• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Favorite piece of Issue Gear

Just got issued the Goretex jacket and found it to be too heavy and difficult to stuff into my pack.  It already uses 3-layer Goretex so I don't understand the pupose of the additional nylon inner liner as not only does it add bulk but severly hampers it's breathability.  I also have to go through 2 zippers in order to open up ONE pit zip using teeny tiny zipper pulls.  The face fabric looks to be made of a cotton/nylon which I thought was odd for a Goretex parka.  Not a huge leap from the OD Green Goretex parka.  Just my $0.02 CDN. 

I think it's that way because you can get away with wearing it during winter climate. When it starts getting really cold thats when you bust out the parka but like I said they probably tried to meet in the middle of everything, but it is kinda puffy... look at the bright side.. the more puff, the better of a pillow it makes :)

I've always used my gas mask carrier as a pillow.  No point getting too comfortable during an Ex.  ;D

Favorite piece of issued kit hmmm,
all my CADPAT kit after doin my training with OD and Webbing, not that i dont like webbing its a great platform but i like the tac vest design better but unfortunatly thats where my appreitiation for it ends there are much better load bearing systems and vests in production and use.

I may date myself, but I find it hard to beleive that no one has listed their "boots, super stupid" as their favourite piece of issue gear.  I do not know if they are still issued but the combat overboot was the best piece of kit I ever had the privilege of having in my kit but never wearing.  If you managed to get the zipper done all the up without it breaking, your feet would be dry but your heels would become hamburger within a few hundred metres of a slow walk.  They were a fine compliment to the old rain suit emsemble which comes in at a close second to my favourite piece of issue gear. 

lou-reed said:
I may date myself, but I find it hard to beleive that no one has listed their "boots, super stupid" as their favourite piece of issue gear.  I do not know if they are still issued but the combat overboot was the best piece of kit I ever had the privilege of having in my kit but never wearing.  If you managed to get the zipper done all the up without it breaking, your feet would be dry but your heels would become hamburger within a few hundred metres of a slow walk.  They were a fine compliment to the old rain suit emsemble which comes in at a close second to my favourite piece of issue gear. 

Those things were awesome! I'm sure they made sense to someone somewhere and I guess in theory I can see what they were supposed to do but come on...  The old rain gear was pretty sweet too. If you didn't get wet from the rain, you were certainly going to get wet from sweating.

I assume the Ranger blanket is the US poncho liner? Thats what we called them(in fact, thats what they were). A fine piece of kit, along with old US M 65 jacket liner. I thought the 82 pattern webbing was just the cats meow. Compared to the 64 pattern, it was.

Stick, Pointed C1A1 NSN 000000000000000000000001  8)

the 82 ruck .*cough*

but seriously..ICE combat jacket and my gortex boots  :-*

My Leo 2.        ;D

Regards

I love my gortex pants.  I'm also a fan of the new compression sack tht came with the new ruck (which I hate).  The compression sack savdes me a lot of room in my vehicle though......which is always nice  ;D

Issued gear?

LMC's (not really gear, but issued) Flight gloves, Goretex socks... and the Camelbak comes in handy depending on what your doing.

The Inova microlights can also be nifty. PSCN 6210-20-A07-1655 to 1658 to . I clip 'em on my pack, but you can also look uber cool in KAF if you clip it in a button hole near your collar.  ::)

Jacket, Stealth and Trousers, Stealth are tecnically an "issued" piece of gear, albeit to snipers IIRC.... NSN 8415-21-912-4995 to 5002. Not my personal favorite, but well recieved by many.

Last but not least.... a black marker, boxcutter, clipboard and tape gun. Wohoo.....

The olive drab combat scarf.  Most versatile, flexible thing  - sort of like the sneed in "The Lorax" - it can be anything.

Back