• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2006 Parliamentary Debate on AFG Mission

Thanks Jake, Im finding the English to be pretty easy to follow...

Anytime  :) I guess there was a few minutes when I first started watching that was kind of rough. It seems to be ok now.

How many are watching this?  The things that come out of these peoples mouths are utterly unbelievable.  "The mission in afghanistan has increased violence and instability..."

Outrageous.

I'm beginning to believe that some of these Members of Parliament need to be spoon fed information like a toddler his apple sauce. What kind of people can show up to a debate so completely uninformed (by their own actions) and yet have the audacity speak as though they are educated on the situation?

I am not a doctor, so I wouldn't go into a hospital and tell a surgeon to do something different than what he is doing. To do so would be both ignorant and potentially dangerous. I wish these politicians could understand that concept.

So apparently according to the Burnaby NDP MP, we are there for the support of the UN mission? not the US one.....and we should be deploying humanitarian aid with a helping hand, not the end of a gun. It is no the Canadian way(paraphrasing).

I have watched it from the start, and it's pure hypocrisy..plain and simple. It's all "I support the troops, but..." Crap!! If they supported the troops, this politicking wouldn't be happening. They have had literally years to form an opinion, and now suddenly they're unsure. (I think they are unsure of votes...not the mission)

Then they turn around and cry that nobody understands Parliament and the politicians...Oh we understand them very well thank you

rant out

The Liberal Member from Canso-Cape Breton is supporting the motion. His speech was heartfelt and articulate. It is almost turning into another Urban/Rural split (at least in the Liberal Party)

CTV newsnet has Mike Duffy on...good coverage also

FSTO said:
The Liberal Member from Canso-Cape Breton is supporting the motion. His speech was heartfelt and articulate. It is almost turning into another Urban/Rural split (at least in the Liberal Party)

Exactly... Finally someone besides the Conservatives with some common sence on the situation. Probably because half of his constituants have sons and daughters in the CF :)

A few of these guys say that they are too uninformed to make a decision, yet they've already said even before the debate that they know what they're voting.

armybuck041 said:
Exactly... Finally someone besides the Conservatives with some common sence on the situation. Probably because half of his constituants have sons and daughters in the CF :)

Best one I saw speak in the hour I watched it.....to bad he will get drowned out by a bunch of morons blathering on about how this is an insult to us(the military) to give them such short time to forumlate a decision.......then that same MP sais he has been in the house for 5 years.....thats 4 years to make your decision.....

Gee, Alexa must be a white woman... Wasn't it always shown in the tv shows that the white man/woman spoke from both sides of his/her mouth...classic example

Are the Dutch and the UK not in Afghanistan anymore???

I seem to recall passing them on the roads and visiting their camps during Athena Roto III.

So why does the NDP keep saying there not there?

Do they not understand that we are in the Handover Phase of OEF back to ISAF? Somebody had to pony up to do it.... We should be proud of this fact.

Both the Dutch SF and the Brits are there.

The NDP are smokin' up as usual and talking out their backsides    ::)

Regards

oooh, vote time. The speaker of the house said he believes the motion will pass.

They have voted in favour of an extension to our commitment in Afghanistan  :D

Back