• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

Not sure if it changed, but I have family members and friends in UK who only received one A-Z dose with no follow-up.

Perhaps confusing the fact is it’s described as a single-dose vaccine with booster.

Single-dose Oxford–AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine followed by a 12-week booster. (The Lancet)
Regardless, the UK is giving one dose for all vaccines, including Pfizer and Moderna, with a extended timeline for a second dose.

So they are in the same boat as we are.

Regardless, the UK is giving one dose for all vaccines, including Pfizer and Moderna, with a extended timeline for a second dose.

So they are in the same boat as we are.
That’s a fair comparison, then.

They have 540k vaccines unused.
I'm curious if "unused" means that they are going rotten or that they are spoken for and not administered yet. I got my shot appointment a week ahead of the date, does that mean it was in the "unused" category? It may have been unused but it was spoken for.....

I'm curious if "unused" means that they are going rotten or that they are spoken for and not administered yet. I got my shot appointment a week ahead of the date, does that mean it was in the "unused" category? It may have been unused but it was spoken for.....
With Canada ramping up they should use the one spoken for with you now, and use the one they get in the next delivery for your appointment next week.

Not time to be lollygagging

If they come....you book me an appointment I'd expect you to keep my dose.

If they come....you book me an appointment I'd expect you to keep my dose.
The economy, peoples mental health, social cohesion, the provincial and federal balance sheets, peoples livelihoods and my social life depend on this moving as fast as possible.

I want normal back. Whatever way that happens that is the quickest and safest should be the way its done.

So I hope and pray this way you're describing is the fastest path to normal.

And despite what people think, I don't give a flying fudge who comes up with that plan. If it was the devil himself and he had the best plan to do it I would back the devil.

Just get it done.

It doesn't appear that the tracking takes into account whether or not a vaccine has been "spoken for".

The language used on the website is
-"delivered", and
-"administered".

As of 1338 CST today, the difference between the 2 numbers is 549,482.

The economy, peoples mental health, social cohesion, the provincial and federal balance sheets, peoples livelihoods and my social life depend on this moving as fast as possible.

I want normal back. Whatever way that happens that is the quickest and safest should be the way its done.

So I hope and pray this way you're describing is the fastest path to normal.

And despite what people think, I don't give a flying fudge who comes up with that plan. If it was the devil himself and he had the best plan to do it I would back the devil.

Just get it done.
So why bother having an appointment system?? You know, the one that Ontarip "screwed up" so much?

People really need to stop arguing success or failure based on who their political favourites are. The bias in this thread is flowing amply. Same people behind the same flags every time regardless of facts.
Who do you think is responsible for the state of Canada's vaccination state; federal or provincial level?

The last few pages of this thread have been an interesting read. Lots to unpack.

There are a few realities that the federal government is dealing with while attempting a massive vaccination program:

-lack of domestic vaccine production capability;
-large geographic areas;
-mix of dispersed population / large urban agglomerations;
-federal / provincial / territorial jurisdictions;
-lack of control over vaccine production & delivery from manufacturers; etc...

No matter which party is in power, no matter who is prime minister, these realities are just a few of the challenges that exist.

With these realities in mind, I am curious to understand what alternative courses of action posters believe the federal government should have undertaken? This shouldn't be a politically charged question

How should the federal government have responded vice how it has been responding?

Not interested in "Google it yourself" answers. If you have an opinion to add, I'm interested in hearing it.

Who do you think is responsible for the state of Canada's vaccination state; federal or provincial level?
Yes.

And just sent to Premier Doug Ford:

Recent Government Actions

I joined, for the first time ever, the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario, specifically to vote for you in the last leadership campaign. You won that, and I was happy. You won the following election, and I was again happy. Your government began well, and was refreshing and fun.

I am not happy now, as yet another mindless, soul-destroying, suicide-driving, small-business-crushing, critical-medical-testing-and-treatment-preventing, family-separating, deficit-bloating lockdown is about to begin, and have not been happy for several months.

There is no credible evidence that lockdowns provide any benefit, especially now that the Communist Party of China's spawn has become endemic. I have compared charts from different countries and all US states. The only effects of lockdowns are negative, and those effects will continue for years and decades.

I have watched Free (supposedly) Citizens stripped, for no valid reason (not that there is one) of constitutionally-protected rights: thrown into Justin Trudeau's abusive Covid Jails and starved, sexually-assaulted, and billed horrendous amounts of money for that privilege; attacked, harassed, arrested, and fined by police that I once supported (and flew for, in the Peel Region and Toronto Police Helicopter Trials over twenty years ago); and harassed and denied service despite valid mask exemptions.

I have seen you treat two of your MPPs extremely shabbily.

I, and many others, have had more than enough of this crap.

If my membership has not yet lapsed, it soon will, and it will not be renewed - at least not until there is an opportunity to elect a new leader.

I shall not be voting for you or your party or any candidate thereof in the next election.

I shall be donating to Mr Hillier's and Mr Baber's campaigns, though, with great satisfaction. Both are honourable men, and honour seems to be in very short supply, along with logic, reason, and basic human decency, in your government.

It did not have to end this way, Mr Ford...

Loachman, CD
Captain (Ptd)
Canadian Armed Forces 1973-2016
Yahoo

This shouldn't be a politically charged question.
I agree. When it comes to my health, and the health of people I am responsible for, I've always taken my Direction from the Medical Officer. She, or he, is the expert.

I agree. When it comes to my health, and the health of people I am responsible for, I've always taken my Direction from the Medical Officer. She, or he, is the expert.
The best thing to do whenever Tam gives advice or direction is the exact opposite.

I don't think that I've ever seen anybody be so consistently wrong.

Or paid as much for such a shoddy performance.

How the heck can someone be called an EXPERT on a virus that just came into being a little over a year ago? They may be EXPERTS on somethings but the EXPERTS vary widely over how we should do things. Which one you listening too?

Of course when the expert gives advice such as: Canada's top doctor: 'consider using a mask' during sexual activity I start questioning them.
I wore an N95 when my wife visited me in the guest bedroom when I was on working quarantine during SARS.

( Didn't go so far as cutting holes in sheets :), as they said the virus was airborne. )

I know who I do not trust as medical experts. That's politicians - regardless of party - and strangers on the internet. They are entertainment only during this pandemic. That's just me. YMMV.

Canadian health chief: 'I don't think there's any reason for us to panic' over coronavirus​

Risk of coronavirus outbreak in Canada low, says federal health chief​

Also anyone who questions Dr Tam is racist.

Back