• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

“Soldiers” heh.

I remember cringing whilst watching the members of the naval boarding party being laboriously winched down to the Katie’s deck one by one. Compare that to Huron’s boarding team being taught fast roping by RMs out of Gibraltar while transiting to the Gulf in ‘91. Although they never used it.

A perishable skill methinks.
The good thing is that anybody can fastrope…at least once… 😆

“Soldiers” heh.

I remember cringing whilst watching the members of the naval boarding party being laboriously winched down to the Katie’s deck one by one. Compare that to Huron’s boarding team being taught fast roping by RMs out of Gibraltar while transiting to the Gulf in ‘91. Although they never used it.

Fast roping is way easier and faster though, so that's no good ;)

No, the whole of government would rather spend an extra $10M and take an extra two years on process than risk a negative news article suggesting we bought the wrong thing or failed to consider the newest contemporary issue.
Seems like that happens anyway, when losing bidders launch challenges in court

Wondering if I missed the announcement - PSPC has created an ADM for "Defence Procurement Review".

The incumbent was, a year ago, assistant secretary to Cabinet in PCO.
It's funny how quiet things go if you ask PSPC what the cost/delays of their programs are on procurements, or ask ISED what the cost is for including their contract requirements for ITBs. Even just in reporting it can add a few PYEs for tracking Canadian content and locations.

This is probably why I stopped getting inviting to some meetings!

It's funny how quiet things go if you ask PSPC what the cost/delays of their programs are on procurements, or ask ISED what the cost is for including their contract requirements for ITBs. Even just in reporting it can add a few PYEs for tracking Canadian content and locations.

This is probably why I stopped getting inviting to some meetings!
Family Guy Cockroach GIF

I explained how The FAA, Green Procurement, Indigenous Procurement, PSPC, ISED, and TB worked to my teenager this morning, as she asked why it was taking 6 months to do repairs on the LaSalle Cauaeway.

The colour drained from her face when I told her we used that same contracting model to buy everything from Fighter Jets to Office Furniture. Her response?

"I'm not even paying taxes yet and that is making me angry."

I explained how The FAA, Green Procurement, Indigenous Procurement, PSPC, ISED, and TB worked to my teenager this morning, as she asked why it was taking 6 months to do repairs on the LaSalle Cauaeway.

The colour drained from her face when I told her we used that same contracting model to buy everything from Fighter Jets to Office Furniture. Her response?

I have come to come to the conclusion that either every Sci Fi movie I watched in the eighties was seen as "that looks great" and they now use it a how to manual or I was just a very small minority said that looks terrible lets not do that. I thought they were warnings.....But now I can see they were just spoilers.

Modern Government is using this movie as their basis now

“Soldiers” heh.

I thought I heard at the time that it was JTF2 that conducted that op? Or was a regular naval boarding party?

“Soldiers” heh.

In good weather, it makes for great PR shots ;)

I see you also like to watch the world burn

A couple of areas for Canada to spend money it doesn't have.

Is Canada or NORAD in the IBCS business?

Germany to hit Nato spending target next year​

Germany will hit Nato’s spending target next year, its foreign minister has said.
Annalena Baerbock told a meeting of Nato defence ministers in Brussels that the country would spend at least two per cent of its GDP on military expenditure in 2024.
Germany has not met the target since 1991, the year the reunification of West and East Germany was completed.

A Green minister at that.

Maybe Canada and Canadians need a swift kick in the ass to wake up to what’s going on. Something along the lines of getting dropped from the G7 group of nations in favour of, say, Australia, having the Five Eyes reduced to four. etc.
I also suspect that as soon as the cuts got announced that certain phone lines started buzzing from allies.
we need to be kicked out of the associations we value most for profit. and not allowed back in until we pony up the funds like all the other
We all knew JTs hints were like Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown to kick.
Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts
bang on

Back