• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Islamic Terrorism in the West ( Mega thread)

They aren't protestors, they are a mob.

Not all diversity is bad. I don't see Indians, Asians, Ukrainians etc coming here and consistently harassing people and shutting down streets for their 'protests'. There is something about this group and Israel defending itself that is...off. They can't come here like everyone else and just leave their problems at the door.

A lot of diversity in Toronto.

If I had my choice of stations, I would pick one in a predominantly Chinese community.

No other community ever gave us the cooperation they did. Without requiring police involvement.

Fear is the mind killer. I’m a big fan of firm fair friendly, up till it’s time not to be friendly.

I don’t see any point in using force when a word can be used instead, if one can separate the trouble maker(s) it makes it easier to deal with, if they refuse to be separated from the rest, then they chose that route, and any resultant issues that come from it.

Yes I realize that I’m armchair quarterbacking, but I just don’t think that the best results for the long run came about from the more passive approach to this incident.
One hundred percent agree. Passivity only results in the bad guys taking advantage of it. We see it here in a jail - yes we are very passive when dealing with barricaded uncooperative inmates.

Not all diversity is bad. I don't see Indians, Asians, Ukrainians etc coming here and consistently harassing people and shutting down streets for their 'protests'. There is something about this group and Israel defending itself that is...off. They can't come here like everyone else and just leave their problems at the door.
Look at our immigration policies, AND look at who was actually allowed in. A lot of FAMs were allowed in.

Another consideration- there was one civilian in behind the police who it sounds like was shouting at the loudmouths, and getting an aggressive response back from several. Yes, we all focus on the one making the threats, but when you watch there were others too. The police were keeping that individual and the angry young dudes within the protest separate, and likely preventing a significant assault by doing so. Breaking ranks to get control of the one guy for threats - which could easily have taken all of the officers immediately on scene - would have also meant breaking that barrier that was likely the only thing preventing physical violence between a handful of people. I would not be surprised if the tactical decision was to simply hold the line, keep that physical separation, and prevent an escalation in crowd vs witness violence.

All the hypotheticals in the world are fine, but there were only two or three of them for a few minutes, and they could effectively only commit themselves to doing one thing. They had to pick what that thing was.

Look at our immigration policies, AND look at who was actually allowed in. A lot of FAMs were allowed in.

Immigration politics is one thing. But, I do take the occasional glance at Toronto's Most Wanted list, in case I recognise someone.

Regardless of immigration status.

They may have left town. If you see any of these guys, call it in.

Perfectly normal behaviour

Deport them to gaza to their Islamic utopia.

Plan A.

Here is Plan B

An RCMP officer removes protesters, who were calling for a ceasefire in Gaza, from a hotel ballroom in Ottawa where Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was to participate in a Liberal Party fundraising event, on Nov. 21. The Prime Minister was not in the room when several protesters entered.JUSTIN TANG/THE CANADIAN PRESS

3PQ4U5D4GFCATAC3SIODUPSEOQ.jpg

If it can be done to protect politicians surely it can be done to protect shoppers.

I read the G&M article. So, the Liberals publicly called for the unconditional ceasefire by Israel, yet Team Hamas are still infuriated by the Liberals and are demanding they do what they did.

What more is Team Hamas expecting from the government? Have the CAF invade Israel?

Fucking loons…

Plan A.

Here is Plan B

An RCMP officer removes protesters, who were calling for a ceasefire in Gaza, from a hotel ballroom in Ottawa where Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was to participate in a Liberal Party fundraising event, on Nov. 21. The Prime Minister was not in the room when several protesters entered.JUSTIN TANG/THE CANADIAN PRESS

View attachment 81883

If it can be done to protect politicians surely it can be done to protect shoppers.
we asked for it. When I got the strap at school, I could count on getting it at home as well. Consequently, being allergic to pain, I tried to avoid getting the strap. Human rights groups took school boards to court in order to ban corporal punishment. Parents were taught that corporal punishment was cruel and inhumane. Now there is no discipline in schools instead, some schools have security guards on duty to help control the mob. Ask women teachers in a mixed heritage school about the support or lack of it from Muslim fathers and how that is reflected in their son's behaviour. Parents have kids that openly defy them. (not all of course and probably not a majority but certainly a significant number) Riots in the shopping malls are just a logical consequence.

I read the G&M article. So, the Liberals publicly called for the unconditional ceasefire by Israel, yet Team Hamas are still infuriated by the Liberals and are demanding they do what they did.

What more is Team Hamas expecting from the government? Have the CAF invade Israel?

Fucking loons…

It makes sense if the goal is disruption.

Disruption generally doesn’t win supporters though. It tends to set people against you.

But suppose you don't care if the disruptors are hated? All you want is that they disrupt, hinder, harass and annoy.

But suppose you don't care if the disruptors are hated? All you want is that they disrupt, hinder, harass and annoy.
People will demand that liberals enforce the law or they will elect illiberals who will.

Immigration politics is one thing. But, I do take the occasional glance at Toronto's Most Wanted list, in case I recognise someone.

Regardless of immigration status.

They may have left town. If you see any of these guys, call it in.

Interesting as you can see shifts in the pattern of who's wanted as the years go by.

Perfectly normal behaviour

Deport them to gaza to their Islamic utopia.

How do get away with openly threatening to kill a police officer??????

I think he was threatening someone else, it looked like police were keeping a dividing line between the protest group and either bystanders or counter protesters.

Look at the tactical situation the couple officers are in there. With what we’re limited to seeing, to me that’s not the circumstances to try to force an arrest. You’re probably just going to end up with a brawl and potentially much greater harm, and you probably won’t be succesful in the arrest either. There’s video everywhere; if possible you try to ID for subsequent arrest and charges when they’re no longer in the powder keg. Sometimes in a public order situation you have to accept that not everything will be actionable and some people will get away with some stuff. This is a very volatile situation in a crappy setting.

So CCC§264.1 is…unenforceable? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Honestly I see that answer as a bit of a cop out (pun intended). To retain public order sometimes one needs to act with speed, surprise and violence of action.

I’m of the experience that very few people will actively resist an aggressive Police action - especially if they know they are going to get hickory shampoo’d if they do.

No, but pretty much any offense not involving actual immediate injury may not be wise to try to enforce in the moment.

Yeah, but if you’re gonna go violent on public order enforcement, you’d better have what you need in place.

An event like this would be run by a critical incident commander, who also likely had given specific direction about thresholds for arrest or other enforcement action in order to have a firm grip on what’s happening big picture.

I agree that what we saw here was all kinds of wrong. I just don’t think these officers, in this situation, were in a good place to try to take enforcement action given the totality of the situation. There are lots of ways this could have gotten worse from a simple spark like that. I hope that for future protests, police posture is ramped up so that they can act more decisively.

following up on the Eaton Centre events: “six foot deep” guy and one of his compatriots have been identified and arrested, and a search warrant executed that found useful evidence- my guess is matching clothing.

Much of what I was saying earlier on this has been validated.

following up on the Eaton Centre events: “six foot deep” guy and one of his compatriots have been identified and arrested, and a search warrant executed that found useful evidence- my guess is matching clothing.

Much of what I was saying earlier on this has been validated.
All well and good, but how does that help folks who were inconvenienced or felt threatened from the display that day?

All well and good, but how does that help folks who were inconvenienced or felt threatened from the display that day?
It’s recognized in law that protests will likely cause inconvenience. That’s often part of the point, and has been accepted as part do the necessary trade off for safeguarding expression on matters of politics, conscience, etc.

People feeling threatened is obviously a few steps beyond inconvenience. Some of that has resulted in charges, some in changes to TPS’ tolerance for and response to such protests. There is no perfect answer to this dilemma.

But, two assholes who clearly crossed lines have been charged, in the manner I described could happen.

Quick Bail, released on their own recognizance. Charge Police with racism.

Back