• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

30 Day Waiver Voluntary Release with 17 years in

DNDFF

Inactive
Reaction score
Curious, Anyone familiar with DmilC current? I am waiting for a VR with  the 30 day waiver as I have a Offer with a City Fire Service. I am in my 17th year and understand that getting this waiver has a lot to do with PML. That being said as our trade is around the 98%, My chain is supporting it as much as they can as Managers. I just have the fear of being denied. looking for anyone with some advice or previous experience with this kind of stuff?

I had someone try to do this before, Career Managers will require proof of employment. The individual in question just needed to produce a letter from the employer stating they were hired to start on a certain date, and the CM was willing to let him go (this was a yellow trade at the time).

I hear so many different scenarios, My CoC has been fantastic and I know that they have to keep the strength of the trade in mind but to be completely honest they are very supportive with the idea. I am waiting for all of my appointments with my CO next week but definitely have a Offer from the City and I am hoping with my TI, as well as my family situation with my Wifes career yada yada they will take it into consideration. 600 applicants and 6 offers this was winning the lottery for my family and I.  That being said I don't know the DmilC side so thank you for the insight.

I think you'll find that if your CoC is supporting you, so will your CM. Its your CoC that is going short-handed until APS, so if they're on-board then it should carry a lot of weight with your Career Manager.

Thought about that as well thank you. I from what I have heard is that the CM might not support it either but its ultimately up to the Col in DmilC, true?

One of my troops just went through something similar after being offered a position with the RCMP. It was a particularly nasty situation, I will talk to you in PMs if you wish.

The main point I would make to you publicly though is that CMP is holding people's feet to the fire right now, and that things that were previously a no-brainer appear to no longer be treated as such.

And his request was supported by the CoC, the Career Manager, all the way up until it was finally denied by the Chief of Staff for the CMP.

Back