• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WTB: Small pack, Cadpat biv bag, Cadpat boots

QuIcKeR

Inactive
Reaction score
i am looking for some of this stuff because i live in regina and we get absolutly nuthing when it comes to good kit.

Ciao
Kevin

QuIcKeR said:
i am looking for some of this stuff because i live in regina and we get absolutly nuthing when it comes to good kit.
Ciao
Kevin
Well your profile doesn't give much info but I'm gonna take a wild stab at this and say you are a Reserve. So here goes:
Small Pack system - still undergoing initial issue within the Regular Force, although some ResF units have been issued. Don't worry, it's coming.
Cadpat Bivy Bag: 90 % of the Reg Force still doesn't have it...again...be patient.
Cadpat Boots: Still only in the trial stage, but currently being worn by select pers throughout different Units/trades/positions etc as part of the trials so they can get input from all fronts for trial purposes. Relax, these will be awhile yet for all of us.

yes i am in the Reserves. i am in 10fld Artillery and i live in regina. I am on course right now with poeple from brandon and they have all the kit that i would like to have. like for example i never did get a ranger blanket. they said that they would ahve the new Cadpat Thermal blankets in like 2 months ago didnt happen. The Cadpat gloves, just got sized for them last week wont get for like 5 more. Small pack everyone im on course from brandon has one. i just think its bull how people get screwed because of were they live. o well when i go reg i should get some better peices of kit

Bivvy bags are 200 on ebay.  and there was three of them on there this week.  Go gettum.  Small packs, would run a bit higher cause they are newer.  Save some cash and get one of the decent aftermarket bags offered by all the online kit stores.  Spend no more than 200, and try to get a brown colour so you can still use the bag when you get issued your small pack

QuIcKeR- I understand what you are going through; I felt the same way when I first joined... but please understand, we the members of the CF have survived are far less "high tech" kit for decades. It is mostly not a question of "if" you can get it but "when". I went to Clothing at our ASU to get 3 of our new troops issued with the very "basic" of kit issues and they didn't even get Valises, outer sleeping bags, and even a CF Cap badge (to mention a few). So if you think you have it bad, imagine joining and not having enough stock for the new recruits. Imagine what their first impression is of not even having a cap badge.  

Please be patient as there are people with operational requirements that need it first. I realize the supply system is not perfect (no offence armyvern), but they have to kit out approx 60 000 members with kit and sometimes the kit takes a while to filter down. It sucks when some people get the fancy new stuff and some do not. Be patient it will come, like 2332Piper said, kit doesn't make the soldier. I don't think not having all this "gucci" kit will affect your soldiering skills and whether you will pass the course or not.

Please don't take this post as a "slag" or an attack. I'm just trying to enlighten you with the way things are.

MPSHIELD said:
(no offence armyvern)
No offense taken, far from it...the system actually offends most 911ers I know...it just sucks trying to work within it!!    ;)

And I think you meant to say the Supply System WASN"T perfect in your post!!  ;D

MPSHIELD said:
armyvern-Oops-Grammar corrected!
Good!! After all how offended could I possibly be by your calling the Supply system perfect?? Ha ha.  ;D

I gotthe small pack... it rocks!!! Strap your valice on it and you have the perfect patroll bag. It's light, you can put more kit than you wold expect, and it's cadpat. For the boots, i have a pair for trials...not so bad, but in wt times, the cadpat boot doesn't stand comapre to our actual boots.  :bullet:

MPSHIELD said:
Please be patient as there are people with operational requirements that need it first. I realize the supply system is not perfect (no offence armyvern), but they have to kit out approx 60 000 members with kit and sometimes the kit takes a while to filter down. It sucks when some people get the fancy new stuff and some do not. Be patient it will come, like 2332Piper said, kit doesn't make the soldier. I don't think not having all this "gucci" kit will affect your soldiering skills and whether you will pass the course or not.

I am in a very operational unit. I personally have been on 3 tours in the last 4 yrs...

I don't have alll that kit either:

I have a CADPAT patrol pack, I have a green bivy bag, I will not get the CADPAT ranger blanket. One of my Cpls just got the CADPAT Jacket. None of us have the new snow shoes yet. And CADPAT boots might look good, but are they? The Mk 3s you have are the standard, and while running around Dundurn or Shilo, they'll work well.

Use what you got, don't try and buy what you may be issued in the near future. Its not worth the money.

BTW, I used to be 64 Bty some 18 yrs ago....

I still dont' have a CADPAT bivvie bag.

The patrol pack is OK, but the buckles have broken when frozen, or when subjected to heavy loads (80lbs plus)

The CADPAT boots turn white when the color fades, and the soles freeze just like the Wet weather's, causing some of the most spectacular wipeouts on ice you have ever seen.

The new snowshoes are utter garbage, they break in anything below -10C.

So cool your jets, you are'nt missing a whole lot.  :)

Does anyone else have a problem with the CADPAT gloves having zero insulating value? Even stacking them with the liners, cold seemed to go right through them.

I don't believe the cadpat gloves are supposed to insulate.  They are for temperate weather.

They're not insulated, just a regular old leather glove with a cam job.

Most of the newer kit is a pain in the rear when you live in an enviroment that can go from +15 to -15 in the space of 6 hours. The older kit had a broader temperature range, if for no reason other then it was based more around layering... not saying the goretex isn't an improvement, just irritated by how centric most of it is around specific temperatures...

With some small issues, overall the new equipment is much better than what we had.   No matter what is produced, and fielded, there is always someone who think's there is something better, and there probably is.   Nonetheless, I think the new kit is pretty good from what we had.

Some, not all, of the new equipment was designed to replace older items where some was created to fill empty holes.

Using the new equipment in ways it was not designed or intended to be used, will damage it and cause those doing it to think it is a piece of junk.   For example, those new CADPAT gloves are not designed to be worn with liners, they are supposed to be snug to enable the wearer greater manipulation and dexterity with them on (weapons, equipment).   They are only meant for Temperate climates, reference the zero insulating value.  

Beggers cannot be choosers.   And from where we came from in terms of past equipment, we were definately beggers.

No argument that the new kit is by and large better, but I'm just irritated by some of the new equipment being designed around very specific temperature ranges...

As with the new gloves, the options are the temperate glove, or the cold weather glove... I'm not kidding when I say the enviroment that I live/work in can swing from +15 to -15 in 12 hours. With the old combat gloves, you could just take out the liners at the warm end of the spectrum, and accept the fact that you were going to be a bit cold at the cold end of the spectrum. The new cold weather gloves are far far too warm anything more then a few degrees above zero, and don't even bother with the temperate gloves in any sort of cold weather...

Another example, the boots... as I understand it (And I would love to be mistaken here, so if I'm wrong, please correct me), the reason the old combat boots are in short supply right now is because they're not being reordered, as they're being replaced by the temperate boot. The old boot was an extremely functional boot, just a basic, full leather boot, useable with reasonable comfort across an extremely wide temperature spectrum, as well as being extremely durable. It's flaws were in it's soles (Speed laces and maybe a loop at the back of the boot would be nice as well). Unfortunately, as I understand it, there will be no replacement for it... again, same issue as with the gloves, no happy medium for what I would consider a normal Canadian climate.

So, the fact that the old leather gloves, or any kind of glove that's big enough to accept a liner, were also  useless for operating weapons doesn't bother you at all?

The old glover/liner combo is a useless POS. I can't imagine what ANYONE would wear it for, aside from handling POL in a pinch.  New temprate gloves are more cbt arms oriented. It's nice to get our own kit instead of making do with stuff designed for wogs.

Britney Spears said:
So, the fact that the old leather gloves, or any kind of glove that's big enough to accept a liner, were also   useless for operating weapons doesn't bother you at all?

The old glover/liner combo is a useless POS. I can't imagine what ANYONE would wear it for, aside from handling POL in a pinch.   New temprate gloves are more cbt arms oriented. It's nice to get our own kit instead of making do with stuff designed for wogs.

bing bing bing!

We have a winner!

The problem is that so few people in this army are convinced that their job is centered upon fixing, operating or driving something, and that the whole "killing" part is just an anomaly.

Back