcraft.
Then its off to CETT-Common EME Tech Trg.Hand tools,shop math and bench work.
Then its BDT and Air Brakes.
Finally its your QL3.-mine was 6 months and I think the 411 is the same length.
Can't saw for sure,but a friend of mine was a 3 rd year apprentice mech and he came in as a CFN 3.didn't skip any trg,but had that extra bit of cash.Seeing as your in already,you'll get time on promotion and pension anyways,so your laughing.
Don't expect to skip any training,with the exception of BDT(basic driver training).I came from the reserves(I was a Mbdr)and a civilian machinist,and still had to learn how to light a stove and how to tap a hole......lol.

thanks for the post looking for into on how the course is run also if there is any one out there with info eg if it run like an infanrty course with tunes of yelling then again arnt all army course like that?

The CET was(when I took it)was your atypical army,yelling and push-up course.All other courses were pretty relaxed.Once your on the Technical courses,they concentrate on you learning your job,not if you have lint on your beret.
Now thats not to say discipline is'nt enforced,but you have alot of technical info to learn,so they tone it down.

thanks but is there any one out theere that is in borden doing the course or has just compleated it?

Here's a suggestion.  Contact the Maintenance Platoon at a local Reserve Service Battalion.  The standards for training are similar for the Reg and Res 411's.  There is no difference between a brake job completed by a Reg or Res tech.  I think the most significant difference is that the Reg F tech trains to repair a wider range of kit. 

Good luck with your career.  There is a real demand for soldiers who can bend wrenches.

hey 48

Im from the 25 Service battalion in toronto. the number for our recruiting line is 416 633 6200 ext 2996 Leave a message on the machine stating your name and the purpose for your call and sometime this week ill get your contact information and put you in touch with some of the 411's we have on staff.

thanks for the info all give a call mabe tommrow if i get time off any one else with some info? thanks

I got your message and im sending the contact info to a 411 for ya

Oi

What's going on here?????

hehe good on ya 48th, just be careful of 'em other units that have a numeral on their epaulets.

tess

BTW I will see if I can make it for this Friday.

I was reserve infantry and then went reg v tech, cet / sq is a joke, cett is useful, the 3,s course is long, very long and could easily be compressed into 4 months from around 7. if u can get your journeyman's ticket on the outside and then do your component transfer u save yourself a very huge amount of wasted time: from transfer to finishing your 5's as a cfn, rct school bypass ql3 your looking at 3-5 years as an ojt,plus u get treated like a half wit to boot until your 5's qualified. If u get in as a journeyman, they might give u your 5's right away and probably your cpl's as well, a lot less hassle.

Back