• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

You're right. Transmission of the COVID virus is through respiratory droplets and aerosols when an infected person breathes, coughs, sneezes, sings, shouts, or talks. Reports of outbreaks in settings with poor ventilation suggest that infectious aerosols were suspended in the air and that people inhaled the virus at distances beyond 2 metres. Being outdoors or in a well ventilated place greatly reduces the chances of virus transmission. Note you should also be at least 2 metres away from the person - social distancing. From what I've seen many people were unmasked and less than two metres apart from each other.
You're right, but we have seen large protests, BLM protests, indigenous protests, environmental protests, political protests and others I'm sure I'm forgetting and they haven't lead to superspreader events, this being both pre vaccine and post vaccine.

The threat of outdoor protests leading to superspreader events is overblown.
Please note that there were places such as the Rideau Centre on Sat, 29 Jan where large numbers of the protesters did congregate together while unmasked. I witnessed this myself on that day. There were other smaller places in the Byward Market too where the protesters met to keep warm. Some of protesters have rented hotel rooms and were reported as not wearing masks by the hotel staffs.
These indoor settings are more concerning, but I am well aware that if these people didn't have any qualms about gathering in public in Ottawa, they were likely doing it elsewhere anyways.

And thankfully they will probably get Omicron which isn't all that bad.
Hopefully there will be no large COVID outbreak in Ottawa due to this protest.
They will likely be leaving Ottawa and if they do have covid they will be spreading it from Ottawa to where they are from, depending on when they leave

Is there any estimate of how many people are left, compared to how many were there on the weekend?

Nontheless,

People ditched science in the toilets a long time ago.

Case in point, how many places still have hand wash stations set up? How many jurisdictions still have cloth mask mandates despite science saying it doesn't do much at this point?

But Goldman, a microbiologist at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School in Newark, decided to take a closer look at the evidence around fomites. What he found was that there was little to support the idea that SARS-CoV-2 passes from one person to another through contaminated surfaces. He wrote a pointed commentary for The Lancet Infectious Diseases in July, arguing that surfaces presented relatively little risk of transmitting the virus2. His conviction has only strengthened since then, and Goldman has long since abandoned the gloves.

Many others reached similar conclusions. In fact, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) clarified its guidance about surface transmission in May, stating that this route is “not thought to be the main way the virus spreads”. It now states that transmission through surfaces is “not thought to be a common way that COVID-19 spreads”.

As evidence has accumulated over the course of the pandemic, scientific understanding about the virus has changed. Studies and investigations of outbreaks all point to the majority of transmissions occurring as a result of infected people spewing out large droplets and small particles called aerosols when they cough, talk or breathe. These can be directly inhaled by people close by. Surface transmission, although possible, is not thought to be a significant risk.

Your cloth face mask isn't protecting you against the coronavirus variant omicron, health officials say.

As common as cloth face masks have become, health experts say, they do little to prevent tiny virus particles from getting into your nose or mouth and aren't effective against the new variant.

"Cloth masks are not going to cut it with omicron," says Linsey Marr, a researcher at Virginia Tech told NPR.

What individual jurisdictions do now is simply throw shit at a wall and see what sticks, not much is done according to science.

Which is why people are unsettled by people being in the most ventilated environment possible (outside) is still disconcerting. Anything to do with crowds freaks people out, and it shouldn't but it does, so politicians do stuff based on peoples emotions instead of science.

Anything to do with crowds freaks people out, and it shouldn't but it does, so politicians do stuff based on peoples emotions instead of science.

I didn't go to medical school, so I'm in not qualified to argue science with you.

Which is why I was careful not to say cities cancelling outdoor New Year's Eve celebrations last month were right or wrong.

I simply said, "interesting."

As far as Ottawa goes, good luck to them. Hopefully, you are right and it will not be a super-spreader.

I’m not hearing much concern for a superspreader. The locals just want to be able to go outside without being harassed, disabled and elderly want to access their essential services, businesses who have been waiting to reopen just want to get back to it and overall everyone just wants these guys to leave.

The message has been high jacked and lost. When a protest becomes an occupation it’s time to be removed.

I didn't go to medical school, so I'm in not qualified to argue science with you.

Which is why I was careful not to say cities cancelling outdoor New Year's Eve celebrations last month were right or wrong.

I simply said, "interesting."

As far as Ottawa goes, good luck to them. Hopefully, you are right and it will not be a super-spreader.

Which is why I was careful to not say what you said or what you posted was right or wrong.

Simply that cities/politicians have given up on staying up to date on the science of covid quite a while ago.

Should be easy enough to verify approximately how many Confederate and Nazi flags were there, whether the people carrying them were confronted, and whether they left when confronted.

Go blow smoke up someone else's butt.

Social media bans​

LifeSiteNews' Twitter accounts have been temporarily suspended at least four times since 2018; once in error, twice for violating rules against "targeted misgendering or deadnaming of transgender individuals", and once for violating rules against spreading COVID-19 misinformation.[8][25][26]

LifeSiteNews' YouTube channel was banned in February 2021 for persistently promoting COVID-19 misinformation. One video claimed that COVID-19 was "the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on an unsuspecting public". Another promoted anti-vaccine sentiment, cast doubt on the efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines, and stated that COVID-19 "isn't really killing people right and left that weren't probably gonna die within the year anyway". These claims contradicted the scientific consensus and reports from authorities like the World Health Organization, and violated YouTube policies on promotion of health misinformation.[27]

LifeSiteNews was permanently banned from Facebook in May 2021 for violations of policies prohibiting COVID-19 misinformation.[11][28] According to LifeSiteNews, Facebook said the ban was related to their policy of removing anti-vaccination accounts, and a Facebook spokesperson allegedly accused LifeSiteNews of disseminating "false information about COVID-19 that could contribute to physical harm".[11] A joint statement signed by Media Matters for America, GLAAD, the Human Rights Campaign, and NARAL Pro-Choice America said they had collected and reported to Facebook over 100 posts by LifeSiteNews that allegedly spread COVID-19 and vaccine-related misinformation. They added that they believed Facebook should have banned the group "years ago" for using the platform to "push its noxious anti-LGBTQ and anti-choice extremism".[29][30][31]

References:

How are they making out?
RCMP backed off.

Alberta Premier may be going full in tomorrow to get truckers out of there. Today, RCMP calls for support to tow truck companies was not good. Most said they had COVID. Truckers are not going to eat their own. This can get nasty if the RCMP go and arrest people. Border blockade is more ballsy than the Ottawa sit in.

God Bless Our Truckers.

1643782413848.png

RCMP backed off.

Alberta Premier may be going full in tomorrow to get truckers out of there. Today, RCMP calls for support to tow truck companies was not good. Most said they had COVID. Truckers are not going to eat their own. This can get nasty if the RCMP go and arrest people. Border blockade is more ballsy than the Ottawa sit in.

God Bless Our Truckers.

View attachment 68428
Nothing a couple wreckers can't take care of, if civi tow trucks won't do it, time to grab the wreckers from Suffield, Edmonton and Wainwright, head down and clear a path.

Photo-Leo-2-AEV-1-1080x675.jpg

Back